Deadlifts or Squats - for hitting the ASS?? | Page 3

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by EatMyShorts, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Cmart Aspiring Milo

Cmart
    I get your style now. I'm going to guess you're a big fan of clickbait sites. So you take a topic, and then ask the provocative question. Your next several posts/threads in here would be:

Lunges - Do they really work?
    Box jumps - A legend or just a myth?
    Straight leg deadlifts - Beneficial or dangerous?
    Front squats - Why bother doing them?

And so on, and so on.

You've done the same thing over and over. "Creatine. Legal steroids?" and "I'm older than college age, Is it still easy to pick up chicks?" and "Marijuana for depression, does it work?"

You're doing clickbait. It's clickbait. You're getting gratification out of people clicking in your threads. You're not selling anything, but you just want to make threads and get people in them.

There are two good preconditions for making threads:

1. You're asking a unique question. Doesn't have to be the first time ever asked in history, but it's really no good to make redundant threads about things already being discussed (unless you just want the gratification of people clicking/posting in your thread).

2. You're genuinely interested in the responses and the discussion. Meaning you're not going to just keep throwing the same stuff out there over and over, and that you're going to participate within the thread in a meaningful way.

The thing you do is to throw out clickbait and then, if you happen to post within the thread, it's with follow-up clickbait. "Box squats - what's up with them? Are they worth my while getting familiar with?" Come on.

People use clickbait because it works, to a degree. It's the very close cousin to trolling. Throw the provocative statement out there and get people in, that's the hook. I get it. I'm not even entirely adverse to it if there's substance within the thread -- if you're reeling people in for an actual legit purpose; to drive conversation within a topic of discussion you have interest in. But no, I don't see that in your threads. They are punctuated with vapid, argumentative, nonproductive, occasional inputs from you. And you go nowhere with the info.

Your recent threads in S&C: deadlifts or squats for the ass, can I replace deadlifts with squats, straps for deadlifts, vids for deadlift form... You could easily get info out of one thread. Even more easily, read the many, many threads about the deadlift from the last decade. Even more easily, Google the subject, do your research, and then present us with the remaining questions after you've done a little due diligence. And be receptive to the actual answers you receive -- in your straps thread you've just done nothing but thwarted every attempt people have made to be helpful to you. If it's not trolling, then again it's a close relative to it.

If it's trolling, kudos for having your fun, but please knock it off. Some of us are here to be informed and entertained, not to have to wade through lame clutter.

Phlog and Thunderhead like this.
  2. semperteneo White Belt

semperteneo
    you want your ass hit, show up to a gym with some atroglide and there'll be some bodybuilders to hit that shit for you...

mike sherry likes this.
  3. jonwade92 White Belt

jonwade92
    Deadlifts. I typically do straight leg deadlifts to really hit the posterior chain. Squats are more quad dominant, with some posterior chain support, but to hit the glutes you need that hip hinge.

4. Mad child Orange Belt

Mad child
    Belgian dead lifts with light weight/high reps or slow lunges following the same logic.

Kickbacks work as well.

5. rocketskates Black Belt

rocketskates
    Donkey calf raises are the best. Have a good looking partner help you out.

6. Mad child Orange Belt

Mad child
    Has his mammas ass. What to do...

Belgian deadlifts (light weight/high reps)
    Slow Lunges and Kickbacks.

Your Boyfriend love you long time.

7. AtlSteel Blue Belt

AtlSteel
    They both make you more attractive and will enable you to hit more ass.

8. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark

JudoThrowFiasco
    Hill sprints.

Box squats

Cable kick backs

Hip thrusts

/know men generally don't have the the pelvic alignment that gets the booty women get.

9. EatMyShorts Orange Belt

EatMyShorts
    Are hex bar DL's any good for hitting the glutes??

10. TehWeak1 Naked eating bacon

TehWeak1
    They're a little awkward to hold but with enough momentum you can hit an ass of any size with tremendous force.

11. EatMyShorts Orange Belt

EatMyShorts
    Okay - more specifically, my question is, I'm tall, with long legs.

I get a lot of hip hinge even on the trap bar.

Will it still work my glutes, if I'm hip hinging a lot?
    Cause I know for most people they would have a more upright posture, no hip hinge, so not working glutes.

Does using the trap bar work more the anterior chain and less the posterior - regardless of degree of hip hinge???

12. EatMyShorts Orange Belt

EatMyShorts
    I hit some low bar squats today, and they felt so good, I almost jizzed my shorts.

13. Cmart Aspiring Milo

Cmart
    Go make a training log

Phlog likes this.
  14. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    So @EatMyShorts did you read all this? Because it was totally on point.

Come on @EatMyShorts. Answer.

15. EatMyShorts Orange Belt

EatMyShorts
    Alright - relative to my body type - I've got this down.

Low bar squats - check.
    They feel great, and completely avoids low back rounding.

Straight bar deadlifts - omit.
    Even elevated, it feels like my spine will break.
    I noticed, having trained them for a few weeks, my weight was going down, not up.
    Body just does not respond well to them.

Hex bar deadlifts - check.
    Feel awesome, weights going up.

Romanian deadlifts - check.
    Torches my hamstrings - and I'm hoping, glutes - but I feel it most in the hamstrings.
    Feels great.

Think I might add in rack pulls - see how that feels.

16. TehWeak1 Naked eating bacon

TehWeak1
    Don't rack pull; do block pulls

17. EatMyShorts Orange Belt

EatMyShorts
    Are you taking the piss?

18. jgarner Yellow Card

jgarner
    I'm just under 6'5 and I have long legs.... With the trap bar, it's got more emphasis on the anterior chain than the posterior. I find that my quads and upper back get the most work with a trap bar.

If you want to work the posterior chain, I highly recommend you try sumo squats. They take a lot of stress of the lower back and put a ton of stress on the hamstrings and glutes. In fact, yesterday was my sumo squat day and after the last set, which was a box set (max reps), I could just feel my hamstrings were like jello.

Between regular low bar back squats, sumo squats, and leg press I get a well rounded workout with my lower body. The most important thing is that you actually do a variation of the lifts. If you get to a point where you're having bad form or lagging muscle groups, then make proper adjustments.

19. TehWeak1 Naked eating bacon

TehWeak1
    I don't know the full rational so I'd hope someone can help me out here, but rack pulls aren't that great. Block pulls would be a better choice. It has to do with tension in the bar or something

20. EatMyShorts Orange Belt

EatMyShorts
    I tried some sumo deadlifts this morning.

Better than the regular set up for sure - but still far harder and more taxing on my body than trap bar DL's.

Gonna take a couple recovery days, then try them again.

Reviewing the tapes now, my form is definitely better than it was for the regular setup.

Nice and light to start:

Little heavier: