DC on Romero's Callout: "You Don't Fail a Class and Move Up a Grade"

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/danie...l-romero-callout-light-heavyweight-title-shot

he don't want these problems

cr27L77.gif

source.gif

<DCWhoa><DC-Champ>

<GSPWoah>

He's not lying, Romero failed at 185 he needs 1-2 wins at least. Gustafsson, Shogun, Jan would be better fights for him.

Why should he defend against a Romero who is coming off a loss and hasn't done anything of note at 205? Unless you count him missing weight and beating Rockhold or arguably getting the better of Whittaker

He had no problem with fighting Miocic but ducks Romero according to TS

NwrGqAM_700wa_0.gif

styles make fights I think yoel would finish DC in the 2nd or 3rd round

still a weak thread though TS

Can you blame him?

RoemroRockholdKiss-640x360.jpg

TS is salty because his boy Dick Pill is sitting on side waiting for this sentence

He had no problem with fighting Miocic but ducks Romero according to TS

NwrGqAM_700wa_0.gif
well on a serious note. Yoel Is a tougher stylistic challenge than Miocic was.

Stipe being a HW doesn't change that. Yoel Is a dangerous fight for anyone

There are clear contenders fighting in the next few weeks for the #1 spot, why should the UFC give the shot to Romero?

that said if the bosses said fuck it and made the fight I wont be mad at all <{JustBleed}><RomeroSalute>

Cmon with the thread titles. He's 100% right about Romero not deserving a shot, how can you duck someone who's never fought in the weight class? That's like saying Woodley is ducking Ferguson - utter lunacy.

Edit: Someone made a solid merge, and I like it. It's much more reflective of the actual story than someone implying Cormier is "ducking" anyone after winning the heavyweight title from the only HW champ who defended the belt three times.

Last edited:
DC would ruin Yoel. Cormier would move forward like he always does and force Yoel to move and constantly defend. DC isn’t going to let Yoel get comfortable like Whittaker and others. He will impose his will like he always does. The longer the fight goes, the more tired Yoel will get and DC will drown him. I feel DC is basically the worst match up in the world for Yoel. DC definitely isn’t ducking Yoel. That word needs to stop being used so much. Use your brain. Talking shit.

He's gonna sit out till Bork don't kid yourselves

If he's ducking anyone its Gus (doesn't want a near-guaranteed war for low reward). By no means is he ducking Yoelito, who hasn't earned his shot.

Back