Deadlift... Am i a weak little girl.

I don't know what those clowns say, but if you have never deadlifted in your life, and are using a high weight, you are risking injury.

I get it, some people need the pain to feel like they are superman, but injuring yourself to mentally flex in the "tough mofo" mirror is not an efficient way to live.

Sorry, mate- must have missed the part where he said that it hurt, or was any pain while doing so?

That's sexist.

LCSVPT.gif

Time-To-Fap-Meme-01.jpg

It's a starting point so just keep at it. If I had to give one tip assuming your form/technique is up to par approach the bar and be tight, be fast, be aggressive and leave the fear at home. You're not picking delicate flowers. Pull that weight like you want to powerbomb it.

Enjoy the noob gains. Your numbers will probably go up fairly steadily, just don't get over eager and hurt yourself.

Enjoy the noob gains. Your numbers will probably go up fairly steadily, just don't get over eager and hurt yourself.

Yeah probably. Gonna do two sessions a week. Deadlift and squats. Next session will be tomorrow.

I can do both heavy squats and deadlift on the same session. Right?

Yeah probably. Gonna do two sessions a week. Deadlift and squats. Next session will be tomorrow.

You'll gradually find out what works for you. I like doing both on the same day, but prefer one heavy/one light & then the reverse later in the week.

Up to you, I would do squats first though. Doing a heavy deadlift before squats might wear out your lower back and your squat might suffer. Squats beforehand can be a good warm-up for your deadlifts.

As a beginner, once a week is plenty, given you're squatting frequently as well.
Think this varies by person substantially.

Once a week was not enough for me and plateaued quickly. I respond better to volume.

Think this varies by person substantially.

Once a week was not enough for me and plateaued quickly. I respond better to volume.

True. I'm the same actually (high volume and more frequency).

I mentioned it since Frode is a fighter/competitor and is most likely having alot of skillwork and conditioning in his weekly routine as well.

Once a week is plenty when you're at a certain level.
But sure, working on your technique, new to the exercise and such ... go for twice.

So i finaly got around to start lifting. Better late then never.

But i felt week. Did 5 sets. The last two sets where 110 kg. Only 4 reps. I am 72 kg.

Is that very bad? :(

I dont feel weak kicking and punching.. Or in the clinch.. But that deadlift session left me humble and a little sad.
Different ways of measuring strength. My deadlift isn't so bad but I don't have much of a left hook.

You could, but everyone is different. As a fighter it really depends on the rest of your training, work capacity, nutrition, recovery, etc.

Well i do muay thai 6 times a week. Sparring three times.

Dips, pull-ups, push-ups, burpees, neck curls, shrugs, and medicine ball stuff, are part of my weekly training also.

But no heavy lifting before now.

I did some basic noob typical weight lifting some years ago. But that was the stuff everybody do. Machines, curls, legpress, ect. No squats or deadlift.

Finished todays session with one last set of 124 kg. Just one single rep.

Finished todays session with one last set of 124 kg. Just one single rep.
Are you following any programming or just winging it?
True. I'm the same actually (high volume and more frequency).

I mentioned it since Frode is a fighter/competitor and is most likely having alot of skillwork and conditioning in his weekly routine as well.
Ya that can complicate things.

I think Cube is a good option here.

No program. Just do 5 or 6 sets with more load and less reps each set.

my muay thai gym has a mix of pros and cans. All the swole heavy deadlifters and squatters are cans [me included] and all the pros are DYELers who swing kettlebells.

interpret that how you wish.

I don't think you should be doing singles this early. Or ever, if you're just using the weights to train for other things.

Back