DC poked Stipe TWICE intentionally imo

????????

Not only was he poked, the ref warned DC repeatedly..

Stipe poked DC too, and nobody mentioned it because Goddard missed it.

If Goddard hadn't been up DC's ass for opening his hands to grab Stipe's wrists in the pocket this wouldn't even be a conversation.

There's a big differerence between intentionally threatening the poke and looking for dirty boxing opportunities, which is what DC had to do given the size disparaity and Stipe's ability to box on the outside.

Last edited:
I didn't ask why eye pokes were illegal. The problem I see is the first half of the action that results in an eye poke is the same first half that results in some legal techniques. You can't restrict the first half because of that. You have to just punish the result.

He didn't punish the action. He did punish the result and then observed that the specific part of the action that caused the result was continuing and warned against it. He was doing his job.

DC could have chose to ignore him and wait for it to happen again where he would have been punished for the result again.

It is not hard. Extended fingers in a fight with even the best intentions lead to eye pokes, the ref knows this and practiced his due diligence with telling him to stop and eliminating the hazard. Trying to initiate a clinch from far out by shoving your fingers in a guys face is a shit strategy if you want to stay foul free and can be construed as deliberate.

Had he called a stop and penalized him for having his fingers extended, then you may have an argument that he was penalized for no foul.

Should the police let people speed and just get involved when they crash?

Last edited:
Stipe poked DC too, and nobody mentioned it because Goddard missed it.

If Goddard hadn't been up DC's ass for opening his hands to grab Stipe's wrists in the pocket this wouldn't even be a conversation.

There's a big differerence between intentionally threatening the poke and looking for dirty boxing opportunities, which what DC had to do given the size disparaity and Stipe's ability to box on the outside.

Eye pokes are called dirty boxing opportunities when DC is doing it? I did miss the Stipe eye poke to be honest as well I may have missed a few attempts from DC as well. There were more than enough from DC to notice though without Goddard having to point it out. I like DC but that does not mean I am prepared to lie for him.

But if it happened to Corny-ier, you know he would not be able to let it go
It has, and we did. How sad is your life? Showing up to every DC thread hating. Appreciate greatness. He'll be gone soon.

He didn't punish the action. He did punish the result and then observed that the specific part of the action that caused the result was continuing and warned against it. He was doing his job.

DC could have chose to ignore him and wait for it to happen again where he would have been punished for the result again.

It is not hard. Extended fingers in a fight with even the best intentions lead to eye pokes, the ref knows this and practiced his due diligence with telling him to stop and eliminating the hazard. Trying to initiate a clinch from far out by shoving your fingers in a guys face is a shit strategy if you want to stay foul free and can be construed as deliberate.

Had he called a stop and penalized him for having his fingers extended, then you may have an argument that he was penalized for no foul.

Should the police let people speed and just get involved when they crash?
The problem is that specific part of the action that previously resulted in a penalty could as easily not result in a penalty and accomplish what DC was hopping to accomplish. And it’s because of that, I don’t think you can warn against extending fingers.

If someone wants to keep extending them they should be able to. If they eye poke again take a point. If they do it again disqualify them. But you can’t stop legal actions just because occasionally they lead to illegal actions. Especially considering far more times than not they end in a legal action.

I personally think first eye poke should be a point. Second should be two. Third should be the match. But I don’t think you should ever restrict a fighter from extending their fingers.

The finger pokes were dirty, no doubt. They seemed blatant and intentional ... Didn't change the outcome though, Stipe Was expecting the uppercut and instead got the hook. He wouldn't have seen it coming with 20/20 vision

eye pokes happen in fights.. Stipe poked him too. all the excuses in the world wont change the outcome...

Now DC has to fight the beast and hopefully fight the GOAT Jones after that. You know that loss and a half haunt DC... lets see the two best fighters ever go at it one more time

The problem is that specific part of the action that previously resulted in a penalty could as easily not result in a penalty and accomplish what DC was hopping to accomplish. And it’s because of that, I don’t think you can warn against extending fingers.

If someone wants to keep extending them they should be able to. If they eye poke again take a point. If they do it again disqualify them. But you can’t stop legal actions just because occasionally they lead to illegal actions. Especially considering far more times than not they end in a legal action.

I personally think first eye poke should be a point. Second should be two. Third should be the match. But I don’t think you should ever restrict a fighter from extending their fingers.

So you think it is ok to use a move that has a very high risk of poking someones eyes and potentially causing life long injury. Ok that's nice.
Extended fingers poke eyes, how fucking hard is that to understand? If you want to open your hands in the clinch and grab that is just fine and is far fucking different than shoving your fingers into someones face where you will likely poke their eyes.

Many people have complaied about eye pokes in the ufc to the extent that they have discussed changing the gloves and more strictly enforcing the rules.

