DC is wasting everyone at the top of LHW's time. Fighters shouldn't be allowed to hold 2 belts

DC is ducking Gus.
Is it ducking someone if he is going to fight a bigger man at a higher weight? I wouldn’t exactly call fighting Brock instead of Gus “ducking”... although I think Gus would be the harder fight, especially now that it’s been clearly established that 205 is not the ideal weight class for DC. Makes everything he’s done at that weight even more impressive IMO

Can Gus even fight? Is he injured?

Honestly I feel like LHW shouldn't have a champion until they learn to be better.

Is it ducking someone if he is going to fight a bigger man at a higher weight? I wouldn’t exactly call fighting Brock instead of Gus “ducking”... although I think Gus would be the harder fight, especially now that it’s been clearly established that 205 is not the ideal weight class for DC. Makes everything he’s done at that weight even more impressive IMO
DC is Ducking Gus in the sense that he is calling for a LHW title defense against ANYONE but Gus. Fighting Brock while complete BS in a sense of fairness is understandable. Brock hasn't won a fight in 8 years and popped in his last fight but he is in line for a HW title fight? I see why DC would do it since it will pay huge but he needs to STFU and not even talk about LHW. Let the UFC book an Interim fight with Gus and Volkan or whoever is the #2 contender. DC can't claim Gus is undeserving and needs to do something special to get a shot but claim Shogun was deserving. It makes DC look like a complete coward and it confirms he is AFRAID to fight Gus and risk his LHW title and his fight with Brock. He knows aside from Jon Jones the guy who is his biggest competition is Gus.

DC is Ducking Gus in the sense that he is calling for a LHW title defense against ANYONE but Gus. Fighting Brock while complete BS in a sense of fairness is understandable. Brock hasn't won a fight in 8 years and popped in his last fight but he is in line for a HW title fight? I see why DC would do it since it will pay huge but he needs to STFU and not even talk about LHW. Let the UFC book an Interim fight with Gus and Volkan or whoever is the #2 contender. DC can't claim Gus is undeserving and needs to do something special to get a shot but claim Shogun was deserving. It makes DC look like a complete coward and it confirms he is AFRAID to fight Gus and risk his LHW title and his fight with Brock. He knows aside from Jon Jones the guy who is his biggest competition is Gus.
I agree with you, I'm just not as harsh on DC as you are. I don't even know if Gus is deserving of a title fight because of his inactivity, but he is clearly the biggest challenge to the title at 205. I would love to see DC/Gus run it back one more time, but It also seems like Gus is depending on his close fights with Jones & Cormier to get a title shot for his next fight. He has done nothing to prove he is still on the same level he was back then. It seems that DC would rather hold onto the 205 title until he fights Brock so he is going into it as the double champ - but you are right he needs to STFU if he doesn't intend to fight @ LHW again. I totally understand where you are coming from and think Gus is the best 205 fighter outside of Bones/Cormier, but he has done absolutely zero recently to prove that and seems content to rest on his laurels. Based on your post. Gus is just as big a coward as Cormier - he isn't willing to fight and risk that #1 contender fight the same way Cormier doesn't seem to want to fight and risk a loss to jeopardize his Lesnar fight. We all know DC destroys Brock and it's only happening for the $$$. For his last fight or 2 I'd like to see the champ champ test himself at HW with a rematch of Stipe or fight Blaydes, Volkov or basically anyone who has earned the chance, not some clown like Brock.

But dude, stop saying DC is "AFRAID" or a "coward" - that's fucking idiotic. He's just looking for his money and has done enough in his career to justify that IMO. He doesn't need to prove shit to anyone and especially not Gus... he already beat him! Why does sherdog think that anyone who is looking out for themself is automatically "ducking" someone (usually the favorite fighter of the poster accusing someone of "ducking")

Who would compete for the LHW title without DC in the picture?

Gus vs. Volkan?

Gus is very impressive... when he actually fights... lol
Too bad his carer gets wasted cuz of injuried, just like Cain...

If Gus had really made his claim strongly for a shot at the belt I would feel more sympathy, instead he'd fought twice since losing to DC.

