DC on McGregors Wrestling

I think all the pros that are saying this were surprised that in round 1 with the amount of top control Khabib had that he didn't do any damage
It actually reflects badly on Conor since he got finished by a decisionator.

Lol at dismissing the opinion of one of the best fighters. Gotta love people who are so blinded by hate that they can't even accept the opinions of true experts.
2 of those experts train with Khabib regularly too. I think Khabib would win the rematch anyway
Again...he was grabbing shorts, grabbing the fence MULTIPLE times for extended periods of time, and illegally kneed Khabib all in that one round. Which would help a shit ton in preventing positional advances and strikes from Khabib.

Only thing that really "impressed" me about Conor in that fight was how blind his nuthuggers are, how biased the UFC can be openly, and seeing how far the fighters will go to stay in good with Dana. Even after he blatantly cheats numerous times in every single round, his nuthuggers, Dana/UFC, and some fighters pretend to be ignorant of all that.
Honestly you seem just as blind lol. Nobody is saying Connor won the ground battle. Just that he didn't get wrecked as badly as some thought. Man Khabib s training partners must be Connors nut huggers since they said the same thing? If your not negative towards Connor your a nut hugger from your perspective

You were THAT impressed he was able to grab the fence, shorts, and inside of Khabib's gloves? He cheated in every way he could to prevent that ass beating on the ground...and STILL got dominated. I'm sure you were impressed with Kongo's nutshots too, huh?
No the cheating helped him as well no doubt, I honestly thought Khabib would take him down and literally do what he wanted to him on the ground. Conor at least slowed that down for a bit, his cheating was bad though.

Only if you truly believe he can't finish. Which he obviously can if you know his record. It's not like he usually fails to finish when it goes to the distance. It's that he just doesn't really try a submission and is content just GnPing

No the cheating helped him as well no doubt, I honestly thought Khabib would take him down and literally do what he wanted to him on the ground. Conor at least slowed that down for a bit, his cheating was bad though.

I'm just saying I believe his ability to "slow down" Khabib was largely, if not fully, due to his cheating (IE grabbing fence/shorts/gloves - same tactics used by cheaters to gain advantage in grappling).

2 of those experts train with Khabib regularly too. I think Khabib would win the rematch anyway

Honestly you seem just as blind lol. Nobody is saying Connor won the ground battle. Just that he didn't get wrecked as badly as some thought. Man Khabib s training partners must be Connors nut huggers since they said the same thing? If your not negative towards Connor your a nut hugger from your perspective

You don't have to be "negative" towards Conor, but just factual. It's a fact that he cheated in ways most commonly used to gain advantage in grappling. His training partners would say he did better than expected, because he did. I didn't say he didn't do better than expected...just that it was largely due to cheating. Many of these fighters praising Conor are completely ignoring him cheating. His nuthuggers pretend it didn't even happen. I'm just asking the realistic question of "how would he have done without cheating?". Would he have been able to escape the first round if he didn't grab the fence to prevent/slow Khabib's positional advances? Maybe...but most likely not. Khabib said he wanted to beat on him for a few rnds and then finish him, and he did. I said I wanted to see Conor get smashed and then tapped or KO'ed by rnd 4 or 5 to leave no questions, and I did.

I would ask the same for anyone in the same position. I'm a fan of Aldo, but how would his first fight with Mendes have gone if he didn't grab the fence (whether it was accidental or purposeful being out of question)? Don't know...but it's a fact he did. They got the rematch and Mendes did better...but still lost. That kind of answers it.

Lol at defending well. Any other TOP-10 fighter would be able to defend that first takedown.

I thought he was defending cleverly in the first round, doing what he could not to take damage and not to waste too much energy. Still gassed though, and still got totally dominated.

Yeah, he kind of defended for an entire round without taking damage ... but still losing.

Really weird how everyone is washing Conor's balls for not getting literally dying the second that fight hit the mat ... people are bending over backwards to give him credit for a fight in which he had absolutely nothing going for him and got fucking wrecked in every aspect of MMA.
Conor got smeshed, but to be fair to him, he won a round against Khabib. No one else in the UFC can say that (except maybe Tibau who got screwed with the 3 x 30-27's). He looked less hopeless than many were expecting, which is faint praise in a way I suppose.

I'm just saying I believe his ability to "slow down" Khabib was largely, if not fully, due to his cheating (IE grabbing fence/shorts/gloves - same tactics used by cheaters to gain advantage in grappling).

