DC vs Brock might be a bet the house bet.

The greatest gambling investment of our lives was Conor vs Mayweather.

This is pretty damn close though.

A shitload of people are thinking Brock can win this. And as much as MMA is MMA, DC is going to steamroll Brock. I just can't see a way Brock can win without a lot of luck. And that makes this a pretty golden bet. I am thinking $100, but if the odds get stupid, I might up it to $1000.

I'm about to make back all the money I lost on Maymac for this one. DC Bless.

I tried to get a loan for 20k to put down on that fight. Didnt approve, had to settle for all my savings. Still good

I kinda want Brock to win, just for the shitstorm it will create.
But if Cain can whoop Brock, DC stands a better chance than anyone of replicating it.
Cain and DC are different on fundamental approaches and levels

DC is all about closing distance, getting a single collar tie, and dirty boxing in the clinch with his free hand

DC rarely even shoots a TD. Rarely even kicks. Rarely even throws combinations.

The only thing DC does with any kind of regularity is jab (and jab to close distance - in order to clinch up)

Cain is all about punch kick combinations. Cain puts on a much greater pace and output, throws combinations, will mix it up better in the striking.

Cain is much more likely to shoot and pursue takedowns.

Cain more prefers to work up against the fence where he loves to smoother opponents and dictate.

DC even has more bad habits to exploit and weaknesses then Cain does.

DC is jumpy to fients. Jumpy to the body. Always leans in and ducks to his right

A legit striker would eat DC alive for his habits

-jab left hook.

-Fient to draw out the slip from DC, then uppercut or knee as DC ducks into it

-Change up the speed of your jabs to disrupt his slips and time the 1-2

-Fient out the slip from DC, then time him as he comes back up from the slip, and meet him from his come up with a strike

Etc

Where as Cain's only glarring weakness was that in the past he would close distance irresponsibly and sometimes walk into some big timed shots from other strikers.

However If you watch the Travis Browne fight, Cain has finally gotten rid of that weakness and now covers distance responsibly behind jab work/fients/pre-emptive head movement etc

The only things DC and Cain have in common is their aggressive mindset, clinch work, and gameplanning similarities

Oh and both Cain and DC share one big weakness too. Both are susceptible to knees in the clinch.

DC almost got KOd in the clinch with knees by Gus. And Cain got wrecked by Werdum in the clinch with knees. Both Cain and DC are absolutely terrible at defending clinch knees from taller opponents etc

Cain and DC mostly have entirely different strengths.

Mostly different flaws

And it takes completely different tactics to beat Cain vs what it takes to beat DC

DC is a rightfully a huge favorite over Lesnar, but DC won't be able to beat Lesnar the same way Cain did.

Cain and DC are different. Everyone at AKA has said that Cain is the bigger better fighter over DC.

I imagine it's going to be a lot easier for Lesnar to take down DC then Cain...Because in MMA DC's mindset is focused much more on standing up and clinch fighting(dirty boxing)

Or maybe DC focuses on his wrestling more for Lesnar

Also Lesnar has an incredible reach. If Lesnar actually utilizes his jab and mixes it up with fients, he could actually cause some serious havoc on DC in the stand up. DC is the much shorter fighter and shorter armed fighter. DC's tendency to sit and jab would not work well for him getting into a jabbing contest with the much longer armed Lesnar.

People forget that Lesnar beat Mark hunt in the stand up with his jab alone.

Lesnar has great potential and he's learned a lot in a short amount of time

Who knows how much more Lesnar can still improve.

I honestly don't think Lesnar vs DC is the blowout everyone thinks it is.

And even if DC beats Lesnar, I don't think DC is going to beat Lesnar anywhere near as easily as Cain did

Last edited:
It'll probably be similar to the Mayweather McGregor odds which were ridiculous. Idiot's will probably bet on Brock near fight day and give a better payout for Cormier.

The only thing is DC is at that age where he can look old overnight

And who knows, brock may have gotten to the bottom of it and look unusually amazing in USADA

I almost put money on Floyd...was goin with tko in 6 to 8th round, and was tempted for the 10th.
Same with our Golden Knights. Odds were crazy for them to even reach playoffs, which i didn't bet on either, shit!!! i only was thinking winning the cup. Everyone thought i did when they were going to the cup. That would have been stupid money..

Did you see how Brock pushed DC, then how DC pushed Brock?

Size Matters

I love you DC

MMA wrestling is on an entirely different level than shoving someone who wasn't expecting it.

Brock is 40. Brock has done a 1000 WWE shows. They might be fake, but they still break your body down. Roids help to keep it all going.

But take the roids away from a 40 year old that has busted his body up for years...... Make him face a guy pretty close in size, that is a BETTER real wrestler, with far better striking, and a far better chin, and a far better sub game, a smarter fighter, and a guy with a game plan.

Sure Brock looks great, but DC dumped Josh on his head like he was a child. You really think DC couldn't dump Brock?
very true with wrestling, that shit does take a toll on your body.
I don't think DC needs to dump Brock. He needs to stuff any TD from Brock, and keep it standing for a KO.

Not a shitload of people think that Brock will win. Where did you get that idea. DC will probably be a huge favorite. Some lines are already out and he is -280

Brockroidz has a chance early with his first steroid vanilla gorilla rage-out.

After that = Done, son.

Brockroidz? How do you think of such clever, witty names?

What's next! Jonroidz? Andersonroidz? Chadroidz?

TS has had a nightmare here.

DC does win comfortably though.

Better payout might be that the fight gets USADA’d. Brock hasn’t competed clean since high school.

Back