DC seemed somewhat surprised he won, whereas Conor acted as if it was expected

Conor was fighting a transitional champion who fluked his way to the belt whereas DC was fighting the no.1 guy in the divisions history

Im not sure what DC has to do with anything. But but DC?

Conor took advantage of the rules and used extreme non sustainable weight cuts to get an advantage. Thats just reality
Because DC did the same thing and had more trouble making 205 to fight smaller men

Even Conor discredited his own win. Didn't he say post fight something to the effect of "you gotta have size, reach, attributes" in which he was implying Eddie had none of those. While Stipe had every physical advantage over DC. Both were incredible wins, but edge to DC

Obviously Conor is miles ahead of DC.

Watching the post fight clips, DC and his team seem overly excited, almost in disbelief. Compared to Conor who acted like it was just another fight when he beat Aldo and Alvarez. I think this mentality is what separates Conor and even Jon Jones from guys like stipe and DC and others who don't quite have that 100% confidence/belief, every single fight.

I dont think DC will ever beat Jones if he comes back

You could tell DC was panicking in that fight. Probably why he resorted to eye pokes.

Even Conor discredited his own win. Didn't he say post fight something to the effect of "you gotta have size, reach, attributes" in which he was implying Eddie had none of those. While Stipe had every physical advantage over DC. Both were incredible wins, but edge to DC

I wouldn't say that's discrediting his win at all. He's just pointing out the obvious of that you have to be significantly bigger than him to mitigate his skill advantage. Eddie's actually bigger, he's just not significantly bigger and is not longer.

I wouldn't say Stipe had a huge size advantage over Stipe at all either. They're about the same size, it's just Stipe is much longer. However, Stipe doesn't properly use his length so it's pretty much pointless.

DC olympic medalist 21-1 with 1 loss to a known steroid abuser
Conor 21-3 choked out multiple times never defended a belt. Used to collect welfare.

Not even a comparison if you ask me.

You're overweight.

I wouldn't say that's discrediting his win at all. He's just pointing out the obvious of that you have to be significantly bigger than him to mitigate his skill advantage. Eddie's actually bigger, he's just not significantly bigger and is not longer.

I wouldn't say Stipe had a huge size advantage over Stipe at all either. They're about the same size, it's just Stipe is much longer. However, Stipe doesn't properly use his length so it's pretty much pointless.
Fair enough. I certainly wasn’t discrediting Conor’s win just pointing out he seemed to think Eddie didn’t have the physical advantages needed to beat him. But that could just go back to the start of this thread and tell us more about McGregor’s mentality instead of what he actually thinks. Stipe was significntly bigger than DC tho in every physical factor other than weight... and obviously the more skilled man won in both of the fights we are taking about

Apparently everyone is supposed to act the same when they win. Of course dc expected to win.. And got emotional because he was first to hold hw and lhw at same time. Some people never get suoer emotional.. Look at fedor. . Win or lose he always is calm and respectful.

m96jjd.jpg

Read the last line. DC loses to Jones 20/20 times due to mental game. Jones will return eventually and will be 3-0 against DC

DC Is going to be 40 years old. The Lesnar fight most likely will be his last fight and his legacy will be intact win or loose.

Fun fact, DC is a whole one inch taller than McGregor but fights guys about 100 pounds heavier. How's that for confidence?

hw is so trash a pro wrestler won the title after 4 fights

lw need to win 10-15 fights in a row at lw just to be ranked in the top 10

you guys really do not understand how quality of competition works, there isnt enough humans big enough to fight at hw or lhw, and all the big guys play hocked, basket and football,

alvarez>stipe
A lot of guys could potentially be champ if they got to skip fighting any contenders like Brock did. Or like Conor did, for that matter. I'd never claim HW is a deeper division than LW, but the HW champ has always been seen as the greatest champ. And my main point was Stipe was the greatest hw champ in ufc history, while Alvarez had just won the title. The intention wasn't to hate on Alvarez, I'm a fan. I wanted Alvarez in the ufc for a long time.

<23>

In fact, I'd venture they're exactly the same size.

Fun fact, DC is a whole one inch taller than McGregor but fights guys about 100 pounds heavier. How's that for confidence?
Good thing they are called WEIGHT classes and not height classes

Lets settle it. Have the 2 double champs fight to settle who's best then.

Conor was the favorite to win.

Back