You don't have to be "negative" towards Conor, but just factual. It's a fact that he cheated in ways most commonly used to gain advantage in grappling. His training partners would say he did better than expected, because he did. I didn't say he didn't do better than expected...just that it was largely due to cheating. Many of these fighters praising Conor are completely ignoring him cheating. His nuthuggers pretend it didn't even happen. I'm just asking the realistic question of "how would he have done without cheating?". Would he have been able to escape the first round if he didn't grab the fence to prevent/slow Khabib's positional advances? Maybe...but most likely not. Khabib said he wanted to beat on him for a few rnds and then finish him, and he did. I said I wanted to see Conor get smashed and then tapped or KO'ed by rnd 4 or 5 to leave no questions, and I did.

I would ask the same for anyone in the same position. I'm a fan of Aldo, but how would his first fight with Mendes have gone if he didn't grab the fence (whether it was accidental or purposeful being out of question)? Don't know...but it's a fact he did. They got the rematch and Mendes did better...but still lost. That kind of answers it.
OK well your making your argument to the wrong guy we all know Connor was cheating I think saved him from getting taken down more so than the grappling transitions on the ground.. from what I saw

But Khabib DID do what he wanted and when he wanted to on the ground...

Resistance from Conor was largely due to him grabbing Khabib's shorts, gloves, and the fence to prevent or slow positional advances in LITERALLY every single round. He even did so in the round Khabib "lost". Even though he wasn't entirely "successful" on the ground, how much worse would he have looked if he didn't cheat?

Thank you..I love how people just glaze over the cheating..that knee on the floor was fucking ridiculous.. any other fighter would lose a point or DQ..straight up

People are just riding conor's nuts that's all. Prior to Conor fight, Khabib had only two subs in UFC. Mcgregor got subbed in the most clownish way. He was doing good... Until he got wrecked and almost stopped from gnp. It was so easy for Khabib to maul him in the 2nd round, that he almost gassed himself out from doing that. Conor didn't show anything exceptional, and he doesn't deserve any credit for his performance.

Conor did much better than I expected, I thought Khabib would start wiping the floor with Conor's face from the very beginning..

Dc is a pro wrestling fan and he knows the first rule of pro wrestling in building up your opponent

If he came out and said Mcgregor was a bum that cant wrestle then who did khabib beat but a bum with 0 wrestling and worst of all it took him 4 rounds to out wrestle him .

DC is of course entirely correct. Seeing how Conor had never shown any ability to defend on that level, and had never fought anyone with the grappling ability of Khabib, it was surprising to see how long he managed to keep Khabib busy with nothing but defending his position. There's a huge difference in technique in the fight against Mendes compared to the one against Khabib, and it was especially tested as Khabib is both better and stronger.

It's funny to see some people having such emotional problems with this being pointed out though. They seem to feel that it takes away from Khabib's dominating victory, which it of course doesn't unless you're a pathetic fanboy.

I think it's because everyone talked about how bad Connors grappling was leading to the fight and general concensus was Khabib would do what he wanted when he wanted on the ground but Connor actually had some resistance
Guess Conor is better than Barboza at least. Barboza was fuuuccckkkeedd after that 1st round.

You were THAT impressed he was able to grab the fence, shorts, and inside of Khabib's gloves? He cheated in every way he could to prevent that ass beating on the ground...and STILL got dominated. I'm sure you were impressed with Kongo's nutshots too, huh?
Speaking of nut shots and cheating, funny how everyone glosses over Khabibs cheating. Agree with DC on alot but TD % matters, its the one of the best measures of how well a tactic is working. We count strikes thrown too but Lewis shows it only takes 1

Last edited:
Guess Conor is better than Barboza at least. Barboza was fuuuccckkkeedd after that 1st round.
Hard to say McGregor is better than Barboza Imo McGregor went into the fight with a defense 1st game plan especially on the ground ( I think this based on coaches comments on the JRE show and the fight itself) and I don't think Barbosa was necessarily training the same strategies for the fight. I don't know I just think mma math doesn't work . I'm also really stoned right now judgement could be off

Conor actually did a lot better than I thought he would. I thought Khabib would take him down at will with no resistance.

Only if you truly believe he can't finish. Which he obviously can if you know his record. It's not like he usually fails to finish when it goes to the distance. It's that he just doesn't really try a submission and is content just GnPing
This. Khabib fights for position first and foremost. Khabib does not risk many sub attempts, because failing a sub attempt most of the time forces you to lose dominant position, which, in turn, can put you in serious trouble. Khabib goes for subs when he knows that he can finish with a high probability.

Back