You are simply trying to find a way to make DC less responsible for poking his eyes. The ref clearly agreed with me and it is his job to prevent that type of horseshit.

If you want to continue to argue that it is a viable technique then DC is either an asshole who was cheating or doing it improperly and is incompetent which resulted in fingers finding their way into eyes, Choose one.

I like DC and think he is a great fighter but that was bullshit.

The finger pokes were dirty, no doubt. They seemed blatant and intentional ... Didn't change the outcome though, Stipe Was expecting the uppercut and instead got the hook. He wouldn't have seen it coming with 20/20 vision

I agree with that. I realize some are using it as an excuse which Stipe himself did not. Likely because he is solid and figures crying about cheating is weak. I respect him for it.

I am smh at all the dudes who are trying to make excuses the other way.
I will admit that I am having difficulty being a DC fan, which I was. The guy would not shut up about Jones's cheating which I supported and then he started getting on my nerves with the goat talk after trying to fudge a weigh in and blatantly mimicking Jones in his last fight.
He is clearly trying to cherry pick fights like all the guys that everyone else shits on for the same thing.
This may give me some extra reason to be a little hard on him to be fair.

A guy calling himself the best to ever do it should not be cherry picking and would absolutely want to run it back with the guy who beat him twice. Frankly he is getting on my nerves, I hope Brock gets him pregnant.

All that said, there is no denying that he was trying to steal Jon's title as the eye poke king last weekend.

It has, and we did. How sad is your life? Showing up to every DC thread hating. Appreciate greatness. He'll be gone soon.
Good riddance, too bad JJ is t around to take another belt from him.... yea yea steroids whatever he still cried like a little girl in defeat

Jesus, it's been talked to death, and if you say it hasn't then you either haven't been on here or you're a troll. I don't think it was intentional, he's always used that open hand, mummy guard. I also don't believe it affected the outcome. The finish came the exact same way DC said it would. Stipe drops his hands on the clinch break, and he paid for it.

and I haven’t seen anybody talk about the eyepoke right before the KO when stipe came in the left hook and DC just stretches his hand out in his face poking stipes right eye.. you can see stipe wince after the poke in the UFC’s replay.

I suck at posting pics and vids sorry just rewatch The slow mo replays

And yes even tho it doesn’t seem like that I really like DC and I hope he whoops Brock’s fat ass
Wow you Stipe fanboys are still salty lol

tenor.gif
Aren't you supposed to be the drama queen of sherdog?

Why are you discouraging the super fight eye poke drama?

They eye poked each other. Neither was intentional. Stipe got floored because he didn't move his head or put his guard up when escaping the clinch. He got caught...end of story.

He cost me a $300 parlay and I'm not salty. Suck it up buttercup.

So you think it is ok to use a move that has a very high risk of poking someones eyes and potentially causing life long injury. Ok that's nice.
Extended fingers poke eyes, how fucking hard is that to understand? If you want to open your hands in the clinch and grab that is just fine and is far fucking different than shoving your fingers into someones face where you will likely poke their eyes.

Many people have complaied about eye pokes in the ufc to the extent that they have discussed changing the gloves and more strictly enforcing the rules.

You are simply trying to find a way to make DC less responsible for poking his eyes. The ref clearly agreed with me and it is his job to prevent that type of horseshit.

If you want to continue to argue that it is a viable technique then DC is either an asshole who was cheating or doing it improperly and is incompetent which resulted in fingers finding their way into eyes, Choose one.

I like DC and think he is a great fighter but that was bullshit.
Listen I’m open to having a debate and conversation but don’t give me high horse shit about high risk on injurying opponents as if I am arguing a just bleed concept. Let me know if you want to continue instead of being insulting because we have different points of view. I enjoy the debate, I am not insulted by it. I’m insulted by your insults.

and I haven’t seen anybody talk about the eyepoke right before the KO when stipe came in the left hook and DC just stretches his hand out in his face poking stipes right eye.. you can see stipe wince after the poke in the UFC’s replay.

I suck at posting pics and vids sorry just rewatch The slow mo replays

And yes even tho it doesn’t seem like that I really like DC and I hope he whoops Brock’s fat ass
Yup, it's really disscusting

Good riddance, too bad JJ is t around to take another belt from him.... yea yea steroids whatever he still cried like a little girl in defeat
go crawl back into whatever gaping hole you came out of. Im sure you cried when your fortnight account was lost. If you were to accomplish 1/10th of what DC has and lost it you would cry twice as hard.

Aren't you supposed to be the drama queen of sherdog?

Why are you discouraging the super fight eye poke drama?

Why? Here's why:

B8bmcM7.jpg

Dismiss (majority opinion) is clearly the optimal branch for maximum drama per hour. You think popcorn is straightforward?

tuRIVNn.jpg

Back