Death penalty off the table for Texas shooter

America is where these people are tried and murdered by the state. America is not like the government prescribed in Romans 13:4. That's like Saudi Arabia. Theocracy was contravened by the establishment of American government. Jesus accounts for this when he says to render unto Caesar or God according to what is theirs. And then with the whore, that we cannot execute judgement in a capital punishment case. Meanwhile God commands that vengeance is his. It's fatally un-Christian to support state murder.

You still aren't getting it. Romans describes all world governments not theocracies. We as individuals and believers are not to seek vengeance. That is different then the state judging and doling out sentences. Romans 13:4 is the perfect example of such. Again, he is not referring to theocracies there. No scholar would agree with that

And you haven't given a point as to why.

Instead of the minor/adult, child/adult system we have, you're suggesting everyone be judged by intent, or is it action.

But you've made no point as to why.

Why would actions matter more then their age? Is that a serious question?

For the one in authority is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer
Romans 13:4.

You were saying?
Sounds like a sponsorship for state tyranny.

Should we bring up that quote when people oppose state assisted abortions?

Sounds like a sponsorship for state tyranny.

Should we bring up that quote when people oppose state assisted abortions?

Most of the Bible can be seen that way as Christians are called to humble themselves. Something I'm admittedly VERY bad at in argument

He should get a cattle spike in the head before he sees the backseat of a police car.

Wait isn’t there a push for 16 year olds to vote ? Also inject hormones ? You can’t have it both ways .. he should be out to death, there won’t be no prison justice because of the media and having 15 min of fame I’m sure he will be in protective custody

Why would actions matter more then their age? Is that a serious question?

There wasn't a question in my post at all.

I presented my case for drawing the line at 17/18.

You haven't presented a case for otherwise.

Wait isn’t there a push for 16 year olds to vote ? Also inject hormones ? You can’t have it both ways .. he should be out to death, there won’t be no prison justice because of the media and having 15 min of fame I’m sure he will be in protective custody
I think he should be put to death but how is getting hormone injections equal to being put to death in terms of severity?

There wasn't a question in my post at all.

I presented my case for drawing the line at 17/18.

You haven't presented a case for otherwise.

And you haven't given a point as to why.

Instead of the minor/adult, child/adult system we have, you're suggesting everyone be judged by intent, or is it action.

But you've made no point as to why.

again.... the why should be fucking obvious. Because actions matter more then age. Minors should be eligible for capital punishment for the exact same reasons as adults.

The government shouldn’t have the power to put its citizens to death, in my opinion.
When there's no doubt of guilty for this type of crime, taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for free room & board and food and entertainment for the prisoner.

Actually, they should transfer him to the custody of the Baltimore cops who killed the black kid on the way to the police station or any racist cop who kills black people by shooting them in the back.

When there's no doubt of guilty for this type of crime, taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for free room & board and food and entertainment for the prisoner.

This. I understand that people are hesitant about capital punishment, but this case should be as easy as they get. Take him out back and put a bullet in the back of his head

You still aren't getting it. Romans describes all world governments not theocracies. We as individuals and believers are not to seek vengeance. That is different then the state judging and doling out sentences. Romans 13:4 is the perfect example of such. Again, he is not referring to theocracies there. No scholar would agree with that
No, it doesn't describe all world governments. America is not a government of God, it's a government of The People. It is explicitly secular, which is ironically the only way to secure freedom of and from religion to such a successful degree that our disagreements are mostly minor. American Christians are to render unto man's government what is man's government's, and give to God what is God's. God's is judgment and vengeance. This is foundational to Christian belief.

No, it doesn't describe all world governments. America is not a government of God, it's a government of The People. It is explicitly secular, which is ironically the only way to secure freedom of and from religion to such a successful degree that our disagreements are mostly minor. American Christians are to render unto man's government what is man's government's, and give to God what is God's. God's is judgment and vengeance. This is foundational to Christian belief.

You STILL are acting as if Romans was talking about theocracy. You are flat out wrong.

Again. God empowers the state to carry out his vengeance and judgement which is evidenced in Romans 13:4. Of course as far as Americans are concerned it's the people that give the government power. We are talking about this in the context of Romans because you tried to make your snarky little christian comment. You're really having trouble keeping up with the discussion here Fawlty. Maybe rub one out and call it a night?

again.... the why should be fucking obvious. Because actions matter more then age. Minors should be eligible for capital punishment for the exact same reasons as adults.

Again, you have not presented a case for actions nattering more than age, with age being representative of mental capacity.

But let's pretend you have,

"These findings confirm that adolescents generally have a greater tendency towards impulsivity, making unsound judgments or reasoning, and are less aware of the consequences of their actions.

Because of their immaturity, adolescent children are also more likely to be coerced by adults and are sometimes the pawns for more sophisticated criminals. They are also more likely to be taken advantage of during the investigation of a criminal case. Juveniles are often intimidated by adults and authority figures, and are therefore more likely to be the victims of coerced confessions, which are often false. Moreover juveniles are less likely to invoke their Miranda Rights, including their right to legal representation. Most importantly, the goals of the death penalty do not apply to juveniles. Retribution aims to give the harshest punishment to the worst offender. Juveniles are the most likely to be capable of rehabilitation. Given their emotional immaturity and lessened culpability, they are not among the ""worst of the worst.""

https://www.aclu.org/other/juveniles-and-death-penalty

I'll remind you my point was that there needs to be a line somewhere. Not a specific point about this tragedy and the person responsible.

Again, you have not presented a case for actions nattering more than age, with age being representative of mental capacity.

But let's pretend you have,

"These findings confirm that adolescents generally have a greater tendency towards impulsivity, making unsound judgments or reasoning, and are less aware of the consequences of their actions.

Because of their immaturity, adolescent children are also more likely to be coerced by adults and are sometimes the pawns for more sophisticated criminals. They are also more likely to be taken advantage of during the investigation of a criminal case. Juveniles are often intimidated by adults and authority figures, and are therefore more likely to be the victims of coerced confessions, which are often false. Moreover juveniles are less likely to invoke their Miranda Rights, including their right to legal representation. Most importantly, the goals of the death penalty do not apply to juveniles. Retribution aims to give the harshest punishment to the worst offender. Juveniles are the most likely to be capable of rehabilitation. Given their emotional immaturity and lessened culpability, they are not among the ""worst of the worst.""

https://www.aclu.org/other/juveniles-and-death-penalty

I'll remind you my point was that there needs to be a line somewhere. Not a specific point about this tragedy and the person responsible.

I don't care if they don't understand the consequences.... they committed a heinous crime and are dangerous to society. Murderers need to be put down regardless of age. That simple enough?

I wonder, given the frequent desire for mass shooters to be killed 'gloriously' in the act or to commit suicide at the end, if imprisoning them for a ludicrous length of time is more of a deterrent than executing them. Let him rot.

I think he should be put to death but how is getting hormone injections equal to being put to death in terms of severity?
Talking about since he isn’t 18 he can’t get the death penalty as the artical mentioned but at his age or younger they are cognitive enough to changes sexes , drive, etc ..

Back