DC says Jones is stronger than any heavyweights he's ever face

I was a little surprised to hear this but he hasn't really fought a powerhouse. Bigfoot is huge, but he doesn't strike me as overly strong. Barnett is a very good grappler, but again, he doesn't seem overly strong. I'd be curious if DC felt Jones was stronger than Cain. I'd tend to doubt it.

Thread is full of stupid misinformation.

The reason Jones can make LHW is because of his legs. He has a strong top half

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

I doubt he is physically stronger in the weight lifting sense. Big Foot isn't the most muscular guy but he is +285lbs he is bigger than Brock on the juiiice. Barnett doesn't look like he lifts much but Mir and Monson are strong guys. A guy like Big Foot (big foot lifts) is most likely going to put up higher numbers than Jon Jones does especially when we consider the weight advantage of Big Foot.

However, his leverage and grappling ability and as someone said 'wrist' control can certainly be better.
Not to mention there is a difference between functional strength and weight lifting strength.

I doubt he is physically stronger in the weight lifting sense. Big Foot isn't the most muscular guy but he is +285lbs he is bigger than Brock on the juiiice. Barnett doesn't look like he lifts much but Mir and Monson are strong guys. A guy like Big Foot (big foot lifts) is most likely going to put up higher numbers than Jon Jones does especially when we consider the weight advantage of Big Foot.

However, his leverage and grappling ability and as someone said 'wrist' control can certainly be better.

Jones is a big lifter also. 500+ squat, 600+ deadlift, the guys a beast.

Listen guys, you would have great grip strength if you was on the "Dick Pillz" just imagine the frustration you would have tugging on the poor fella and it just not working.......it must have been a pretty good work out before he got on the "Dick Pillz"........

Jones is just better at using his leverage and length way better, it's hard for DC to get under his hips with those long legs. But considering Jones powerlifting numbers...I wouldn't put it past him to be stronger than guys like Soa Palalei, Bigfoot, Big Country, Mir etc

This!

DC has never said anything bad about Jones' abilities in the octagon and has only praised them. Not surprising that he would say this.

Back