DC - Stipe, Eyescratching.

PrideUltimate

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey come on guys.What was that eyescratching, the whole fight. Stipe had scars around his eyes after the fight. He didn't say DC cheated, but we all saw that.

What's wrong with this game. Jon Bones made career with eye poking and now DC is eye poking. I would be alot madder if that was some one else than DC who got cheated by Bones, but did Stipe deserve that eye scratching really? And if the superfight is full of eye scratching and every one just forgets it?

DC learned from the best.

I admit, it's kind of fucked up.

maxresdefault.jpg

UFC-226-Stipe-Miocic-Backstage-Interview_660412_OpenGraphImage.jpg

This really is not a problem of Stipe or DC. It's a system anomaly and something has to be done. The current ruleset actually encourages eyepokes and groin strikes so I'm not mad at all for DC or anyone else using them.

DC's just doing whatever he has to do to win. Other fighters do it too; Jake Shields nearly blinded GSP when he challenged him in a title bout.

This really is not a problem of Stipe or DC. It's a system anomaly and something has to be done. The current ruleset actually encourages eyepokes and groin strikes so I'm not mad at all for DC or anyone else using them.
Bellator/Pride gloves?

Thanks for implyfying that. Like I said on my post:
What's wrong with this game?

I'm more mad about the game than the two previous fighters, who both are guilty of eyepoking on that last fight. Fighters look like they been in catfight after the fight. Really!

What's wrong with this game?
Warnings. They were already warned in their lockerrooms. First violations need to be instant point deduction, second violation needs to be instant DQ.

That'll get rid of the problem right quick.

Not saying eye pokes were not a factor.

But much of that facial markup was a result of Teh jab.

It is clearly stated in the rules not to do it and a person can close their fucking hands. Just like a person can choose not to use peds. Cheating is cheating if you are knowingly breaking the rules then you are cheating.

DC won the fight but to say he wasn't breaking the rules is bullshit. Stipe reached for his face early on and looked toward the ref, DC lunged at him and tried to capitalize on the results of his foul that the ref did not react to. Cormier then proceeded to fish for the eyes until he drew a foul and Stipe was given time to recover, after which Cormier still had to be warned to keep his fucking hands closed.

They may not enforce the rules as much as they should or they may need to change the gloves or whatever but DC knew what he was doing and didn't give a shit. After that fight, I don't feel sorry for DC when he cries about losing to a cheater, especially when Stipe just took it like a man and did not cry a bit.

It is clearly stated in the rules not to do it and a person can close their fucking hands. Just like a person can choose not to use peds. Cheating is cheating if you are knowingly breaking the rules then you are cheating.

DC won the fight but to say he wasn't breaking the rules is bullshit. Stipe reached for his face early on and looked toward the ref, DC lunged at him and tried to capitalize on the results of his foul that the ref did not react to. Cormier then proceeded to fish for the eyes until he drew a foul and Stipe was given time to recover, after which Cormier still had to be warned to keep his fucking hands closed.

They may not enforce the rules as much as they should or they may need to change the gloves or whatever but DC knew what he was doing and didn't give a shit. After that fight, I don't feel sorry for DC when he cries about losing to a cheater, especially when Stipe just took it like a man and did not cry a bit.

I think it should be an immediate point deduction after every eyepoke or groin kick no matter if its accidental or not. That way every fighter will think twice about breaking the rules or not. This shit is happening in every card and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it might influence the outcome of the fight. Stipe was my man in this fight but I wasn't happy at all with how he dealt in this case. Not just the horrible gameplan to try outwrestle DC in the first minutes but being too friendly and shit. It's a fucking fight and you counter a dirty move with a more dirty move. Good that he is not making any excuses and takes the loss like a man. I'm sure he will be back stronger like he came after the Struve and JDS losses.

Yes, DC scratched Miocic's face with his fingernails.

DC's just doing whatever he has to do to win. Other fighters do it too; Jake Shields nearly blinded GSP when he challenged him in a title bout.

Then he doesn't have a leg to stand on when he is calling others out for doing shady shit.

Back