DC's BLACK LIGHTNING (Premieres January 16, 2018; New Trailer Released)

Hahaha.. what the heck is that the fat dork power ranger suit. :D

Goes great with that red power ranger Flash from Justice League.

I think it looks ok. Not great but, I remember thinking The Flash's costume looked awful in stills, but then in the actual show it looked fine.

I am cautiously optimistic about this show. But I have liked all the CW ones so far (Supergirl aside, but that didn't start on CW, so, don't count that one.)

7c2c0701004f63240b7b37e1e6942cd1.jpg

I like the look more on Marvel's underused character, Cardiac.

Not too familiar with the character. Hopefully the suit translates better in motion.

I wish they used the traditional costume but whatever. I'm sure it's gonna be fine.

I guess it's alright, but I don't like the shoulder pieces or the glowing belly-button. Will wait to make a final judgement until we see it in motion.

Update: March 29, 2017

First Official Look at Cress Williams as BLACK LIGHTNING; Filming Has Begun

black-lightning-first-look-image-987366.jpg

With prodcution currently underway in Atlanta, The CW has released the first look at Hart of Dixie alum Cress Williams as Black Lightning, the latest DC Comics character to get his own TV series produced by Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash).

The costume for Black Lightning was designed by Laura Jean Shannon, whose many film and television credits include the upcoming Jumanji sequel, The Jungle Book, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Blade: Trinity, Good Girls Revolt and Iron Man, for which she was nominated for a Costume Designers Guild Award.

It incorporates elements of the classic comic book look, along with the leather-and-armor aesthetic common to The CW's DC Universe shows and high-tech elements that appear to be microcircuitry a la Batman Beyond.

First Look at The CW's Black Lightning As Filming Begins

Everything but the goggles looks fine. But the goggles look like crap.

I think the costume looks pretty good. Could have been worse. At least there's a costume unlike in, say, Iron Fist.

kick_106_unit_02998r.jpg

I think the costume looks pretty good. Could have been worse. At least there's a costume unlike in, say, Iron Fist.

kick_106_unit_02998r.jpg

What ? <{1-16}>

There is a costume in Iron Fist, the series is disguised as a good show.

But for realz that old movie footage has that old Iron Fist in some costume. :D

All right back to AoS for me season 3.. Jemma is so cute all deserted on the alien planet.. need to see what happens next there is this dick that has her in a improvised underground cage he better not touch Simmons.

There is a costume in Iron Fist, the series is disguised as a good show.

But for realz that old movie footage has that old Iron Fist in some costume. :D.
Here's a better look at that Iron Fist costume. Or as Kneepocalypse said, Iron Wrist.

Update: March 19, 2017

See IRON FIST Classic Comic Book Costume in Behind-the-Scenes Image

17333526_1881917318763990_4189860203497259008_n.jpg

All right back to AoS for me season 3.. Jemma is so cute all deserted on the alien planet.. need to see what happens next there is this dick that has her in a improvised underground cage he better not touch Simmons.
By season 3, Ward has become one of the best characters in AoS. He is just so good at being bad.

By season 3, Ward has become one of the best characters in AoS. He is just so good at being bad.

O yea much better bad guy then the good day routine he had at the start.

Let's see what his arc will look like I got a feeling this may be his last season or maybe the milk it for another season but someone has to get it or the stakes are to low.

Is that his dad?

Update: March 29, 2017

First Official Look at Cress Williams as BLACK LIGHTNING; Filming Has Begun

black-lightning-first-look-image-987366.jpg

With prodcution currently underway in Atlanta, The CW has released the first look at Hart of Dixie alum Cress Williams as Black Lightning, the latest DC Comics character to get his own TV series produced by Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash).

The costume for Black Lightning was designed by Laura Jean Shannon, whose many film and television credits include the upcoming Jumanji sequel, The Jungle Book, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Blade: Trinity, Good Girls Revolt and Iron Man, for which she was nominated for a Costume Designers Guild Award.

It incorporates elements of the classic comic book look, along with the leather-and-armor aesthetic common to The CW's DC Universe shows and high-tech elements that appear to be microcircuitry a la Batman Beyond.

First Look at The CW's Black Lightning As Filming Begins
IMG_1031.JPG

That looks kinda corny IMO. Way too busy, like the Daredevil costume, less would definitely have been more.

It's on The CW. I have little hope that it will watchable...

I will give it a go. I find that CW shows are usually fairly interesting in the 1st 2 seasons. It's after that when the same things keep happening and the romances become ridiculous that it gets tedious.

Maybe a bit OTT on the details but i like it.

are they really gonna keep it away from the arrowverse and supergirl; how ridiculous would that be, part of the strength of the shows is them having interaction. Esp if the show fails; having them interact w/other shows guarantees at least an opportunity to continue the characters run

Back