DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Comic-Con Season 3 Trailer)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 14, 2015

First Trailer for DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Released

Legends-of-Tomorrow-First-Image-Dragonlord.jpg

The CW has just released the first trailer for its upcoming series DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, a spinoff of both the Arrow and Flash universes. When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

DC's Legends of Tomorrow stars Victor Garber as Professor Martin Stein/Firestorm; Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom; Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter; Caity Lotz as Sara LLance/White Canary; Ciarra Renee as Hawkgirl; Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson; with Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave; and Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold.

Based on the characters from DC Comics, DC's Legends of Tomorrow is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash), Marc Guggenheim (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13) and Sarah Schechter (Pan).

[YT]4MubNoWQiSc[/YT]

Update: February 26, 2015

ARROW/FLASH Superhero Team-Up Spinoff in Works at CW

Arrow-Flash-Team-Up-Series-022615-Dragonlord.jpg

DC Comics superheroes are uniting in a potential new drama series at the CW, a spinoff from hits Arrow and The Flash that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. I have learned that the network has teamed with Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim for a project eyed for next season toplined by Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz.

The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters — Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh), Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero.

The project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, Deadline has learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

Flash/Arrow Spinoff in the Works Featuring Firestorm, Atom, Captain Cold and Canary

Last edited:
Really sick of laurel.

Any thoughts on what characters might show up in the new show? Cyborg? Green lantern? Martian manhunter? (I can dream)....although I guess he was in Smallville already.

I couldn't be happier at the news of Caity Lotz back kicking ass on a regular basis. But I very much doubt that she'll be playing Canary, not with Laurel assuming that identity over in Arrow, and they sure as hell aren’t going to resurrect her again.

So what other blonde martial artist superheroine does DC have in their roster that fits the bill? I’m assuming the resemblance to Sara will be acknowledged and explained on-screen.

And what major DC character hasn't been on TV yet?

I hope Captain Cold keeps showing up in this show.

Since I doubt they’ll resurrect her again, Caity is probably not playing Sara. Which means she’ll play someone who looks like Sara. That ought to dial up the angst level during the inevitable crossovers.

Everyone that comes to mind has shown up in Smallville already.

I can't remember,was cyborg ever in Smallville? Or green lantern?
They're the most obvious of the big characters I think. Otherwise it'll be more minor ones. But GL would likely kill the budget.

I can't remember,was cyborg ever in Smallville? Or green lantern?
They're the most obvious of the big characters I think. Otherwise it'll be more minor ones. But GL would likely kill the budget.

Cyborg was, but I don't think Green Lantern was ever on the show.

Now that I think about it, this may have been the reason why DC wouldn't let Berlanti use Ted Kord on Arrow. But wouldn't he be too similar to how the Atom ended up?

ETA: I just checked and both the Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes versions of the Blue Beetle were in an episode of Smallville. Booster Gold as well.

Will Ronnie (Amell) be in this show? Think Ray will take Felicity with him to this show?

Not sure how I feel about constant spin-off after spin-off

I think it'd be unfair to call The Flash a spinoff that's kind of a misnomer. It's its own series that branched off from another. It's not like its replacing the other, they run analagous.

But still, I'm excited for the prospect of this project. I mean Captain Cold is on the Justice League right now in the comics so I can see them working him into a teamup

Yeah, I'm the same. It's good that they're doing well enough to consider this, but I do worry that they'll go one step too far and turn people off.

I think they should focus on making Arrow good again rather than worry about spin offs...

If Ray is leaving to have his own show he'd better not take Felicity with him.

What would it matter?

One way or another, we'd still get Felicity. If she had left for The Flash, I wouldn't have cared either.
I think they should focus on making Arrow good again rather than worry about spin offs...

What this guy said.

I'm sorry, but intermittent awesome moments breaking up the mindblowingly stupid, that has become the norm this season, isn't enough.

Season two was fucking awesome. Start to finish.

Season three? Iffy at best.

Maybe Lotz will play Power Girl?

Caity Lotz has very nice tits, but not that nice. :D

Also, Powergirl is a flying brick, so I hope it's not her, because it would be a waste of Caity's talent in fight choreography. Besides, the character is too similar to Supergirl and she's getting her own show at the same time.

They could always change Lotz's hair color and style to fit whatever character they have in mind.

Good point, it doesn't have to be a blonde. So, what female martial artists does DC have in their roster that won't be tied up with Arrow, The Flash or Gotham?

Or they could resurrect her with the Lazarus Pit (if one existed in the Arrowverse).

I'm only familiar with the Batman: The Animated Series version of the Pits. Do they have any sort of time limitation in the comics or can you just throw any months old corpse in them and have them work?

Captain Atom?

Unlikely with Ray Palmer already confirmed on the show.

Last edited:
Update: March 8, 2015

Possible Other Heroes Revealed for ARROW and FLASH Spinoff

Booster-Gold-Static-Shock-030815-Dragonlord.jpg

A casting call for The CW's forthcoming Arrow/The Flash spinoff series has emerged, and TVLine shared the three "mystery" heroes previously announced as part of the project. There's no word on the identity of these characters, but the site has put forward a few educated guesses based on the descriptions offered.

First, there's "The Traveler", and he's described as a "Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances." They theorize that this is Rip Hunter, a "Time Hunter" who only uses that as an alias to stop his enemies from travelling back in time and killing him as an infant. Could he be the one who brings back Sara Lance by picking her out of an earlier point in time? They also suggest that Booster Gold is possible, but that wouldn't make sense when it's been said that these new additions have never been seen in live-action before. Even so, "The Traveler" definitely sounds similar to Booster.

Second, "Female Warrior" is said to be a "twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior

So it looks like DC will be focusing more on TV rather then movies.

I'd watch the shit out of any live action show that featured Stack.

So it looks like DC will be focusing more on TV rather then movies.

Honestly, even though everyone loves to shit on them about their movie choices, they're kicking Marvel's ass in the tv department. If it wasn't for Agent Carter, I'd say DC is making a clean sweep. AoS is good at times, but can't hold a candle to Agent Carter.

When you tack on the upcoming Supergirl, Titans, and Krypton series to their already substantial line up, DC is simply owning Marvel with tv worse than Marvel is owning DC with movies.

Update: March 30, 2015

Ciara Renee Cast as Hawkgirl in FLASH/ARROW Spinoff Series

Ciara-Renee-Hawkgirl-Dragonlord.jpg

It has been a fast rise for young actress Ciara Ren

Back