DC poked Stipe TWICE intentionally imo

Very blatant. The whole fight he kept his fingers outstretched and in Stipe's face. There was one moment where Stipe did it to him too.

very blatant. the whole fight he kept his fingers outstretched and in Stipe's face. there was one moment where Stipe did it to him too.

Stipe was really wide open in the clinch though. Bad eye and all his defense needed to be tight there. Gus and Jones did well enough in the clinch to not be knocked out..

You said if Jones did poke a fighter in the eye the forum would have talked about it as if people aren't talking about DC's eye poke.You are wrong

I know what I said. And this place would be flooded with hatred for Jones over it. 10 times what DC got..

It's like DC was trying to clinch.

DC wrekt ya boi. Deal.

That's what I thought as well - he had his hands ready to grab hold of him. But being warned 3 times in less than 5 minutes is clearly a rule Cormier is breaking and Goddard should have been more stern with the 2nd warning at least.

lots of people bought into this good guy DC bullshit, so now they cant turn back on him.
fuck him!

I know what I said. And this place would be flooded with hatred for Jones over it. 10 times what DC got..
Well.That's true because Jones is known for it while DC isn't.Also Jones does it delibaretely unlike DC

Well.That's true because Jones is known for it while DC isn't.Also Jones does it delibaretely unlike DC

DC didn’t do that deliberately lol.. Oh boy.. Fingers outstretched right in the eye..

and I haven’t seen anybody talk about the eyepoke right before the KO when stipe came in the left hook and DC just stretches his hand out in his face poking stipes right eye.. you can see stipe wince after the poke in the UFC’s replay.

I suck at posting pics and vids sorry just rewatch The slow mo replays

And yes even tho it doesn’t seem like that I really like DC and I hope he whoops Brock’s fat ass
Can you post a gif of the second eye poke just before the KO? A lot of talk about it, but haven't seen it. And trying to see it live has been impossible.

That's what I thought as well - he had his hands ready to grab hold of him. But being warned 3 times in less than 5 minutes is clearly a rule Cormier is breaking and Goddard should have been more stern with the 2nd warning at least.
What's more interesting is that DC started landing clean on Stipe so easily and that Stipe was sooooo overconfident he kept letting DC into the pocket where Stipe's reach was a liability and his hands dropped.

DC called it beforehand so it's impossible to conjure up fingers as an excuse really.

Stipe really shat the bed.

Stipe was really wide open in the clinch though. Bad eye and all his defense needed to be tight there. Gus and Jones did well enough in the clinch to not be knocked out..
Thats because DC didnt poke them in the eye when they clinched. It was really weird as Stipe steps in with a punch and gets eye poked, he clinches up. Probably waiting for the ref or to figure out wtf... DC hits him with the obvious follow up.

Really, Stipe had his number prior to the constant fouls minus the 1-2 he ate clean.

I'm confused, why can't you try and grab your opponents head with open hands? Is that illegal? You can't grab the opponents hands either? I am not sure why Goddard was warning these actions. Penalize eye pokes with a point, but you can't regulate how a person tries to grab you. That isn't against the rules.

No I wasn't kidding. Fighters do that a lot to gauge distance.

I have to ask though, do you think that is an acceptable way to gauge distance? What if I were blind and decided to use my dick in public to gauge distance, would that be ok because I have a reason or would it still be against the rules?

And that poke caused Stipe to drop his hands and be KO'd by a hook

.....Damn eye pokes

DC didn’t do that deliberately lol.. Oh boy.. Fingers outstretched right in the eye..
When he fights taller guys he always has his hands out grabbing forearms and such, he throws quick strikes from there and there is a huge chance he just fucked up and didn’t close his fist

There’s so much happening and so many nerves and moving let’s that mistakes happen. DC has always fought with his hands open to grab for the clinch, block shots, grab hands, etc. People are just weirdly into always having a controversy and drama. DC and Stipe both acknowledged that it was an accident

fqqDv0l.png

He doesn't close his hands properly even while hitting pads

Do you want to see a deliberate eye poke? There you go:

giphy.gif

Back