DC seemed somewhat surprised he won, whereas Conor acted as if it was expected

<{Heymansnicker}>

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif
Exactly. Been sick of these types of threads all week. Conor fanboys trying to turn DC's moment into some sort of passive aggressive one up for him.

Fair enough. I certainly wasn’t discrediting Conor’s win just pointing out he seemed to think Eddie didn’t have the physical advantages needed to beat him. But that could just go back to the start of this thread and tell us more about McGregor’s mentality instead of what he actually thinks. Stipe was significntly bigger than DC tho in every physical factor other than weight... and obviously the more skilled man won in both of the fights we are taking about

Yeah, but like I said Stipe doesn't really use his length well. His footwork isn't the greatest (which is more important) and he fights on the inside instead of the outside.
Conor was fighting a transitional champion who fluked his way to the belt whereas DC was fighting the no.1 guy in the divisions history

Beating 3 top 3 guys doesn't equal fluke, sorry!

Watching the post fight clips, DC and his team seem overly excited, almost in disbelief. Compared to Conor who acted like it was just another fight when he beat Aldo and Alvarez. I think this mentality is what separates Conor and even Jon Jones from guys like stipe and DC and others who don't quite have that 100% confidence/belief, every single fight.

I dont think DC will ever beat Jones if he comes back

DC overcome with genuine joy.

Conor is a depraved individual, with a adulturous spoiled heart, but even he knew that it was a sham money grabbing event against a buster douglas, and not a true martial arts achievement of real merit.

That's how you get Ronda's and Conor's. Overconfident, cocky and delusional.

Guys that have a brain like DC know that anything can happen. You think you are going to win but you also recognize the uncertainties and risks.

Exactly. Been sick of these types of threads all week. Conor fanboys trying to turn DC's moment into some sort of passive aggressive one up for him.

Juicehead nut-huggers as well.

The tears have been flowing like the mighty Mississippi.

Same with Jones fanboys making all these insecure butthurt threads. First concurrent LHW and HW champ in ufc history. It's an enormous accomplishment.

Let the man have his moment, damn.

<DC-Champ>

Connors 2nd title win was a complete domination and perfect performance. DC walked forward taking blows like a mummy until he pulled a rabbit out of his hat. It's hard to compare those two fights.
Also, Conor beat his Jon Jones in Aldo, while D.C. did not. I love D.C. but he still lost definitively to Jones x 2 and those were his only mega fights. Every time Conor fights it is a mega fight, and he has beat every opponent in the UFC. If DC can beat Jones, and Jones can pass a drug test, then it will be different, but that is a big asterisk.

Same with Jones fanboys making all these insecure butthurt threads. First concurrent LHW and HW champ in ufc history. It's an enormous accomplishment.

Let the man have his moment, damn.

<DC-Champ>
Yep, somehow using it as a justification to solidify that he's "the goat". Win some big fights clean, then maybe we can talk.

Also, Conor beat his Jon Jones in Aldo, while D.C. did not. I love D.C. but he still lost definitively to Jones x 2 and those were his only mega fights. Every time Conor fights it is a mega fight, and he has beat every opponent in the UFC. If DC can beat Jones, and Jones can pass a drug test, then it will be different, but that is a big asterisk.

18buy3.jpg

Yep, somehow using it as a justification to solidify that he's "the goat". Win some big fights clean, then maybe we can talk.
Jones fans think punching and kicking someone in the head is the one circumstance in sports where peds are ok.

<mma1>

Regardless of what the perception is, near a million people bought that PPV, and if you ask them who won, they are not saying it was a nc. Public perception is he lost and that is what sucks about Jon dosing contaminated testosterone and messing the finality of the rivalry up. I agree the fight would have been different with sober Jones, but this emoji is already immortal and the damage has been done <DCrying>

Last edited:
Yeah, but like I said Stipe doesn't really use his length well. His footwork isn't the greatest (which is more important) and he fights on the inside instead of the outside.
Seems like we are both on the same page, we just differ on who is more skilled between Stipe & Eddie
I think we can agree that both were extremely impressive, legacy defining wins

Regardless of what the perception is, near a million people bought that PPV, and if you ask them who won, they are not saying it was a nc. Public perception is he lost and that is what sucks about Jon dosing contaminated testosterone and messing the finality of the rivalry up. I agree the fight would have been different with sober Jones, but this emoji is Jim immortal and the damage has been done <DCrying>
it's an outright FACT that he has ONE WIN. And, for the millionth time, ONE NO CONTEST. Because he didn't have the balls to fight him clean. It's not a win. It's not seen as a win. It will never be a win. It's a badge of shame. Ask long time fans about Barnett's "win" over Couture. Most people still remember he popped right after that fight and got stripped.

Seems like we are both on the same page, we just differ on who is more skilled between Stipe & Eddie
I think we can agree that both were extremely impressive, legacy defining wins

LW division is a much more difficult division than HW. I wasn't even discussing who was more skilled - just the size of the two buys, but the answer for me will always be Eddie by a good bit.

Beating 3 top 3 guys doesn't equal fluke, sorry!

he was 2-1 in the ufc before the title shot, both wins split decisions which arguably could have gone to the other guy. he didnt deserve a title shot, they only gave it him and threw it on a throwaway card to punish rda for pulling out of 202. and even ur man admitted eddie was lucky to be in the position he was in. this is about being honest of the situation.

Good thing they are called WEIGHT classes and not height classes
The point being though that DC has never starved himself in order to fight a smaller person. It's absurd for anyone to insinuate that Conor somehow is more confident than a guy who many estimate should be a MW fighting HWs.

LW division is a much more difficult division than HW. I wasn't even discussing who was more skilled - just the size of the two buys, but the answer for me will always be Eddie by a good bit.
Why though? If you say Stipe doesn't manage distance very well then you have to agree that Eddie handled distance terribly against McGregor. And that was almost 2 years ago. Khabib and Tony have established themselves as bonified title contenders and that wasn't the case 2 years ago (Khabib was ranked 1 or 2 I think but couldn't get into the octagon with his health issues). And if we are discussing size.. While Eddie was stockier and more muscular he wasn't as tall or long as McGregor which is more important in boxing which is basically what that fight was - a boxing match. Stipe was bigger everywhere except for weight by 5 lbs. and has a much better boxing pedigree than most with his golden gloves competition and DC KOed him on the feet. That's the equivalent of Conor out wrestling Eddie and then subbing him IMO

Back