DC cant get over Jones

Dr Brian Pepper

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now DC is trying to copy Jones record, and get the same name wins.

Kinda sad but not rly the point of this thread

Does anyone wanna actually see this fight? I love Shogun, but like..who cares? Seems free for DC imo

Did you post this intentionally to get it dumped? Only real question here.

This thread will do really well in the wasteland

Now DC is trying to copy Jones record, and get the same name wins.

Kinda sad but not rly the point of this thread

Does anyone wanna actually see this fight? I love Shogun, but like..who cares? Seems free for DC imo

it still be a big fight if shogun beat lionhart.

My answer to this trolling is as follows

I hope you read that well.

not really trolling.

Shogun just doesnt seem like a fight DC or the fans should want imo

Damn would it be sweet if Shogun gets the upset

Understandably.

Jones is the only man to ever beat him. Even though Jones was busted, it’s still gotta sting for DC especially since he got KTFO. The first fight, too. No matter if Jones cheated in that one as well, it definitely doesn’t feel good for DC. He could go around saying “yeah, well Jon cheated, so it doesn’t matter” but, deep down he feels bad about it.

He already beat the most accomplished UFC heavyweight champion ever...something Jones never even dared to attempt.

Jones seems to be having teouble dealing with DC shining right now.
Jones's radio dedication to DC

But no. Not interested in DC vs Shogun at all. He probably thinks Shogun's fanbase will tune in and help the fight do decent numbers. But it's a pointless fight.

He already beat the most accomplished UFC heavyweight champion ever...something Jones never even dared to attempt.
He's undefeated at the division Jones never attempted. I'd argue Josh Barnett back in the day was a harder fight than current-day Stipe.

Hell yeah I want to see Shogun fight for the title. It should be his last fight though, win or lose.

Of course he can't get over Jones, he's lost 2 times to him. Got schooled in the first fight & Jones fucked Cormier's wrestling game in that fight & showed him how its done. At the post fight conference Cormier shed tears & in the next fight Bones knocks him out silly & then Cormier cries again :cool: No matter what Cormier does, he's always gonna be behind Jones. Just watch Jones take those 2 belts from Cormier.

Yes because there are just so many great and talented fighters at HW Jones needed to be fighting. From the time Jones was young, HW has been a wasteland with maybe 1 or 2 guys in it. Jones won the LHW belt at only 23 remember. He had lots of time to set records at LHW and go up later.. Now time is an issue because of all his screw ups.. Setting records at LHW means more as the talent is greater. We just saw a great LHW champ KO the HW champ. Skill beats size..

DC will never be able to get past Jones. His ego will never allow him to be known as the second best mma guy.

Unfortunate because DC has done everything right

Yes because there are just so many great and talented fighters at HW Jones needed to be fighting. From the time Jones was young, HW has been a wasteland with maybe 1 or 2 guys in it. Jones won the LHW belt at only 23 remember. He had lots of time to set records at LHW and go up later.. Now time is an issue because of all his screw ups.. Setting records at LHW means more as the talent is greater. We just saw a great LHW champ KO the HW champ. Skill beats size..

So Jones never fought at heavyweight because he never deemed it too much of a challenge?

Right...

So Jones never fought at heavyweight because he never deemed it too much of a challenge?

Right...

It is not that he never saw it as a challenge but he was only 23. He put these guys on his resume

Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
DC
Gus
Glover

That is a serious resume. When you win the belt at 23, you can take your time. Now time is an issue.. DC was 34-35 when he was on top of his game. Jones is still only 30.

Understandably.

Jones is the only man to ever beat him. Even though Jones was busted, it’s still gotta sting for DC especially since he got KTFO. The first fight, too. No matter if Jones cheated in that one as well, it definitely doesn’t feel good for DC. He could go around saying “yeah, well Jon cheated, so it doesn’t matter” but, deep down he feels bad about it.
Jones talked about going up to heavyweight forever, and wanted a warm up fight first. DC did it, and became two division champ immediately. He's also going to get the Brock money fight, which Jones campaigned for, before getting popped. I'm sure DC is in a great state of mind<DC-Champ>daniel-cormier-post-ufc-226-belts.jpg

Jones can’t get over DC

Back