DC: "I will fight Shogun, then I will fight Brock Lesnar"

who wins

• Total voters
I know Shogun has been around for a long time and is a legend. But I don't know where you guys think Shogun is going to be a big draw at all.

It took him a year to get down from HW to LHW 5 years ago, and then 7 months this year to move back up to HW.

There's no way DC gets back down to 205 for a fight this year, and then back up to 245 for a fight next spring.

huh?

You send old warhorses to the glue factory, not the Kentucky Derby.

I forgot Shogun is already booked against Anthony Smith

Nothing to worry about
Fight won't happen
Shogun not getting past Smith

Actually if Shogun wins his next fight I like this. Shogun was just about to streak right to a title shot anyhow before they swapped his fight vs Volkan.

DC has already stated he has no desire to fight young guns like Blaydes, etc, but legends and big draws.

War Shogun!

#FutureChamp!

Lol, no Daniel. Brock is your easy fight. If you really want to fight two more times, at least one of them should be against the next contender.

How about fighting Gus or at least Glover? Shogun has zero chance against DC

Maybe he should wait for the coming Shogun and Gus fights before saying who to face. I see it as a big possibility that Shogun loses and Gus wins

Dc took stipe. He's earned all the fights he wants. Brock and shogun are fine. Let's see new matches his final fights.

DC just said on Ariel Helwani MMA show that Brock Lesnar is not guaranteed to be his next fight. He wants to fight Shogun next coz he has won some fights, an MMA legend, and is someone he respect. After that, he will go back to HW and fight Brock.

Thoughts?

Looks like he's doing exactly what Bisping did...Just like Bisping, he knew his career was ending and he wanted to make as much money as possible.. but you can't give bisping all kinds of shit, then turn around and say, "gee, I completely understand" why dc is doing this...he deserves it...they both do...

At least it appears dc isn't going to just sit around and not defend...which is a bit different...Gus is already slated to fight someone...so that fight is out...

Not that it can't happen but I'd be very surprised if DC ever makes 205 again after ballooning up for HW

Holy crap I just realized Shogun is 36. That being said I think Smith might knock his block off.

Wtf didnt he say at the post presser that he only wants big fights at this stage of his career, only fights like Jones,Brock,Stipe, and Gus if he does something crazy.

Guess he wants to get one easy LHW defense in before whooping Brock and retiring.

Let's see Shogun beat Anthony Smith first and then we'll see. I still believe current Shogun has enough power to put most to sleep but he's definitely not the fighter he used to be.

DC affraid of Jones confirmed.

Nobody even knows when Jones will be back...whether he even comes back in time before dc retires...cause I don't see dc not wanting to fight jones...I just don't think he can beat him...peds or not.

Lol that would make my day if Shogun lucked out and caught DC

As long as DC takes it easy on him like he did against Silva, I am okay with the fight.

Shogun will knock him out if he comes in healthy.

Back