Locked DEADPOOL 2 Thread v.1 (First Poster Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good director. He could do a good punisher movie too.

I'm hoping this film is slightly less silly but not holding my bref

i feel the cable casting will be crucial to this movie

dolph lundgren ftw

Update: November 18, 2016

It's Official: JOHN WICK's David Leitch is the New Director of DEADPOOL 2

David-Leitch-Deadpool-111816-Dragonlord.jpg

David Leitch, one half of the directing and stunt team behind the John Wick movies, has closed a deal to direct Fox’s Deadpool 2.

The development occurs just weeks after Fox lost Tim Miller as the director to the X-Men spin-off sequel. Miller, who was an integral part of the first movie, which opened in February this year, exited the project over "creative differences" with star Ryan Reynolds.

Leitch's name surfaced just days after Miller's exit, although the producers and studio had filmmakers such as Rupert Sanders, Drew Goddard and Magnus Martens on their to-meet list. Leitch met with Reynolds in New York and was offered the gig soon after.

At the same time, Fox and the producers are also putting into motion Deadpool 3 and will be searching for a separate filmmaker to tackle that installment.

Leitch is well versed in action movie parlance. He made his directorial debut co-directing Wick, the Keanu Reeves revenge thriller, with Chad Stahelski. Before that, however, he and Stahelski spent years as stunt coordinators and second unit directors, creating a stunt company named 87eleven.

He recently wrapped filming on his second feature, The Coldest City, a Cold War thriller starring Charlize Theron.

It's Official: 'John Wick' Director David Leitch to Helm 'Deadpool 2'
tumblr_inline_nifwsbAimK1rqw7i5_zps78jflkji.gif

This news is... excellent.

Update: December 9, 2016

Director Tim Miller Speaks Out About Leaving DEADPOOL 2

24ypjsg.jpg

Director Tim Miller finally spoke out about why he left Deadpool 2. Addressing the fans, he assured them he always wanted to make the “same kind of movie” as the first,

“I just want to say one thing to the geek audience out there, because it’s important to me what the geeks and nerds of the world think because they are my brothers and sisters. I didn’t want to make some stylized movie that was 3 times the budget. If you read the internet — who cares, really? But for those of you who do, I wanted to make the same kind of movie that we made before because I think that’s the right movie to make for the character. So don’t believe what you read on the internet.”

Miller also cleared up another popular rumor — that he was determined to cast Friday Night Lights star Kyle Chandler as Deadpool’s grizzled frienemy Cable.

“I wanted to do the same thing [as the first movie]. Kyle Chandler was not going to be Cable. All this stuff that I read kind of kills me.”

Miller also fired back against the idea that the first movie was a tough shoot, likely in response to some of Reynolds’ recent comments about having a “very, very difficult” time making the movie and “vaguely scary fights in the post-production process”. In contrast, Miller calls it “the best experience of my life.”

“Even when some people go, “The movie was really hard to make.” The movie was a joy to make. I think you see it on screen. We all had such a good time. We had a few arguments in post, but nothing more than usual. The crew was so great, everybody was going to come back and we were going to have such a good time and the idea that it was a difficult movie…It wasn’t, it was a joy, and it was the best experience of my life.”

“I wish them nothing but good — I hope it’s great. I hope it’s a great movie. Because I love the character and I think it’s great, and I love all the actors and I want to see them successful again. I haven’t met David, but he’s a great guy from everything I’ve heard. I want nothing but the best for the character. And for Fox, too. They deserve to make more money. They need to make more money [laughs]. They were great. They were terrific.”

‘Deadpool 2’: Tim Miller Speaks Out About Leaving the Sequel

So, um, what happened and why did he leave?

Supposedly creative differences, also motive for choosing the Sfx company were questioned because the director owns it.

well tim miller is certainly taking the high road

I wonder if Reynolds is a diva on the set and in real life

anyone have any stories?

I don't like the sound of this. Of course there could be huge amounts of spin.,. I guess we'll see when the budget gets announced.

So, um, what happened and why did he leave?

It seems like he's in damage-control mode to save damage to his reputation.

At this point, I don't care why he left. I just want Deadpool 2 to be as awesome as the first.

Update: January 17, 2017

Is Pierce Brosnan Playing Cable in DEADPOOL 2?

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman posted images of them hanging out with Pierce Brosnan with the caption, "Wolvie. Bond. Wade." Could the former Bond actor be up for Cable in Deadpool 2?

16123675_721884274641383_5062336320953647104_n.jpg

C2XYBAkWEAQXuM1.jpg

Not really my ideal Cable actor but I like it.

survivor-s-00846-rgb.jpg

I don't hate it.

Somebody please post the most bloodthirsty, violent scene Pierce has acted out.

Oh god no. Brosnan is a horrible, horrible choice for Cable. Doesn't look like him at all, doesn't sound like him. FFS get Stephen Lang or Ron Perlman or something.

It's not like there are no decent actors with the right look for the part. Sigh.

Meh, casting choice. But.....it could have been worse.

I'm going to get flamed for this but I have never been a huge Bronson fan. His Bond flicks were the cheesiest after Moore and the other "action" type things have never been super impressed by it tbf.

I'd rather Kiera Knightley be Cable.

Not a fan of Pierce. Will see how it works I guess.

I would have preferred Mel. But I'm OK with this.

Oh god no. Brosnan is a horrible, horrible choice for Cable. Doesn't look like him at all, doesn't sound like him. FFS get Stephen Lang or Ron Perlman or something.

It's not like there are no decent actors with the right look for the part. Sigh.
Stephen lang would have been the pfp best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back