DDS the only team that PED free

Ryo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Well, according to Gordan Ryan anyway.

"Everyone at the highest levels for the most part is on something you know, like a our team is pretty much the only people who I think don’t use st*roids, to a certain degree.”

Hmm... Interesting. Well atleast we can rest assured that one team is clean...

I saw that interview and found it odd that he accused other teams of using steroids but then added that part of a certain degree. I'm sorry but he and Tom Blass look like crossfit or amateur bodybuilders.

our team is pretty much the only people who I think don’t use st*roids, to a certain degree.”
To a certain degree?

Honestly though, I don't give a shit. I'll never be at that level anyways.

"Too a certain degree"

ckbpJ.jpg

Well, according to Gordan Ryan anyway.

"Everyone at the highest levels for the most part is on something you know, like a our team is pretty much the only people who I think don’t use st*roids, to a certain degree.”

Hmm... Interesting. Well atleast we can rest assured that one team is clean...

I assume 'to a certain degree' means Eddie and Garry are clean.

lol at gordon ryan of all people accusing anyone of PED usage.

I saw that interview and found it odd that he accused other teams of using steroids but then added that part of a certain degree. I'm sorry but he and Tom Blass look like crossfit or amateur bodybuilders.

Having met them in person, including Gary, none of them look like they're on anything.
Honestly, they don't look like bodybuilders at all.

Gary and and Eddie look like highschool/college wrestlers. They both look like they do a lot of body weight exercises which would make sense for the sport they compete in.
Tom deblass just looks like a big guy, the type of guy who used to play football and just stayed big. I'm about 5'10 200lbs and if I'm not careful I can become fat, but I keep muscle pretty easily.
Tom's built similarly just looks like a slightly sized up version, he's more like 6'0 225.. same idea. Probably if he wasn't so active his natural tendency would be to be heavier. I think he's italian too, so makes sense.

Gordon would be possibly the exception, and the only one I haven't met in person. Can't give first hand perspective on that one.

Last edited:
Gordon would be possibly the exception, and the only one I haven't met in person. Can't give first hand perspective on that one.

Protein shakes and push-ups bro... OSS!

gordon2.png

Having met them in person, including Gary, none of them look like they're on anything.
Honestly, they don't look like bodybuilders at all.

Gary and and Eddie look like highschool/college wrestlers. They both look like they do a lot of body weight exercises which would make sense for the sport they compete in.
Tom deblass just looks like a big guy, the type of guy who used to play football and just stayed big. I'm about 5'10 200lbs and if I'm not careful I can become fat, but I keep muscle pretty easily.
Tom's built similarly just looks like a slightly sized up version, he's more like 6'0 225.. same idea. Probably if he wasn't so active his natural tendency would be to be heavier. I think he's italian too, so makes sense.

I don't like engaging in drug witch hunts, but Lance Armstrong didn't look like he was on anything either, and that motherfucker could output 500w for 30 minutes straight. The main determinant of if drugs produce a cartoon bodybuilder physique will be the amount of hypertrophy work and calories you're able to consume.

Tom is the man, but he's in a fuck ton of roids...

Protein shakes and push-ups bro... OSS!

View attachment 282233

Not going to say PEDS one way or another, but that transformation would make elite level bodybuilders at that age completely envious.Regardless of what is happening, he has obviously dedicated himself completely to becoming the best grappler he can and is actually exciting to watch.

I wish they would just shut up about it either way if we aren't going to make ensuring the sport is clean as a priority.

Of course they arent going to look like body builders. Athelete drugs and dosages are totally different. Bb doses raise blood pressure and heart rate and would actually make you a worse athelete. Fighters drugs cycles primarily are to allow for unreal recovery time and added strength in your weight class by losing fat and adding lean muscle. Most guys realize if you are going to train multiple times a day and 3 to 5 hrs a day you will eventually need something...you can argue all day but its true. Also hgh is used by ao many atheletes its actually pretty funny. And it should be for it recovery time and tendancies to heal all those nagging injuries in about half the time. It also doesnt give a steroid look. Kinda look like a normal well conditioned athelete. No massive veins, huge disproportionate muscles, very quick gains in size etc....

I think Gordon Ryan is a great athlete and know most of them are on the roids. but to say ryan "doesn't look like he's taking anything" is ridiculous thing to say. Just go back in his IG history a few years and he's tiny looking very natural....now he's jumped up like 3 weight divisions him and Leandro Lo.

Lets stop fooling ourselves that our BJJ heros don't take extra vitamins to train and compete. (I'm not anti roid either)

Back