Dear Sherdog

Brood

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I would like to ask a humble question, if I may:

WHY THE F@CK IS GSP RANKED 2ND IN THE MOTH$TF%CKING MW DIVISION?!?!?!!!!1!

Is there anyone in their right minds that believes that Bisping was the legit number 1 MW at the time of his flukey reign?
I like the guy, but come on. He was never a top 5 middleweight, so how is hardly beating him equals such high status for a guy who never fought in that division before, and will NEVER fight in it again?

This is much worse than Conor still being ranked 1st based on one fight that happened more than a year ago, because he at least looked dominant in his sole performance against a solid (although clearly not the top) lightweight.

Shame on you Sherdog!

Yours truly,
Brood

because people that rank are imprezzed with his performance

I would like to ask a humble question, if I may:

WHY THE F@CK IS GSP RANKED 2ND IN THE MOTH$TF%CKING MW DIVISION?!?!?!!!!1!

Is there anyone in their right minds that believes that Bisping was the legit number 1 MW at the time of his flukey reign?
I like the guy, but come on. He was never a top 5 middleweight, so how is hardly beating him equals such high status for a guy who never fought in that division before, and will NEVER fight in it again?

This is much worse than Conor still being ranked 1st based on one fight that happened more than a year ago, because he at least looked dominant in his sole performance against a solid (although clearly not the top) lightweight.

Shame on you Sherdog!

Yours truly,
Brood

It's just another example of the current circus that used to be the UFC.

Anyone in the top 5 would sleep Georges, and clearly he knows that...otherwise he wouldn't have ducked out ASAP.

Rankings used to be based on skill, now it's just a popularity contest.

Agreed, it's an outrage he isn't ranked #1

where did you rank Bisping before he lost?

I would say he was 8th at best.
Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, Souza, Moose, Weidman & Gastelum were all ahead of him. Probably Brunson & Andy as well.

Anyone in the top 5 would sleep Georges, and clearly he knows that...otherwise he wouldn't have ducked out ASAP.

That's where I disagree, I think the champs all can make the top five in the division above. Being top 2 in any division is a huge and I believe translates well one class up. MM showed it, BJ, Edgar, Cerrone even, Couture, RDA, and I am sure there are more.

The UFC is a circus, but this is Sherdog rank, it's supposed to be (a little) better.

Bisping earned his title shot fair and square and KO’d the champion.

GSP returned and won the title.

These are facts TS, just because you want something to be true, it doesn’t make it so.

I think GSP could beat Rockhold and Weidman as they are today....not so much Romero or Whittaker

Take a sad song and make it better. Remember don't let this under your skin. Because then you begin the useless chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter - WOW!

These are facts TS, just because you want something to be true, it doesn’t make it so.

Let's say for the sake of the discussion that Bisping earned his title shot and didn't get it because Weidman was injured. He Ko'd Luke fair and square.
So far so good, Bisping is a hard worker and an overachiever, Good for him.
It still doesn't make him the better fighter.
Weidman CAN beat Romero, but if you match them a couple of times, Romero will win most of the times because he is the better fighter.

So yeah, other than the "earning" the title, the rest of what you said is factual, yet it isn't relevant in the slightest to the fact that GSP is NOT the 2nd best middleweight.

Just because someone is ranked 2nd doesn’t make him the 2nd best.

Rankings are supposed to be objective based on results.

Your ranking are subjective, based on skill sets and probability.

This is the difference between someone who joined this site years ago and these noobs.
Its called sense.

Just because someone is ranked 2nd doesn’t make him the 2nd best.

Rankings are supposed to be objective based on results.

Your ranking are subjective, based on skill sets and probability.

It sure doesn't.

I agree that rankings are supposed to be based on results, but winning a single fight against a champion who doesn't have a stellar resume shouldn't count as better results than having a 9-1 record in the division against top opposition.
Belts should be a tool to mark the top fighter in each division, but it isn't a perfect tool, and sometimes the champions are not the best fighters in their divisions. This is just a case where it's painfully obvious.

This is the difference between someone who joined this site years ago and these noobs.
Its called sense.

What did this George Saint Pierre ever do, am I right? You guys are treating him like a once in a lifetime athlete/fighter. Fuk talent I want to be forced fed my champion through no legitimate means or legitimate ranking system. Let’s talk about relevant stuff like how much money Connor makes and how many PPV buys he will do.

<{Heymansnicker}>

P.S. Unnecessary use of the word cuck

Back