DC is Remastering Batman: The Animated Series on Blu Ray

vcmmafan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"Batman: The Animated Series turned 25 years old this year, and Warner Bros. is finally showing it some love with a HD remaster on Blu-ray.

The announcement was made at New York Comic-Con yesterday at the Batman: The Animated Series panel. Polygon was in attendance and explained how it all went down:

Gary Miereanu, a Warner Bros. representative, held up a DVD box set of Batman: The Animated Series as a giveaway for the Q&A portion of the panel. He then announced that this would be the last time Warner Bros. would be giving away a set on DVD — because a remastered Blu-ray version of the acclaimed series is scheduled to be released “later in the year” in 2018."

Hoping for this level of quality:

I’m on board. Loved that show as a kid.

Nice Square face batman is back.

I hated bathman because back in the day our local TV station pulled out the "X-MEN" and put on Batman instead! And I am a big fan of the XMen.

Its on Amazon Prime too. Can't eait till my kiddo is old enough to start watching it. Such an awesome show.

Love the one with Adam West as the Grey Ghost.

DC doing something right.

BTAS was probably the greatest animated series ever produced, and should indeed be treated as high art in the medium.

DC doing something right.

BTAS was probably the greatest animated series ever produced, and should indeed be treated as high art in the medium.

They should have handed over the DC film universe to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. They were responsible for Batman TAS and earned that shot.

Absolutely amazing series. Between this, the Spiderman animated series, and X-Men, the 90s were a pretty great time to be a kid when it came to superhero cartoons.

"Batman: The Animated Series turned 25 years old this year, and Warner Bros. is finally showing it some love with a HD remaster on Blu-ray.

The announcement was made at New York Comic-Con yesterday at the Batman: The Animated Series panel. Polygon was in attendance and explained how it all went down:

Gary Miereanu, a Warner Bros. representative, held up a DVD box set of Batman: The Animated Series as a giveaway for the Q&A portion of the panel. He then announced that this would be the last time Warner Bros. would be giving away a set on DVD — because a remastered Blu-ray version of the acclaimed series is scheduled to be released “later in the year” in 2018."

way better than the movies with Affleck Batman.

I need to go buy this ancient technology called a blu ray player again to play it.

Absolutely amazing series. Between this, the Spiderman animated series, and X-Men, the 90s were a pretty great time to be a kid when it came to superhero cartoons.
Yeah they were all amazing. Good balance of source material, adjustments for kids cartoon and animation.

Crazy to think of the stuff that originated in the animated series that then went into mainstream comics.

Harley Quinn in BTAS.

Whistler of Kris Kristofferson fans wad first introduced in Spiderman the Animated Series.

Some others too.

Interesting, but I'd settle for a sharp DVD quality picture of a cartoon. Hard to imagine how much better a cartoon would be in HD.

I hope they don't cut off the tops and bottoms to make a 4x3 video into "widescreen".

I remember when that show was brand new. It was probably the coolest animated show for kids that came out in the 1990's.

They should have handed over the DC film universe to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. They were responsible for Batman TAS and earned that shot.
Could yet be a blessing in disguise. They should abandon the DCEU, focus on developing a rebooted Batman series around a young actor and in the style of BTAS (preferably taking place in the 1930s), and like you said, put Timm / Dini in charge of it.

First animated series where the color was added to a black backdrop, rather than a white backdrop.

I find that awesome

Back