Deadlift Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fall under that category ^^^, but in all fairness, I've never lifted more than 315lbs.

I deadlift again on Tuesday so will add 10lbs and see how that looks.

I'll ask around and see if anyone on my team got my 2nd attempt...or I'll post the results when they come out.

Last edited:
I'd say that's not even necessary. As close as you were to 650, nobody would doubt that you pulled 622.

In fact, using 622 as your starting max pretty much gives you 28 lbs of improvement right off the bat.

I'm late to the party but I'm in if there's a spot left.

I'd say that's not even necessary. As close as you were to 650, nobody would doubt that you pulled 622.

In fact, using 622 as your starting max pretty much gives you 28 lbs of improvement right off the bat.

Yeah. Had edit my post. I always booze it after my meets and that came off a little condescending which is not me. Either way, I'll start at 622 and go from there. High 6s or 700 by January would be awesome.

I'm going to use my all time pr to start of with. I have another meet exactly a month away so I don't want to test my max before then. Should be in the 680 range right now, and I missed 694 about 2 months ago.

I'm going to use my all time pr to start of with. I have another meet exactly a month away so I don't want to test my max before then. Should be in the 680 range right now, and I missed 694 about 2 months ago.

Damn. Made it look easy. Good lift dude.

So we have a few entries for 1RM now, maybe we should start updating the OP to reflect the people participating, their stats and their 1RM videos? @NurseKnuckles

Gotta sift through the garbage that got dumped here over the weekend.

I'll put the list up so far. But I can't keep updating. Someone with a better computer should be doing this. The only time I can do this is when I'm at work.

Last edited:
Any update on a confirmed deadline? I have a meet on June 4th and can have a video of a true max then.

Whoops, missed this thread, but I'd be in.

My best deadlift was 230kg (Dec '15, no video) and at best I'm a tad south of that right now.
If there is no video recquired, I'd put that down as my starting max.

Gotta sift through the garbage that got dumped here over the weekend.

I'll put the list up so far. But I can't keep updating. Someone with a better computer should be doing this. The only time I can do this is when I'm at work.

Is there a better time to this kind of thing?

MOM said he's going to make a fresh thread with the rules. Hopefully people can refrain from derailing that thread. Also, each team will likely make their own thread in the logs so you can use those for conversation and updating progress.

Last edited:
I like that idea. Maybe we can get some mods to sticky those threads.

MOM said he's going to make a fresh thread with the rules. Hopefully people can refrain from derailing that thread. Also, each team will likely make their own thread in the logs so you can use those for conversation and updating progress.

Comp rules should include a warning that flaming or otherwise derailing the thread will result in being banned from the competition. If you have a problem with someone in the competition, stick them on Ignore, or take it to PM's.

Also, we should lay down some rules.

No straps, no hitching, no ramping, no dropping the bar.

Basically, IPF deadlift rules apply? We all good with that?

Any update on a confirmed deadline? I have a meet on June 4th and can have a video of a true max then.

I suggested we start the competition on June 5, the first Monday in June.

If people are on board with that, you'd be all good.

Also, we should lay down some rules.

No straps, no hitching, no ramping, no dropping the bar.

Basically, IPF deadlift rules apply? We all good with that?

if those are the IPF rules, i'm down.

I'm assuming this is raw; no special deadlift suits.

Also, if June 5th is the start date, I think we should have a window for people to submit their starting weights that's closer to the start. Those who are submitting their starting weights already are getting a month head start.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is raw; no special deadlift suits.

Also, if June 5th is the start date, I think we should have a window for people to submit their starting weights that's closer to the start. Those who are submitting their starting weights already are getting a month head start.

I agree with the June 5th date. I should have a more realist measure of my one rep max by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back