DC Refuses to Give Jones a Platform to Speak in GOAT Debate: "He's a Nobody"

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/...latform-to-speak-in-goat-debate-hes-a-nobody/
Cliffs:
-Says he is 39 years old and still getting his hand raised, deserves to be in GOAT talk.
-Says Jones is a nobody who has been suspended again and his issues are tied to performance inhancers. Says you wouldn't praise a poker player who got caught with cards up his sleeve.
-Says his steroid abuse doesn't give him a platform to speak. It's like glorifying Lance Armstrong.
-Says that Jones' career has been on a downswing since USADA came in and he was probably using in their first fight since his test results were all messed up in December of 2013.
- Has let go of all the baggage with Jones and is now completely focused on Miocic. Believes a win over Stipe will cement his legacy.

cormier-money.jpg

And people wonder why Cormier gets booed and shit.

Cormier is such a self-righteous bullshitter. Right Cormier, like you didn't stand on a scale and FUCKING CHEAT to make weight?!

He's no better than anybody else in MMA...but he'll tell you he is lol

This thread is as toxic as the real beef.

Cormier is such a self-righteous bullshitter. Right Cormier, like you didn't stand on a scale and FUCKING CHEAT to make weight?!

Why is this a thing, seriously? Yeah OK, DC cheated. Now as a human being let me ask you. I hope you humor me. Let's say you have a brother, he's the best in the world in his division. You love this kid, you wish the best for him always. He's a little undisciplined for one of his fights, and he comes in 1/5th of a pound over weight to defend his title. He wins, and you guys celebrate.

His very next fight is against the greatest rival of his entire career. This man has gotten personal, and talked bad on yourself and your family. This man defeats your brother, humiliates him on national TV. This man then fails a drug test for steroids, which you know very well increase performance physically and mentally (split second decision marking).

All is right in the world again. Your brother regains his title and goes on to defend it again, this time making weight. In this hypothetical situation, who made the worse decision? Who was in a position to hurt who worse? Who changed the natural course of the sport more with their decision making? You're well aware your brother missed weight that one fight. Go.

Last edited:
How can people defend Jon Jones? I see a lot of talk. He is one of the worst ambassabors of the sport. He may be up there, outside of the straight up murderers and rapists that this sport has produced, one of the worst cheaters of all-time, right there with Josh Barnett and the old school roiders, except, he is new school.

I don't understand how Jones has the audacity to get salty about such a comment, you got caught cheating twice, deliberate or not you should learn your place.

Damn. Called out that broke dick cheat, eh?

Should call him out for being a scumbag criminal while he's at it.

<mma1><mma1><mma1>

I understand that DC is really upset that he took months, if not years out of his life preparing specifically for a Jon Jones fight just to get beaten twice (admittedly by a roider) and to cry on TV. That doesn't rewrite history though.

Thing is that people on this forum only really give a fuck about doping because it's something that's intensively tested for now. If there were no governing bodies regarding this sort of thing, nobody would care. Nobody did 12 years ago. Otherwise the whole "level playing field" idea would be completely moot. If they took testing away tomorrow, all that would be left is speculation and hardly anybody would bother.

He's not wrong. And anyone that defends Jones is simultaneously pathetic and hilarious.

I agree. Other athletes are tossed out of the equation when PED's are linked to their careers, yet Jon is somehow immune and MMA fans continue to slurp the Kool Aid eventhough it's clear he's cheating. UFC fans are pretty brain dead, that's why you have Mackenzie Dern showing up to the fight 30lbs overweight and goes up the ranks after defeating her opponent who she's like 3 weight classes above. It's a fucking joke.

Other sports taken a strict approach with PED's but not UFC. They put you in detention but when you come back you still have your spot. Look at other sports, you get popped for juice, you get shitted on by the league. MLB doesn't even respect Barry Bonds and he has the record for most HR's in a season and entire career which are like the greatest accomplishments in pro baseball. MLB didn't even put him in the hall of fame even though he's been eligible for like 9 years now. Other HOF quality players have also been snubbed like Sosa, Palmeiro, the Mark, and Canseco.

Love DC, but the Lance example is terrible. Anyone in the top twelve (maybe more) of that race is on something. Lance was the scape goat.

I agree though, Jon needs to stfu. He got caught. I don't care what you guys say, the man got caught, twice. The Kawa Brothers are the shadyiest dudes in the biz. They can make just about anything disappear, or find a loophole for any situation their fighters get themselves into.

Jon Jones doesn't have a leg to stand on, and his inability (or outright refusal) to acknowledge this should show you just how little he cares about his reputation (and how little he thinks of his fans intelligence).
As far as I'm concerned this is not our GOAT. Just another great fun fighter, similar to TRTor.
I believe they said you would have to look behind the top 40 to find a clean rider in the Tour de France and that’s being generous.

I agree. Other athletes are tossed out of the equation when PED's are linked to their careers, yet Jon is somehow immune and MMA fans continue to slurp the Kool Aid eventhough it's clear he's cheating. UFC fans are pretty brain dead, that's why you have Mackenzie Dern showing up to the fight 30lbs overweight and goes up the ranks after defeating her opponent who she's like 3 weight classes above. It's a fucking joke.

Other sports taken a strict approach with PED's but not UFC. They put you in detention but when you come back you still have your spot. Look at other sports, you get popped for juice, you get shitted on by the league. MLB doesn't even respect Barry Bonds and he has the record for most HR's in a season and entire career which are like the greatest accomplishments in pro baseball. MLB didn't even put him in the hall of fame even though he's been eligible for like 9 years now. Other HOF quality players have also been snubbed like Sosa, Palmeiro, the Mark, and Canseco.
So true. I don't quite understand the love for the guy. I mean sure, he's obviously very talented, but those PEDs pushed him further than he'd ever go naturally.

Instead of admitting he cheated and that he should have to take his punishment, people just go full cognitive dissonance and say "oh but everyone else is cheating". Try that the next time you get pulled over for speeding. "Hey officer, everyone else was speeding too! So let me go!"

Yup, just when you start to think he's the good guy in this feud, he pulls classless stuff like this.

I mean, he's definitely not the GOAT because he got whooped twice by the same guy. But "in the GOAT conversation"? If we're talking about like the top 15 fighters ever for sure he deserves to be in there. He'd probably be pretty high on that list, but he'd never be higher than Jones.

The UFC desperately and I mean desperately needs a new champion at light heavyweight. The baggage that he will forever Carry when it comes to Jones is never going away. 10 years from now when he sits down to discuss his career if they ask him 12 questions 7 of them might be about Jones. The division needs a new face and a new champion.
Your mom needs a new champion

The mods should ban anyone who is making fun of DC for stating the obvious! Hey Mods, why are you letting fighter bashing go by without consequences? DC told the truth and being mocked on your site by unethical posters for it, WTF?

Back