DC said Rumble hit harder than Miocic

Idk why people are questioning this. Rumble has sick death touch power

Stipe was/is overrated.

His most notable win was beating a guy who's been training for 4 years and took a 2 week vacation to France at the end of his training camp.

<36>

giphy.gif

<36>

You are the only person I have ever heard claim that Ngannou is Stipes most notable win, and then you used that as a means to bash Stipe, how funny.

Werdum is probably Stipes best win, that guy was on a tear and the champ, dangerous in every area. Ngannou was hyped up from 2 fights where he KO'd two guys that have been KO'd 15+ times each, where as Werdum literally has an entire wrapsheet of wins and KO's and submissions on BIG NAMES.. and Werdum was the champ when Stipe beat him, where as Ngannou beat 2 past their prime chinny dudes.

Well, look at how they (Stipe and AJ). Stipe is more technical and prefers to just throw punches correctly and try to be accurate. He doesn’t wind up like Rumble. Rumble often takes a wide stance and fires everything he has. Stipe doesn’t do this. If he did, it would seem like he hits a lot harder but, he relies on proper technique and accuracy.

Stipe isn’t trying to hit you as hard as he can. He doesn’t really throw bombs at his opponents, he looks to land in the right spot. It truly doesn’t take a lot to KO someone. Some can take a shot better and there’s reasons for that, but for most it only takes a certain amount of force. Land in the right spot and you can put anybody down.

Look at Anderson Silva. He didn’t wind up, he preferred to rely on accuracy and proper technique, and he put people down so easily with some shots that didn’t even look like that much (also his opponent running into his fists makes a difference). Stipe and AJ throw their shots in totally different ways. If Stipe decided to crouch and throw everything he has like AJ often does, it’d seem like he hits much harder.

Stipe was/is overrated.

His most notable win was beating a guy who's been training for 4 years and took a 2 week vacation to France at the end of his training camp.

<36>

giphy.gif

<36>

Another excuse maker. Fuck off, idiot.

Haymakers (what Rumble hit him with) tend to have more power than jabs (what Stipe hit him with) so it doesn't really prove much. If Stipe landed nothing and I landed something I'd "hit harder" than Stipe.

Funny afterthought, but Rumble doesn't jab much. Helps your perception on power (and does the opposite to your gas tank) when everything you throw is the kitchen sink.

I think the thing were all forgetting here is he would know better than any of you despite all your theories.

lol they get 1 roll of gauze per hand and they cant have any tape on the knuckles.
a ufc or commisiom offical also watches each fighters hands get wraped.

boxing yes they do weird shit and maybe local shows that cant afford to check their fighters hands... but not in the ufc.
Yup, they literally sign the wrap after inspection.

What was it Stipe said after the Werdum KO? That he has power but doesn't throw hard all the time, he just throws shots and that was a good shot. It's possible that DC's right and Rumble hits harder, but it's also possible that he didn't get to feel a maximum Miocic punch.

A fast clean shot that hits you in the face probably stings more than a slow punch that you see coming and partially block or evade.

Speed and accuracy > power

The speed of DC surprised everyone. Every analyst before the fight did talk about cormier’s dirty boxing but, as apparent as it seems now, nobody calculated how much faster cormier’s hands would look compared to Stipe. It looked like Stipe’s movements were a second behind.

I think he underestimate weighing in at 245 pounds and 205 pounds before fight takes place helping him better take shots though.

Rumble couldn't finish Arlovski out of all people at heavyweight. I don't think it's out of realm of possibility that somehow Rumble hits harder than Stipe, but I don't necessarily think it's true.
this is the right answer.

[<diva2]

He starched Werdum in ONE round after he choked out Valesquez (who beats up DC regularly).

LOL overrated.
beating up dc in training is not equal to beating up dc in a real fight. anyone who actually has some experience in fighting will tell you the same. lot of guys dont go hard in sparring but they always fight well when it matters.

To be fair, I don't recall Stipe throwing or connecting on many full powered punches. Rumble on the other hand, almost always swings for fences.

Yeah, well Stipe didn't hit him like this...

johnson-kd-cormier.gif

DC is the man just for getting up from that punch. All hail DC!

I’m not claiming to know more than the man that has fought both but I will offer my take.

Rumble puts everything into every shot and I do not recall stipe even throwing a serous power shot in this fight. He was pot shotting him.

Let stipe throw a couple as hard as he can before you make that claim

Back