De La Hoya: Gennady Golovkin's thin win doesn't increase his 'B' side value for Canelo Alvarez fight

Being Selective
Right you said up. Keep playing semantics instead of talking real points.
Moving down to Lara is just as bad as an example as moving up to Ward. Lol I addressed that.

If you think
Canelo v GGG
Is the same or makes as much sense as
GGG v Lara or GGG v Ward
You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Those were always plan B options. GGG staying at 160 collecting belts and checks kind of trumps these scenarios that didnt happen

This is not about Ward . Not sure why you are stuck on that .

This is in direct relation to a person being upset on the Canelo wieght , my response if both fighters agree, it's a non issue between the Fighters .

And we shall see if GGG really meant 154 is a good catsgeory for him .

Lara challenged him ,

the narrative unify all the belts is not his only shitick , which fans seem to imply

While I agree with some of what you are saying you are using some half truths at the same time.

Lara said the best guys at 154 were cowards and that he was going to 160 to take belts and beat GGG so his fans got excited. Not long after that Lara changed his mind and said publicly he was going to give 154 another chance and try to unify instead of moving up. So that is certainly not on GGG at all.

It's been debated forever but most people agree that the truth is Ward only made a half-hearted attempt to get a fight with GGG a few days after GGG signed and sealed a ppv deal with Lemieux. Then announced he was moving up in weight. That makes it a non-offer.

Caneloweight was just a shit excuse to buy time by De La Hoya. Now that he is moving to 165 and will probably never make 154 again the new excuse is that because GGG barely beat the other best middleweight in the world no one wants to see him fight again so he should fight for nothing. Like I said when GGG was forced to step aside for Cotto/Canelo, De La Hoya will not let this fight happen until GGG is old as shit.

On a side note, I bet Canelo weights in right at 160 for the JCC Jr fight.

He has been on record ,GGG, that he would go up in wieght or down for a big money fight. Lets see if this is true,

It seems his fans are being very selective on what they want to rememeber what GGG says on record

Addresing that point in your words

How is Lara, GGG moving up? You said moving up. All over the map now.

It is clear on this point , you could just say, you made an error and move on but I wont allow you just to make up things now, you are usually accurate but not this time .

i will leave you with this being I have a business flight to Florida 5 days , if anyone is in the miami area hit me up on a pm we can hang out drinks on me

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

While I agree with some of what you are saying you are using some half truths at the same time.

Lara said the best guys at 154 were cowards and that he was going to 160 to take belts and beat GGG so his fans got excited. Not long after that Lara changed his mind and said publicly he was going to give 154 another chance and try to unify instead of moving up. So that is certainly not on GGG at all.

It's been debated forever but most people agree that the truth is Ward only made a half-hearted attempt to get a fight with GGG a few days after GGG signed and sealed a ppv deal with Lemieux. Then announced he was moving up in weight. That makes it a non-offer.

Caneloweight was just a shit excuse to buy time by De La Hoya. Now that he is moving to 165 and will probably never make 154 again the new excuse is that because GGG barely beat the other best middleweight in the world no one wants to see him fight again so he should fight for nothing. Like I said when GGG was forced to step aside for Cotto/Canelo, De La Hoya will not let this fight happen until GGG is old as shit.
ok i stand corrected on the Lara point, I disagree on Oscar avoiding the fight, GGG is 35 or 34 nad untill now has had a significant fight, that says alot I do not buy the avoided narrative, but some do.

It is the money issue, on both ends. Each wont the best for the client. nothing more..
Leoffer has said wieght not an issue, it is the money end.

Addresing that point in your words

It is clear on this point , you could just say, you made an error and move on but I wont allow you just to make up things now, you are usually accurate but not this time .

i will leave you with this being I have a business flight to Florida 5 days , if anyone is in the miami area hit me up on a pm we can hang out drinks on me
Correct i missed the down part. Then saw it and made a separate post about Lara. Your move down opponent was a worse example than Ward.
So are you saying you cant justify your made up scenarios?
Bottom line. GGG moving up or down for guys who are considered poor draws is different than him staying at his weight to fight the lineal champ for a super fight. Its very different and explained pretty clearly.

Thanks for your Itinerary. Have a safe trip.

It is the money issue, on both ends. Each wont the best for the client. nothing more..
Leoffer has said wieght not an issue, it is the money end.

Yes and no. Money is always the biggest factor but in this case that translates to De La Hoya thinking Canelo will make more money fighting people who won't beat him instead of risking a loss with a GGG fight.

Not only did De La Hoya want an insane cut for the GGG fight he wanted similar options set in stone for the required rematch should Canelo lose. That is fucking absurd. A fighter should be rewarded for taking a shit deal and winning by making a ton of money in their next fight whether it is a rematch or not. Canelo demanding to fuck GGG twice is ridiculous and shows clearly that they know he wants to keep making good money by fighting guys who pose no real threat.

Now the win over Jacobs being a close fight is the new excuse to avoid the biggest fight in boxing. First it was weight. Then it was popularity so the fight had to marinate. De La Hoya does not want Canelo to fight GGG right now period.

Yes and no. Money is always the biggest factor but in this case that translates to De La Hoya thinking Canelo will make more money fighting people who won't beat him instead of risking a loss with a GGG fight.

Not only did De La Hoya want an insane cut for the GGG fight he wanted similar options set in stone for the required rematch should Canelo lose. That is fucking absurd. A fighter should be rewarded for taking a shit deal and winning by making a ton of money in their next fight whether it is a rematch or not. Canelo demanding to fuck GGG twice is ridiculous and shows clearly that they know he wants to keep making good money by fighting guys who pose no real threat.

Now the win over Jacobs being a close fight is the new excuse to avoid the biggest fight in boxing. First it was weight. Then it was popularity so the fight had to marinate. De La Hoya does not want Canelo to fight GGG right now period.
PPV numbers for Golovkin/Jacobs look pretty weak. Thats not helping Golovkin either.
Chavez/Canelo..... I can't decide if I think that one will sell or not.

PPV numbers for Golovkin/Jacobs look pretty weak. Thats not helping Golovkin either.
Chavez/Canelo..... I can't decide if I think that one will sell or not.

I think Chavez/Canelo does well in large part as a continuation of the De La Hoya/Chavez Sr rivalry.

A fight with GGG would do ridiculous numbers though. That being said 5 fights with chumps would probably make Canelo a similar amount of money with almost no danger.

So the risk isn't worth the reward and all the belts and respect from fans and getting his honor back after that mexicans don't fuck around we can fight right now nonsense doesn't matter to De La Nelo either.

Who cares what a washed up alcoholic thinks? He's making up reasons for Canelo to continue ducking GGG.

Lara is taller, has a longer reach, and regularly rehydrates to the high 160s, low 170s. Where are you getting the idea that he's much smaller than Canelo from?
I mean it's obvious that Canelo is 6'5 340 lbs.

Canelo+Alvarez+v+Erislandy+Lara+Weigh+wh4Obu5FHWkl.jpg

When Canelo beats the pothead, Max will ask him about GGG. Then he'll say the same shit and we'll have to wait another two years for this fight to happen.

Back