DC seemed somewhat surprised he won, whereas Conor acted as if it was expected

The point being though that DC has never starved himself in order to fight a smaller person. It's absurd for anyone to insinuate that Conor somehow is more confident than a guy who many estimate should be a MW fighting HWs.

Except he does at 205 lol he had to cheat to make weight and looks drawn as fuck. Conor never had to cheat or even need a second attempt to ever make 145. Using the eye test when he never missed , never needed a second attempt and never performed poorly at 145 is laughable. DC was gassed in the 3rd against Anderson, and has cheated to make weight

Why though? If you say Stipe doesn't manage distance very well then you have to agree that Eddie handled distance terribly against McGregor. And that was almost 2 years ago. Khabib and Tony have established themselves as bonified title contenders and that wasn't the case 2 years ago (Khabib was ranked 1 or 2 I think but couldn't get into the octagon with his health issues). And if we are discussing size.. While Eddie was stockier and more muscular he wasn't as tall or long as McGregor which is more important in boxing which is basically what that fight was - a boxing match. Stipe was bigger everywhere except for weight by 5 lbs. and has a much better boxing pedigree than most with his golden gloves competition and DC KOed him on the feet. That's the equivalent of Conor out wrestling Eddie and then subbing him IMO

Because getting on the inside is 100 times harder than fighting on the outside, not to mention Eddie was still outmatched there. Conor is just a much better boxer, with better footwork (much more important than length as DC showed) and that's not a knock on Eddie. Eddie is a more refined and athletic boxer than Stipe, and I agree Stipe is the best at HW. Wilder outside maybe Joshua is also the best boxer period at HW, but compare him to Canelo and it's night and day. Same rule for Stipe.

After watching the fight, it's clear DC was much faster than Stipe anyways, and a smarter boxer. That's not to say it wasn't impressive, but KOs, especially in the HW division can't EVER be compared to the difficulty of submitting someone, especially someone who is notoriously difficult to do so.

DCs a great fighter regardless of weight class, but like I said previously, he's fighting in divisions where Latifi, Blanch, Lewis, and Ngannou are among the best. He's 40 years old, and clearly not in the best shape he could be in, and people forget...is still fairly young in MMA terms. A lot of these "Achievements" show what he could've been under the right circumstances, but the reality is they havn't been the best of circumstances and that goes to show just how disturbing a goat debate with him included is.

Because getting on the inside is 100 times harder than fighting on the outside, not to mention Eddie was still outmatched there. Conor is just a much better boxer, with better footwork (much more important than length as DC showed) and that's not a knock on Eddie. Eddie is a more refined and athletic boxer than Stipe, and I agree Stipe is the best at HW. Wilder outside maybe Joshua is also the best boxer period at HW, but compare him to Canelo and it's night and day. Same rule for Stipe.

After watching the fight, it's clear DC was much faster than Stipe anyways, and a smarter boxer. That's not to say it wasn't impressive, but KOs, especially in the HW division can't EVER be compared to the difficulty of submitting someone, especially someone who is notoriously difficult to do so.

DCs a great fighter regardless of weight class, but like I said previously, he's fighting in divisions where Latifi, Blanch, Lewis, and Ngannou are among the best. He's 40 years old, and clearly not in the best shape he could be in, and people forget...is still fairly young in MMA terms. A lot of these "Achievements" show what he could've been under the right circumstances, but the reality is they havn't been the best of circumstances and that goes to show just how disturbing a goat debate with him included is.
I don’t understand this post. If fighting on the inside is 100x harder than on the outside that gives more credit to DC’s win and lessens the impact of McGregor since DC had to excel inside or he would lose, while McGregor mostly pieces up Eddie from distance. And honestly I don’t think it’s fair to compare divisions since DC moved straight up to a title shot, same as Conor, but Conor went 1-1 @ 170 to a LW and one of those losses are a finish. That’s way worse than the ONLY loss of DC’s career being to the consensus GOAT. IMO DC clearly belongs in the GOAT convo with jones, Silva (dopers) GSP, Fedor and Aldo.
Anyways it seems like neither of us will be able to convince the other... I respect your opinion... thanks for the good convo, it’s what I come on sherdog for. Respect.

aldo fight? Biggest light weight fight in history, scariest dude in UFC, acted like the result was expected
cause he is a pipsqueak fighting an even smaller pipsqueak. Winning in Heavier weight class > lighter weight categories
I claimed none of that. Explain why you have dubs if you're not a complete dumbass retard
why do you keep repeating yourself like tourette sydnrome fodder. maybe cause you are

Watching the post fight clips, DC and his team seem overly excited, almost in disbelief. Compared to Conor who acted like it was just another fight when he beat Aldo and Alvarez. I think this mentality is what separates Conor and even Jon Jones from guys like stipe and DC and others who don't quite have that 100% confidence/belief, every single fight.

I dont think DC will ever beat Jones if he comes back

Conor also seemed like he expected to lose to Nate in their first fight.

Also who the fuck is Jones? Isn't he that guy who used to fight but got busted for PED's a bunch of times?

