DC posts picture of his 8 belts

DC is a real legend of the sport, and history will remember him as superior to Jon Jones.

Let's not forget that DC avoided his natural division (heavyweight) so he wouldn't have to fight his friend, Cain Velasquez. DC arguably could have won the UFC HW belt much earlier were it not for Cain, and he could have defended it 5-10 times. Who knows how good DC's title defense run could have been at heavyweight.

Also DC started his MMA career extremely late. How good could DC have been if he'd started his MMA career at 25?

Jones, in contrast, has failed 2 PED tests under USADA, and essentially forced the UFC to adopt a deplorable rule that PED violations won't even be reported anymore. Jon Jones will be remember as nothing more than a steroid cheat.
I like that DC started at 30. He was mature and knew he had a time limit which pushed him the thrive for greatness and made him a even better "go getter". I'm thankful I was able to watch DC compete. The man is a role model. He's everything you look for in a competitor.

Well, Jones couldn’t stay clean and needed an edge so that’s a win for DC in my book.

I thought everyone was on the gear? Just like anything in life it’s all about who you know. I’ve heard of people with Olympic connections that don’t get caught. There is such a thing as a state funded PED. So at the end of the day everyone is looking for that edge.

He had an amazing career but we all know who #1 is

GSGsMmC.gif
That’s insane it’s like a man knocking out a child. Must be the angle.

I liked him until he started talking all the time, then he just comes off as annoying to me.

Because I’m sick of Jones nuthuggers bringing up how he beat DC twice. It’s a constant thing and the dumb fuck had to have an edge to beat him.

Regardless if DC said those things or not, he was robbed against Jones for being a fucking twat in their fights. We as fans know it and DC is just too humble to say otherwise.

DC said he doesn't even see the point of fighting Jones again because even if he wins, he still lost the rivalry because he would be down 1-2. He clearly legit see's Jones as having beat him twice. Hell he even said he can't be GOAT because he never beat Jones. Fuck off with that too humble to say otherwise bullshit. DC will go at Jones for anything. We have seen it countless times. Dick not working jokes, calling him a junkie etc... But you think he is too humble to say Jones doesn't have a legit win over him?

You know what is really unfortunate. DC has almost no real fans. The guy is a legit great, but his "fans" never even talk about him unless its to take a jab at Jones. DC deserves better. He deserves actual fans and not Jones haters pretending to be DC fans

DC is a real legend of the sport, and history will remember him as superior to Jon Jones.

Let's not forget that DC avoided his natural division (heavyweight) so he wouldn't have to fight his friend, Cain Velasquez. DC arguably could have won the UFC HW belt much earlier were it not for Cain, and he could have defended it 5-10 times. Who knows how good DC's title defense run could have been at heavyweight.

Also DC started his MMA career extremely late. How good could DC have been if he'd started his MMA career at 25?

Jones, in contrast, has failed 2 PED tests under USADA, and essentially forced the UFC to adopt a deplorable rule that PED violations won't even be reported anymore. Jon Jones will be remember as nothing more than a steroid cheat.

Its sad that DCs fake fans can't even talk about DC without taking a shot at Jones. DC has almost no real fans, and posts like this show it.

And like it or not, fighters, the media and most fans do think of Jones as the better fighter

Unless I'm mistaken...
Rumble for Vacant - 1
Gus D - 2
Rumble 2 D - 3
Jones 2 NC so retained? - 4
Volkan D - 5
Stipe HW - 6
Lewis HW D - 7 and 8, Dana draped two belts over his shoulders

Alternatively, he didn't get a new belt from the Jones NC, and they just gave him two belts when he beat Stipe for becoming a two-div champ and two more when he defended vs Lewis as the two-div champ against Lewis.
that doesn't make sense.... lol
an extra belt for no reason for defending in a different division

Must be from the Silva fight and the Jones No contest. Doesnt make sense because A.Silva was a non title fight and the No contest he retained the belt but didnt defend.

Anyways, since he lost the first fight to Jones he has only had eight fights.

Anthony Johnson-won the vacated belt-1
Alexander Gustafsson- defended-2
A.Silva-non title fight- 3?
Anthony Johnson-defended -4
Jon Jones- No contest- 5
Volkan - defended-6
Stipe - HW belt- 7
Lewis- defended -8

LMAO at him getting belts for Silva and a No contest though.

Because there is nothing like "defending" belt in combat sports. Everytime you fight for world title and you're awarded with new trophy.
Just like olympic games, there's no "defending" gold medal etc.
There's no difference between gold medal and belt, symbolically, both are thropies, but it's more obvious for belts (instead of head of your foe).
Titles and belts holds no real value sportwise in the UFC or boxing. It's just promotional tool.
Personally I like fighters with certain styles, something like with video games, you got your favourites in Mortal Kombat for example, same with fighting, it would be painfull to jump bandwagon of every fighter with belt, because some of them are simply boring to watch.
Belt and medal are not the same, you never say "defending Olympic champion" but for a fighter with a belt he is supposed to "defend" it. But that's just me being old fashioned and liking the fact that a fighter would wear a belt that the previous champions had before him and it will continue to be passed.

DC can't stop talking about his belts now that jones is back. he is still upset.

this isn't hate or anything, just what it looks like to me. it would actually be nice if DC could beat jones at HW so he can retire in peace.

DC is a deserving champ. He will definitely go down as one of the all time greats.

... but jones still beat him twice. convincingly.

Belt and medal are not the same, you never say "defending Olympic champion" but for a fighter with a belt he is supposed to "defend" it. But that's just me being old fashioned and liking the fact that a fighter would wear a belt that the previous champions had before him and it will continue to be passed.
Symbolically it's same, it just trophy.
When you cut off head of your oponnent, it's your trophy, not guy who will beat you later. It's primal things took into sport.
Same with belts. Belt is your trophy, if you "killed" your oponnent, even if someone will beat you, it's not transfered.
Whole "defending belt" narration is just thing to sell more tickets and ppv, it's nonsense for something like fighting between people.
Fact that belts are promotional tools isn't some secret science.
So DC rightfully showing his belts, because it's his trophies for defeating challanging oponnents and he should be proud because of this (as fighter).

That’s insane it’s like a man knocking out a child. Must be the angle.
It’s not an angle. Jones was huge and this was the T-bol fight. His back/lats looked monstrous. I wasn’t shocked at all when he popped.

So if Lewis won he would be LHW champ?

<{vega}>

are this kind of posts made by mods or sherdog itself? can't wrap my head around having a forum thread per instagram post

I am post number 98. Can anybody count?

Where did the number 8 come from, and why is everybody treating it as a fact?

Its sad that DCs fake fans can't even talk about DC without taking a shot at Jones. DC has almost no real fans, and posts like this show it.

And like it or not, fighters, the media and most fans do think of Jones as the better fighter
1 post shows that DC has no real fans? lol ok are you sure thats not a hurt bum talking? If we've learned anything from the DC vs Jones fights its that Jones was too afraid to fight the older smaller fighter without extra help.

What have we learned since?? That DC is tested more then anyone, hasn't failed a test and moved up and fought the HW champ which jones was too afraid to do. But considering jones is too afraid to fight clean its no surprise he was too afraid to move up to HW

200.gif

Quite the opposite. I'm a huge DC fan.

I mention Jones because that's the #1 argument against DC being the greatest of all time. You clearly do not have a University degree. Any time you state your case, you should always address counter-arguments. The biggest counter-argument to DC being the GOAT is, as I said, Jon Jones.

Back