DC vs Prime Machida

Lyoto would get destroyed.

But Lyoto before the Machida Era statement, could maybe KO DC.

DC has great wrestling but did anyone ever take Machida down when he was at his peak?

Daniel is heavier, stronger, a much better wrestler, he has a good chin, and though he’s not a world class striker he can hold his own with the best guys. It would be a good fight but I don’t see how Machida wins that.

Interesting matchup.

I don't see Cormier taking down Pre-Jones Lyoto.

And on the feet, DC would be obliterated.

I would give Machida the edge, probably a UD or late tko.

Machida will knock him out

The only person who could do that was a 6’4 black guy with a 84 inch reach, who comes from a family of NFL players, and who was on steroids. Even then he didn’t get a cold ko, he rocked DC and jumped on top and capitalized.

The only person who could do that was a 6’4 black guy with a 84 inch reach, who comes from a family of NFL players, and who was on steroids. Even then he didn’t get a cold ko, he rocked DC and jumped on top and capitalized.

Gus could be the next guy, but he is ducking Gus

Yeah but besides dc who has bones knocked out?

DC would be way too much for Machida. He'd beat him up in the clinch and on the ground. DC became an excellent pressure fighter at LHW and Machida never fought a guy like that. A guy who knows how to pressure (he pressured the fuck out of Gus and stuck to Jones). DC is dangerous in the pocket and knows how to jab, he isn't going to just walk into a counter. Machida has the chance to KO him with a kick but the odds are far from his favor because DC one of the toughest most elite wrestlers ever.

Phil Davis took Machida down multiple times and got some gnp. Dan Henderson took him down, Jones took him down. Machida had excellent TDD but this is DC.

great to see another fantastic thread starter plug two random names into the "Prime Thread Starter" generator. enough is enough.

Back