Deadlifts or Squats - for hitting the ASS??

Well?

Which one hits the ass better?

I think it's probably squats.

The deadlifts I used to do were always with the hex bar - works more quads than glutes.
Recently I started with the straight bar which apparently hits better the posterior chain/ass - right?

But in either case - I think squats are probably the best exercise for ass development.
AmIRite?

Both hit the glutes pretty well, but if you want to target them then I highly recommend that you do sumo-deadlifts. They seem to hit the glutes insanely hard.

They both hit the ass, and you can change how much and precisely where and how by altering the style of the lift. It also depends on how you're built.

So... Ask a better question and you'll get a better answer?

Hip thrusts?

Does anyone actually do them?

They look ridiculous, and they're certainly not functional.
not functional? Just look at the movement and what its doing. It is THE most basic and functional of all human movements.

Good mornings - how heavy are you meant to go?

Cause of my hip flexion, I gotta bend my knees pretty drastically for anything over 60kgs - which basically makes it a squat.

Am I meant to stay at low weights for these?

I did RDL's yesterday for the first time, which totally fried my hamstrings.

I also tried hip thrusts - really doesn't suit my body type.
And glute bridges - which felt better than hip thrusts, but still doesn't make working out fun for me.

if you only want to grow the glutes the hip thrust and its not even close

Seriously bro, synthol for dat ass growth, bruh!

if you only want to grow the glutes the hip thrust and its not even close

How much weight?

Cause I tried today with 60kgs and it was horrible.

Is it necessary to bridge right over the bench you're leaning on?

To be a butt master, you must use the butt blaster.

CL_Body_Solid_Glute_Max_PGM200X_300.jpg

There you go, troll.

How much weight?

horrible in what way? start with just body weight. and its possible your bench is too high also

How much weight?

Using a bench is tricky-- it can put your torso at the wrong angle. Try again with a stepper & 2 - 4 risers on each side.

Hire a dominatrix, dude. She'll hit the ass HARD for sure.

I have added hip thrusts as my hip hinge exercise on the day I do not squat or deadlift. I'm not total convert, though I have read the articles and watched the videos, many women swear by them and some do a lot of weight on this exercise.

I do think the one leg glute bridge and/or donkey kick back is also in most glute building arsenals. Do I get bonus points for the pun? You should always try to do some unilateral exercises if you can. Anyway the one exercise I do on my squat day that I think I feel in my glutes more than hip thrusts is kettlebell swings. Doing these in high volume I really feel in my glutes and hamstrings the next morning.

It takes less time to set up for, kettlebell swings literally no time to set up and I don't need to wait for a barbell, and I do not feel silly doing them, so perhaps do a bunch of kettlebell swings if you're too manly for hip thrusters.

Instead of making another thread:

Box squats - what's up with them?

Are they worth my while getting familiar with?

I normally do low bar squats exclusively.

Cheers for the tip - gonna try this today.
Using a bench is tricky-- it can put your torso at the wrong angle. Try again with a stepper & 2 - 4 risers on each side.

I tried this today.
Much better than with the bench - lower.

That being said, I did it with 60kgs, which was fine.
Anything heavier than that feels like the weight of it would rupture my bladder.

So - I think that's gonna be an accessory exercise at low weight, rather than a primary one like DL's or squats etc.

Instead of making another thread:

Box squats - what's up with them?

Are they worth my while getting familiar with?

I normally do low bar squats exclusively.

I'm pretty sure there are threads already discussing box squats. If you want dat ass to be juicy as fuck and make all dem bitches give you the look, box squats are great. Paused.

Back