Dazn > Fight Trash

Not even close! One if $10 a month for PPV level fights the other is shit that wouldn't even make it to FS2 or ESPN 9 or wherever the fuck it's on now.
Cannot disagree more. I live in Canada.

First of all, I pay ~$90 per year for Fightpass. My 13 month subscription to Dazn cost me $150 CDN.

In terms of overall video quality, Fightpass is far superior. The resolution is consistently higher, whereas I continually have quality issues with Dazn.

Also, Fightpass offers a massive library, which Dazn does not offer. It looks like Dazn is only keeping Bellator events up for a week or so before removing them.

As others have indicated, the Fightpass platform allows you to quickly browse and skip through ahead to any fight on the card. In addition, there's the "Markers" feature, which lets you quickly skip to highlights.

While Fightpass is not perfect, it's hard to argue that it doesn't deliver as advertised. Really, my biggest current issue with Fightpass is that certain prelims/events are blacked out. (But this isn't an issue with the Fightpass platform.)

Fightpass >>>> DAZN currently.

My biggest gripe with DAZN is the paramount simulcast. There is tons of dead air where commercials would normally be and it is horrible to listen to.

Not even close! One if $10 a month for PPV level fights the other is shit that wouldn't even make it to FS2 or ESPN 9 or wherever the fuck it's on now.
Fight pass also has EBI, invicta, cage warriors quintet, glory etc etc

Fightpass has been terrific for years, with the exception being Conor/Mayweather which gave issue.

DAZN worked fine too, but the site doesn't seem as refined, it doesn't keep replays after a week, there's not as many promotions, and the feed quality didn't seem as consistent. I'll probably resubscribe if they announce another big Bellator card though.

--

Fight pass also has EBI, invicta, cage warriors quintet, glory etc etc
Dazn just got the exclusive rights to the next 11 Canelo fights and a number of good mma promotions while working on more.

Dazn just got the exclusive rights to the next 11 Canelo fights and a number of good mma promotions while working on more.
Wow that's huge for them. They're definitely make some good moves.

My biggest gripe with DAZN is the paramount simulcast. There is tons of dead air where commercials would normally be and it is horrible to listen to.
yeah the dead air feels weird, as weird as it sounds even commercials seem better than the dead air

Dazn has given me issues every time I've watched it. Fucking kicked me back to the prelims during Bader/Mitrione and I missed 2 minutes. I've never had Fightpass do that.
I don't get it. It happened to me several times with the first event, and again a bunch of times with 207 and 208.

It just requires a refresh to get back to live, but then it takes 20+ seconds just to start playing each time.

DAZN is the worst streaming service there is for me. Every other streaming service I have like Fight Pass, Sling, Amazon Prime, etc work almost perfectly. They start playing within a couple seconds, no buffering throughout, good quality, and certainly no jumping 3 hours back to a prelim fight. The DAZN interface isn't very good either.

Canelo Alvarez signs 11 fight deal with DAZN

giphy.gif

Cannot disagree more. I live in Canada.

First of all, I pay ~$90 per year for Fightpass. My 13 month subscription to Dazn cost me $150 CDN.

In terms of overall video quality, Fightpass is far superior. The resolution is consistently higher, whereas I continually have quality issues with Dazn.

Also, Fightpass offers a massive library, which Dazn does not offer. It looks like Dazn is only keeping Bellator events up for a week or so before removing them.

As others have indicated, the Fightpass platform allows you to quickly browse and skip through ahead to any fight on the card. In addition, there's the "Markers" feature, which lets you quickly skip to highlights.

While Fightpass is not perfect, it's hard to argue that it doesn't deliver as advertised. Really, my biggest current issue with Fightpass is that certain prelims/events are blacked out. (But this isn't an issue with the Fightpass platform.)

Fightpass >>>> DAZN currently.
You make valid points but specifically what I care about is live content, FP doesn't have good live content. Dazn is still new so has a small library but they have all the brllator cards and canelo fights a Ton of other live sports as well.
Canelo Alvarez signs 11 fight deal with DAZN

giphy.gif
Yup saw that . It said 10 golden boy events, I wonder if that includes tito vs Chuck

I said this on another thread

DAZN is already better than both Fight Pass and ESPN+ because the app is on PS4

I use to tape trade mma shows from other countries prior to fight pass. Anyone saying it's trash app doesn't remember pre youtube mma era. You had to find people who had content around the world.

That Canelo deal basically imo makes Bellator a big threat to UFC keeping its fighters. If DAZN finds UFC fighters intriguing ala a Jon Jones, Khabib, Diaz etc... Basically i can see DAZN ponying up mula to give Coker outside of the deal they already get every year to try to sign fighters in which the UFC just cant hold on to. DAZN basically can go and offer straight up payouts every fight like Canelo then with the UFC giving a standard purse with PPV buys determining the rest of your payout. Just my thought and very interesting times in the combat world

Had zero issues with DAZN this far...

PS4 or Tablet...all good...

Sure they could work a little bit on the options in the menue...but it doesn't bother me that much...
I also have had zero issue with DAZN. Works great for me.

That Canelo deal basically imo makes Bellator a big threat to UFC keeping its fighters. If DAZN finds UFC fighters intriguing ala a Jon Jones, Khabib, Diaz etc... Basically i can see DAZN ponying up mula to give Coker outside of the deal they already get every year to try to sign fighters in which the UFC just cant hold on to. DAZN basically can go and offer straight up payouts every fight like Canelo then with the UFC giving a standard purse with PPV buys determining the rest of your payout. Just my thought and very interesting times in the combat world

Agree very intriguing. Canelo deal is massive. 75 million a year they need 8 millon paid $10 a month subscribers just to break even fight pass is under half a million. If they can get 8 millon plus that's a fuck load of people watching bellator.

If UFC is so horrible than the market will eventually tip to Bellators side.

Besides this thread not being about the ufc, that actually isn't true. There have been plenty of times where an inferior product won out for various reasons, including marketing.

I tried fightpass (just to watch Quintet). I wasn't impressed and canceled before my free 7 days trial was up.

Back