DC seemed somewhat surprised he won, whereas Conor acted as if it was expected

You're right he doesn't suck on the ground....

Yeah Nate Diaz is such a bum on the ground. Can't believe Conor got tapped by Cesar Gracie Black Belt.

Dana should have cut him for that.

Conor has a bigger frame than both Aldo and Eddie. Conor is a 155lber who killed himself for a size advantage.
DC almost died cutting weight for the Olympics and had to cheat to make 205 because he had no energy left to cut. Conor never had even needed a second chance

Wrong, watch the Aldo aftermath, Conor was shocked himself and apologized to Aldo, knew he got lucky in winning that fast against someone 10yrs undefeated. He said he wished it went longer for the fans too, nothing about that was expected to Conor.

Eddie weighs 190lbs. Conor can barely make 170.

Eddie is 190 now? He gets bigger with every post.

Conor is not 168lbs dude. You think a guy whos 168lbs after gorging on steak for weeks would have any trouble at all making 145?

If that was really true, and he was 168 after bulking, that would make him about 160-165 normally.

You think a guy who has to cut 15-20lbs to make 145 would look that emaciated during weigh ins? Its physically impossible.

Hes cutting at least 30lbs if not more during camp / weight cut

DC is old and moved into a division where anyone can get KO'd anytime regardless of skill level. I'd be surprised if I were him too. Either way he proved he is in the GOAT conversation and absolutely deserved the shot he was given.

You have no idea who Eddie Alvarez is.
I've followed his career all the way back to the dream lw gp. Don't assume. He hadn't even gotten a single title defense yet. Beating the ufc hw goat is objectively a better win.

I think this mentality is what separates Conor and even Jon Jones from guys like stipe and DC and others who don't quite have that 100% confidence/belief, every single fight.

Good observation and I agree. I had the same thought exactly about Conor and Cormier and I have that thought anytime a guy gets over celebratory.
It's like the celebration and joy is somewhat inversely proportional to how confident you were in actually winning. Not always true but it means something in some cases for sure.

DC almost died cutting weight for the Olympics and had to cheat to make 205 because he had no energy left to cut. Conor never had even needed a second chance

Im not sure what DC has to do with anything. But but DC?

Conor took advantage of the rules and used extreme non sustainable weight cuts to get an advantage. Thats just reality

When Brock Lesnar won the NCAA championship at heavyweight, DC placed 9th or worse in 187 or 197 pounds.

Lesnar IS a better wrestler than DC, not in pound for pound sense. DC was an olympian, not olympic medalist. Lesnar didn't try out for Olympics.
<{outtahere}>

Eddie is 190 now? He gets bigger with every post.

Conor is not 168lbs dude. You think a guy whos 168lbs after gorging on steak for weeks would have any trouble at all making 145?

If that was really true, and he was 168 after bulking, that would make him about 160-165 normally.

You think a guy who has to cut 15-20lbs to make 145 would look that emaciated during weigh ins? Its physically impossible.

Hes cutting at least 30lbs if not more during camp / weight cut

Listen to any Alvarez nterview. He always says he walks around at 190lbs. He has a much thicker frame than Conor. His back is like twice the size.

Conor walks around at 175 max. In shape during camp he would be under 170. He's not that big. Max and Ortega cut as much if not more. He just looks terrible at the weigh ins because his face gets more gaunt than others.

Listen to any Alvarez nterview. He always says he walks around at 190lbs. He has a much thicker frame than Conor. His back is like twice the size.

Conor walks around at 175 max. In shape during camp he would be under 170. He's not that big. Max and Ortega cut as much if not more. He just looks terrible at the weigh ins because his face gets more gaunt than others.

No. You cant look that gaunt and emaciated only cutting 15-20lbs which is nothing. Hes at least 180. Im much smaller than Conor and Im 165.

Who remember Bones saying how he had to get wasted days out before a fight, so if he ever lost, he would tell himself it was because he was out getting smashed when he should have been training.

Conor gotta get some title defences to his name to ever be mentioned in the same breath as DC.

Read the last line. DC loses to Jones 20/20 times due to mental game. Jones will return eventually and will be 3-0 against DC

It has nothing to do with "the mental game." Jon Jones is a better fighter and poor match up for DC.

You do what you want with the fact that DC celebrated and Conor didn't, but it's all wild speculation on your part.

Back