Dealing with Hands-Low in Boxing : Need Suggestions !

JonPain

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello folks,

i need advice on how to beat boxers, that are counter punchers with their hands low. I notice it is hard to see the punches coming, because they are coming from bellow. What advice can you give me anyway ? I am a counter-puncher myself...

Thanks in advance

Hello folks,

i need advice on how to beat boxers, that are counter punchers with their hands low. I notice it is hard to see the punches coming, because they are coming from bellow. What advice can you give me anyway ? I am a counter-puncher myself...

Thanks in advance

Jabs and lots of them, Jab and move back, jab and move back, when they come forward is when you come forward after you've frustrated them.

throw feints and jabs as said above but use them to read the counters. Counter the counter puncher, usually people will have certain triggers eg. the cross read triggers a pull cross counter. this should be a bit easier since youre a counter puncher yourself

Feint. Keep a tight, conservative guard. Work volume

Also think weidman vs silva 1...double up on on strikes from one hand to mess them up not just left right left etc

Hello folks,

Thanks in advance
Punch them in the face.
:meow:

Hello folks,

Thanks in advance

Guys who 'get away' with having their hands low at a high level are often hyper focused on punches coming for the head, often have a style based around their opponents trying to head hunt. Which can leave them open to...

Last edited:
Hello folks,

Thanks in advance

There are a dozen things you can do.

One way, without a lot of technical and physical improvements, is to double up your jab.
High n low.

Throwing the right to the neck, chest and shoulder helps too.

What both these^ do is break his balance and centre of gravity that is needed. Plus interrupting his flow. One thing to remember is, most hands down guys usually only throw 1-2 punches at a time.

Another thing to try is to hold that right till he counters your jab / double jab. Block n throw the right. Finish with the left. Either hook or jab or even the uppercut.

Jabs and lots of them, Jab and move back, jab and move back, when they come forward is when you come forward after you've frustrated them.
i remember years ago when forrest beat mosley, he said the secret to beating a faster, classier boxer is using the jab. your spot on about not chasing the agile little bastards, unless you want to eat a lot of punches. make 'em come at you and punch with them when they attack.

Back