Why though? If you say Stipe doesn't manage distance very well then you have to agree that Eddie handled distance terribly against McGregor. And that was almost 2 years ago. Khabib and Tony have established themselves as bonified title contenders and that wasn't the case 2 years ago (Khabib was ranked 1 or 2 I think but couldn't get into the octagon with his health issues). And if we are discussing size.. While Eddie was stockier and more muscular he wasn't as tall or long as McGregor which is more important in boxing which is basically what that fight was - a boxing match. Stipe was bigger everywhere except for weight by 5 lbs. and has a much better boxing pedigree than most with his golden gloves competition and DC KOed him on the feet. That's the equivalent of Conor out wrestling Eddie and then subbing him IMO
That would be correct if DC had out boxed stipe but he didn't. Stipe was landing alot while dc was coming forward like a mummy. DC had his # and knew he could pull a rabbit out of his hat if he got into the clinch. Yes he got a KO win but that's not the same as out boxing some one.

I don’t understand this post. If fighting on the inside is 100x harder than on the outside that gives more credit to DC’s win and lessens the impact of McGregor since DC had to excel inside or he would lose, while McGregor mostly pieces up Eddie from distance. And honestly I don’t think it’s fair to compare divisions since DC moved straight up to a title shot, same as Conor, but Conor went 1-1 @ 170 to a LW and one of those losses are a finish. That’s way worse than the ONLY loss of DC’s career being to the consensus GOAT. IMO DC clearly belongs in the GOAT convo with jones, Silva (dopers) GSP, Fedor and Aldo.
Anyways it seems like neither of us will be able to convince the other... I respect your opinion... thanks for the good convo, it’s what I come on sherdog for. Respect.

DC's great at working on the inside, so is Eddie though. Eddie completely failing, while DC pretty much dominated goes to show just how different the levels of competition are here.

DC deserves credit no doubt. Like I said it was impressive performance. Just not too much credit. DC has never gone up two weight classes, so that argument is moot. DC also faces less skilled competition. It's not really fair that the rest of his competition sucks, but the thing is he wouldn't have this much success in other divisions. Now you can make the argument if he started MMA when he was younger, he might have. He didn't though. He's 40 years old and demolishing guys, and while that may be impressive to some, anybody who realizes how absurd that is, will realize DC isn't really being challenged here, certainly not like fighters in lower divisions. It's why guys the big guys can't be in the GOAT discussion.

That would be correct if DC had out boxed stipe but he didn't. Stipe was landing alot while dc was coming forward like a mummy. DC had his # and knew he could pull a rabbit out of his hat if he got into the clinch. Yes he got a KO win but that's not the same as out boxing some one.
DC was out landing Stipe after he escaped the first take down, but I agree it wasn't quite the pure boxing match that Conor/Eddie was. Thanks for the comment, good point. Although I would say that boxing in the clinch is still boxing and that's what ended the fight for DC. Not trying to put you down just playing devils advocate. I agree that DC didn't exactly put on a master class like Conor did

Watching the post fight clips, DC and his team seem overly excited, almost in disbelief. Compared to Conor who acted like it was just another fight when he beat Aldo and Alvarez. I think this mentality is what separates Conor and even Jon Jones from guys like stipe and DC and others who don't quite have that 100% confidence/belief, every single fight.

<{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}>
More pathetic then the desperate Pokes fans trying to gloat on DCs glory is Connie fans making useless comparisons in a last attempt to keep their hero relevant in the forums.

DC
<DC-Champ><DC-Champ>
A real Defending Cham Champ
Connie ?
8F039CA8-3A6C-4650-99B6-D6132863135C.jpeg

Well images tell more then words.

Last edited:
I've never started a thread for fear that it would be as bad as this one.

Alvarez looses his debut to Cowboy who beat the ever loving brakes off him. He then gets awarded a title shot based on winning two controversial decisions. He went into his fight against Conor with zero title defenses.

Stipe was on a 6 fight streak, 5 of them being KO's and 3 of those being title defenses.

What are we even talking about here?

Eddie's KO of RDA is far greater than anything Stipe has done.

Beating the greatest UFC HW ever > beating Eddie Alverez
<5>

Eddie's KO of RDA is far greater than anything Stipe has done.

Stipe's run is far more impressive within the context of his own division.

Eddie lost badly in his debut to Cerrone who almost as a rule doesn't beat elite fighters. He then got his face knocked half off by Melendez but soldiered through to a controversial decision. Then a highly controversial decision with Pettis.

Stipe for his part put 6 in a row together and KO'd 5 of them, including Werdum which meant a lot.

Now keep in mind, lightweight is absurdly more talent rich and difficult than heavyweight, where we are shuffling around the old farts of yesteryear. The overall skill, athleticism and depth is far greater at 155.

But the entire point is about state of mind. TS is saying DC was surprised - he should have been. He's one fight removed from being beaten to sleep by Jon Jones, and as far as heavyweights go, Stipe was a formidable opponent.

It's funny because literally no one was saying Eddie was better than Stipe until Cormier knocked Stipe out.

It wasn’t the reaction when he tapped quicker than holly Holmes. Or when he got walked down by 40 yr old Floyd head first getting swatted

Beating the greatest UFC HW ever > beating Eddie Alverez
<5>
Why does everyone keep glossing over aldo? Aldo is greater win than Stipe comparable to DC beating Jones, which will never happen

DC olympic medalist 21-1 with 1 loss to a known steroid abuser
Conor 21-3 choked out multiple times never defended a belt. Used to collect welfare.

Not even a comparison if you ask me.

DC got beaten up twice by Jon, he should have 2 losses. He also had a very suspect T:E ratio result one time in the past IIRC. Doesn't mean Conor's better than him, just that it's a bit unfair to Jon.

i think DC didnt think it will go that way. he was expecting more battle and maybe a decision

Back