Dear Daniel Cormier: This is how to counter a left kick.....

Are you one of those special noobs who indiscriminately believes any fighter pre-2010s is a can?
Are you one of the fanboys that refuse to believe that fedor just never evovled and started losing to better competition?

Facts are they have two opponent's in common, daniel smoked both of them, while fedor went to sleep

Are you one of the fanboys that refuse to believe that fedor just never evovled and started losing to better competition?

Facts are they have two opponent's in common, daniel smoked both of them, while fedor went to sleep

joined 2015 and still full of shit
{<redford}

What evolution? , anderson silva and werdum were tomato cans in pride they got better and the went to the UFC and took the champion belt , DC striking defence is shit he would be smoked in pride. pride rules favored striking and finishing opponents.

Fedor had a ton of mileage when he fought those guys , DC's HW record is overrated.

This is why people hate Fedor, his fans are ridiculous, Crop crop always telegraph his high kick, never set it up with anything. Look what happen when he enter the ufc and people actually gameplay his headkick and took that away from him and he became useless.

Dc would easily finish a prime Fedor.

Crocop makes them think he is gonna throw a cross

I think Jones and DC can beat prime Fedor

I'm sure he knows how to counter and/or defend. He already did earlier in the fight. It's not that he didn't know. It's that Jones outsmarted him by setting him up for it and timing it well.

{<doc}

posting a tutorial using of guy known for throwing left high kicks, good job TS, I bet if DC knew Jones was gonna be using the left high kick he would have prepared for it better
He literally told Jones the left high kick wouldn't work, he knew Jones would try it.

Either way, what a silly excuse. "It's not DC's fault, Jones didn't tell him beforehand what he would use to KO him!"

Jones set up the kick with a low strike and then went high. The details are in the set up and very few fighters could predict that sequence.

You can counter a strike you can anticipate but one you can't is like swinging in the dark.

Wow, going low and then going high. What a novel concept. Sun Tzu would be amazed. Truly, DC is excused now; how could anyone expect him to anticipate such a cunning attack sequence?

You don't block strikes by "anticipating", you block them by seeing what your opponent throws and then protecting yourself. With kicks, you have to protect your whole body if you can't read the attack. What you NEVER do, no matter what your opponent throws, is defend like this:

$

DC's striking defense is atrocious and based on flailing around wildly. Unfortunately for him, he's also extremely clumsy on top of that.

Nau5Dak.gif

vwcVpk9.gif

Truly, he'd show Fedor what's what.

Last edited:
I'm sure he knows how to counter and/or defend. He already did earlier in the fight. It's not that he didn't know. It's that Jones outsmarted him by setting him up for it and timing it well.

even i knew that a headkick would follow either in round 4 or 5. if he didnt reconize this, than its the job of his coaches to tell him "hey beware ... maybe a headkick will follow" i know its easy to judge infront of a TV, but these "tricks" are standard when it comes to a final match or championship match. Real Madrid does this always ... when you think "oh why are they so slow?no pressure?" and BOOOM just a sec when they start to pressure it feels like the whole world attacks you.

I love DC but TS is not wrong.

Are you questioning Mirko Fucking Cro Cop Filipovic ´s High Kicks???

really dude?

{<huh}

In this thread, we learn who actually watched Cro Cop's fights in Pride.

I laugh at the folks who say Cro Cop didn't setup his head kicks, in the UFC, sure, in Pride, whole different story. The reason that head kick landed all the time was because he set it up with vicious body kicks and low kicks, along with left straights to the face. Once he had his opponents hurt in the body or legs their arms would no longer be in position to guard the head, and that's when he'd go high and kick their heads off. Or if he was feeling mean he'd just kick them in the leg till the guy falls over and can't get back up.

Getting back on topic, TS is absolutely correct, Fedor had the answer more than 10 years ago and it's kinda sad that few if any fighters in MMA have figured it out yet. The high knee shield block that Fedor uses is done in traditional Muay Thai all the time to defend body kicks while still keeping the head protected in case the opponent goes high with the kick.

Also, it gets worse. If you're fighting Jon Jones and you don't know how to defend push kicks to the knee, you're gonna lose. It's his most infamous & effective technique other than eye pokes, it's sad that DC never learned how to deal with it between the first fight and the rematch. Not only that, he got hit with it more in the rematch. And it's not like no one has shown how to counter the kick, there's footage of Valentina doing it to Holly over a year ago.

Okay, well I guess when you fight JJ you'll school him...

giphy.gif

Daniel attempting to block Silva's kick with the exact same... uhm... technique... that he tried to block Jones' kick with. Brings his front leg back, leans his head out, stretches his arms out.... protects nothing, leaves himself off balance and completely open. Horrible failure from his camp to not fix his defense when he'd shown the holes to the whole world beforehand.

$

Fedor was truly special when he actually trained for a fight and gave some fucks about gameplaning.

Fedor's quickness and reflexes were unbelievable in his prime. He had one of the worst physiques in MMA but his athleticism for a HW was incredible.

Back