De La Hoya: "He (Canelo) is going to fight the very best unlike Floyd."

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
TMT and Golden Boy are again sounding off on each other. The back and forth between the two camps is long standing, and probably shows no signs of slowing down in the near future. De La Hoya has been a critic of Floyd fighting fighters who were not in their primes. In a recent TMZ interview he says that Floyd fought fighters who were "over the hill, or too young".

This has been a long standing debate brought up by Mayweather critics and recently has got attention again from the top brass at Golden Boy Promotions.

Does De La Hoya have a point and is Floyd's recent pursuit of getting in the ring with MMA fighters further indication that he doesn't want to fight boxers in their prime? Should he prove himself in a rematch with Canelo at 160, which Oscar is calling for?

OR

Is De La Hoya just being salty that Canelo, and himself both lost to Mayweather; Floyd did what he needed to do in his career and everything else is just an excuse?

Thoughts?

floyd often did fight guys who were too young or too old, but fuck DLH. he needs to fuck off.

floyd often did fight guys who were too young or too old, but fuck DLH. he needs to fuck off.

I understand his views. I also understand his bias, considering the long history between the two camps dating back to Floyd's uncle, and father.

His call to have Floyd fight Canelo now I think is a bit hypocritical. If a prime Canelo beats a 42 year old Floyd, he will not be able to enjoy that victory the way Oscar intends him to.

Oscar whining about Floyd? Never seen this before.

Floyd should just enjoy his fortune, but I'm sure he'll try and steal the spotlight at least one more time conning a no hope in with him.

He's right, I mean, Floyd never fought the mighty Khan, did he?

Checkmate FLOMOS.

To be honest. Mac and May needed Oscar to get to next level dollar wise.

Mayweather for the most part fought guys coming off good wins.
Canelo was not his easiest fight.
Floyd didn't train for the Conor fight and basically threw arm punches to make it look somewhat real.
And Canelo would pound Floyd if they fought today. Canelos the best boxer in the world at this moment.

What crawled up his ass? He only has himself to blame for that.
31IB4uGX%2BFL._SX425_.jpg

Crawled... Shoved...

Oscar doesn't mention any other of his fighters....his stable is weak. He has to thank DAZN that highly overpaid for Canelo. Stop mentioning floyd.

Back