Generally LHW is in a terrible state with nobody really having made much of a strong case for a shot at the belt.

Normally I'd agree, but LHW is a dead division anyway. Shogun was 1 win away from a title fight just a few months ago....in 2018.

Normally I'd agree, but LHW is a dead division anyway. Shogun was 1 win away from a title fight just a few months ago....in 2018.

Don't you think that not even having a belt available is just going to make it even more dead?

Don't you think that not even having a belt available is just going to make it even more dead?

It will open up in March, worst case scenario. Good time to do a mini unofficial tournament between the top 10 guys to workout a pecking order. Now if DC says he won't be defending it, sure, take the belt away from him. I'd give him till December then take it away if he hasn't defended it.

Is it really worse than the other LHW champ that has been suspended for half his prime, and who last fought more than once a year 5 years ago?...

Don’t let the hate bury the truth.

completely agree. to take another belt you have to give up the first one. divisions are fucked up enough without it.

If you recall the DC/Miocic fight was Dana's idea in the first place and Dana invited Brock to the fight salivating at the thought of a call out. Can't hate on DC for going along with it since its clearly a benefit to his legacy and bank account.

I agree with you, I'm just not as harsh on DC as you are. I don't even know if Gus is deserving of a title fight because of his inactivity, but he is clearly the biggest challenge to the title at 205. I would love to see DC/Gus run it back one more time, but It also seems like Gus is depending on his close fights with Jones & Cormier to get a title shot for his next fight. He has done nothing to prove he is still on the same level he was back then. It seems that DC would rather hold onto the 205 title until he fights Brock so he is going into it as the double champ - but you are right he needs to STFU if he doesn't intend to fight @ LHW again. I totally understand where you are coming from and think Gus is the best 205 fighter outside of Bones/Cormier, but he has done absolutely zero recently to prove that and seems content to rest on his laurels. Based on your post. Gus is just as big a coward as Cormier - he isn't willing to fight and risk that #1 contender fight the same way Cormier doesn't seem to want to fight and risk a loss to jeopardize his Lesnar fight. We all know DC destroys Brock and it's only happening for the $$$. For his last fight or 2 I'd like to see the champ champ test himself at HW with a rematch of Stipe or fight Blaydes, Volkov or basically anyone who has earned the chance, not some clown like Brock.

But dude, stop saying DC is "AFRAID" or a "coward" - that's fucking idiotic. He's just looking for his money and has done enough in his career to justify that IMO. He doesn't need to prove shit to anyone and especially not Gus... he already beat him! Why does sherdog think that anyone who is looking out for themself is automatically "ducking" someone (usually the favorite fighter of the poster accusing someone of "ducking")
DC wants to be a 2 division champ going into his fight with Brock and I understand that 100%. He is going to get a huge payday. However DC also wants to "Defend" the LHW title, he just wants to Blatantly Cherry Pick his defense. Gus killed Glover in his last fight and the level of activity is not a valid excuse. DC has been injured and didn't lose his place in line. Gus vs DC at LHW is the only fight, DC as champion can take without it being Ducking plain and simple. Putting off DC vs Gus is asking for the MMA Gods to spite us. If DC doesn't defend against Gus then he shouldn't defend the LHW belt until after the Brock fight if at all.

Gus vs whoever is a worthy opponent for the Interim LHW belt is the move that makes sense. DC isn't defending LHW until after the Brock fight and that likely won't leave time for another defense with his March deadline. By the time he fights Brock it will have been a year since LHW was defended. That's not acceptable so why not have an Interim Title so that when DC does defend its a Unification Bout and if he doesn't the division can move on. Here are the UFC's own rankings so Alex and Volkan is the fight to make.

1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Volkan Oezdemir
3 Ilir Latifi
4 Jan Blachowicz
5 Jimi Manuwa
6 Corey Anderson
7 Ovince Saint Preux
8 Glover Teixeira
9 Anthony Smith
10 Misha Cirkunov
11 Mauricio Rua
12 Dominick Reyes