DC vs Rumble II or Jones vs Rumble - Which do YOU prefer

Which Fight Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
neither, i want DC vs Jones II for the real belt and because I want to see DC cry again

Jones vs Rumble just because we didn't see that fight yet. But I just know Jones will keep on poking his eyes, stay on the outside to land his bullshit kicks and win a pretty boring decision, a la OSP fight.

I want to see Rumble KTFO Jones badly but don't see it happening.

On the other hand DC always wants to get into the clinch and he might just run into uppercut from hell. But we all know he will actually take Rumble down and do what he did the first time they fought.

Prefer jones vs rumble but I think rumble should get a shot at the title

I think most would choose the fight they haven't seen yet. Glover and Rumble fought with the feeling that the winner would fight for the title. I'd hate to see them now force a Jones Rumble fight. Now if Rumble is fine with that then roll with it.

well-there-it-is.gif

Give me the rematch, can't argue Rumble hasn't earned it. If he wins we get the Jones title fight (fuck yes, please) and if he loses he'll fight Jones after Jon takes the belt back from DC.

DC is a bad match up stylistically for Rumble and has proven to have a strong chin in both the Rumble and Gus fight. I see the fight playing out like the first. DC weathering through the early storm and breaking Rumble in the latter rounds. If Rumble loses to DC twice, he would likely lose that " bad man" aura and that would make the Bones vs Rumble fight less exciting. I feel this is the right time. Hell, he would have to pass through DC again to get to Jones ( if Jones defeats DC and if DC doesn't retire) considering the fact that he lost to him twice.

So the best scenario would be hoping Rumble comes up on top incase they decide to stick with DC vs Rumble 2.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what DC does if they book Jones x Rumble?

Is he meant to just hang out with the belt? Pick a random low ranked fighter to sandbag? Clearly he needs to fight either Jones or Rumble next to fight an actual contender.

Also seems unfair to book Rumble this way - he essentially would have to beat the champion, to earn a title shot.

Rumble is on a 12 fight win streak outside his single loss to DC for the belt. Most of these have been spectacular knockouts. Currently he's on a 3 fight, 3 KO streak. Absolutely nobody lays waste to Glover in summary fashion. It seems punitive to keep him away from the title shot.

Jones vs Rumble provided rumble gets paid as much or more than he would for a title shot. It's the only fresh fight in the top 5.

I don't like seeing rematches so fast. DC's only title defenses so far are to Gus And Rumble...and though Rumble has earned his shot, I don't see anything different in his game. (Though he can definitely win) Part of the problem is that the LHW squad is so flimsy that there isn't much od a choice in the matter..
So id rather Jones . and Rumble fight first.

Kinda Both I like DC rumble 2 because Rumble has earned another shot at the title IMO .
but Jones v Rumble is a fight that intrigues me i think Rumble if he was on could possible beat Jones fair and square if he got an early KO .

Rumble vs Jones is the dream fight that we all want to see but first rumble must beat DC to prove that he's all the way legit. If he beats DC, I think his fight with Jones could be the biggest in the history of the division

for once i'm going with the rematch over the fresh matchup. contender 1 vs. 2 match ended with ko does not lead to a title match? and the champion is not otherwise engaged.. i think thats the match to make.

jones is a dirtbag cheater, don't care about him

DC vs Jones II, Rumble fights winner.
-If DC beats Jones -> DC vs Rumble and Jones vs Gus
-If Jones beats DC -> Jones vs Rumble and DC vs cake and popeyes than he fight for the HW strap

I think Jon needs a fight before coming back.
But not at the expense of AJ who is the obvious #1 contender and should get a title shot.

Well Jones IS the interim champion....so Rumble vs Jones sounds like a title shot right??

In a vacuum, Jones v Rumble.

In this universe, the fight that can be made. Which is DC v Rumble 2.

I voted Rumble vs Jones only because I have a strong feeling that Rumble would KO Jones. It's not really fair to Rumble though and if they made the DC rematch instead, I'd be cool with that too.

Back