Days out and crickets on Bellator...

7 cards only on DAZN. Looks like this is one of them. I'm out for this one, I imagine this is the start of the end for Bellator, all the fans I know personally are just casuals who like the old guy fights. They aren't gonna get a separate service for this.

I care about the Ilima-Lei Macfarlane fight in December more then this fight or the Rory GP honestly....

Still not enough to sign up for DAZN

So there is a free trial and people are still complaining about not being able to watch it?

Sounds like people complaining about it being difficult to watch PFL prelims.
Will the free trial give me all 7 exclusive events? No. It won't. So basically I have to choose what the last Bellator card I want to watch is. Bellator isn't the top of the field, it's WCW. Some of the fighters are good, but I'll wait until they're in the UFC to watch them I guess. (Inb4 "but Gegard." If they offered him Woodley he'd bail on Bellator in a instant).

The more elite boxers DAZN can pick up (Golovkin, Canelo, Manny, Mikey etc.) it will benefit Bellator. It would mean more subscribers in general for the app that they can see going throw the DAZN library. During the AJ card they ran the Bellator card promo quite often. Not sure it will translate to getting views for Bellator but what events and high profile fighters Eddie Hearn can get will provide more people what Coker & Co. has to offer

Believe the entire 7 WW GP fights will be the 7 exclusive DAZN events. Lima/Koreshkov and Ruth/Gracie arent main events but both fights are on DAZN cards.

Then I'm guessing on Sat Coker announces MVP/Daley will main event a DAZN card in UK then Rory/Fitch then semis and finals will be main events.

Lima/Koreshkov and Gracie/Ruth arent big enough fights to headline so those two are just on the DAZN cards but every other fight after that will be the DAZN main events.

Where are you getting this from? DAZN only has Bellator 206 on their schedule. And Bellator's site is absolutely devoid of any details on how to watch their upcoming events. Last event I had to manually type bellator.com/live because they didn't even have a link to the live prelims on their site.

What's worse is whenever I click the menu button that chat/help box pops up. It does this when I try to scroll through the fight schedule.
I thought they said DAZN gets every event, just not all exclusive?

Where are you getting this from? DAZN only has Bellator 206 on their schedule. And Bellator's site is absolutely devoid of any details on how to watch their upcoming events. Last event I had to manually type bellator.com/live because they didn't even have a link to the live prelims on their site.

What's worse is whenever I click the menu button that chat/help box pops up. It does this when I try to scroll through the fight schedule.

"The nine-figure deal will feature seven exclusive stacked fight cards per year on DAZN and another 15 that are simulcast across Paramount Network and DAZN. All fights will stream in any country where DAZN is available. DAZN will launch in the U.S. and Italy in 2018, with the service already live in Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan"

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/mma/...sasi-rory-macdonald/mxw3y82qxt6h1noq6wydvt8vi

7 cards exclusively on DAZN. Looks like this is one of them. I'm out for this one, I imagine this is the start of the end for Bellator, all the fans I know personally are just casuals who like the old guy fights. They aren't gonna get a separate service for this.

Yep. Only a small proportion of the hardcore MMA fan base will do it. The average Bellator event generates little buzz, even among die hard fans. Few people will be willing to commit monthly cash to this. Success depends on what else DAZN can offer the consumer to entice him. Boxing is a good start.

I have Sling TV so it costs me $5/mo just for Paramount (well it includes a few other channels that I've never watched). So I can drop that and pay $5 more per month to keep getting Bellator but also some boxing. I guess that's worth it.

Yep. Only a small proportion of the hardcore MMA fan base will do it. The average Bellator event generates little buzz, even among die hard fans. Few people will be willing to commit monthly cash to this. Success depends on what else DAZN can offer the consumer to entice him. Boxing is a good start.
Yeah $20/month for a bunch of retired UFC/Pride guys is a bit much.

ill just stream it. not signing up for DAZN. and its shitty they decided to put the whole WW GP on there. thats their best tournament/collection of fights to date. it should not be exclusive to a paid streaming service when ur struggling to pull ratings on TV

I'll take:
Giblert Melendez wife,
Pico,
Koreshkov (tough call),
Rampage,
Moose

Putting it the week before Conor / Khabib just sorta screams Bellator poor decision making.

Since they switched to DAZN instead of cable or PPV, I figured they'd do more virtual marketing, but I personally haven't seen anything. I don't have cable, so commercials are out, but I still see ads for UFC events on social media; can't say the same for Bellator though. That's just some anecdotal testimony, but I personally had no idea the fight was coming up soon, just that it was eventually happening.

Gegard should bring Mike Ricci out in a mask.

I died

Yeah $20/month for a bunch of retired UFC/Pride guys is a bit much.

Are you in Canada I take it? It is $10 in america.

Sounds like people in Canada get football with their deal though? So the extra content there I guess explains the higher price point. At $10 it isn't bad at all for me.

Are you in Canada I take it? It is $10 in america.

Sounds like people in Canada get football with their deal though? So the extra content there I guess explains the higher price point. At $10 it isn't bad at all for me.
It's not crazy by itself, but I don't watch any other sport, and already have several other streaming services. Bader isn't gonna make the cut on this one.

I went looking for it on my guide yesterday and was disappointed to see that it's not on Paramount.

I'm not going to pay $150 a year just for the occasional Bellator headliner with one or two other semi-interesting fights. If I'm not busy Saturday evening I guess I'll probably get the urge to sign up for the trial. Hopefully before Lima-Koreshkov starts.

I'm pretty set in my TV watching habits. DAZN isn't a bad deal for all the Bellator events if I can access all the MLB and NFL games too, with playback that works as well as my DVR. But I already get as much of that as I want within my basic cable for about $45 a month, along with F1, UFC, Fight Network, and South Park.

I think they should broadcast on both DAZN and Paramount going forward. It's great that they're offering a way for those without cable to access it, but I don't think the cable subscribers are going to want to sign up and pay for even more TV service, especially since most of what DAZN offers is redundant to them.

I'd pay $150 a year for a MotoGP subscription before DAZN. I loved watching that and paid the extra $5 a month for Speed Channel back in the day. Then Speed died and it switched over to some $20 a month specialty soccer channel so I just let it go. I don't need to put additional money and effort into wasting even more time than I already do watching sports.

But I already get as much of that as I want within my basic cable for about $45 a month, along with F1, UFC, Fight Network, and South Park.
I guess you could get DAZN (all Bellator), ESPN+ (all UFC), and purchase the new season of South Park for $230 a year. Otherwise your cable currently costs $540 a year, and won't include many of the best Bellator and UFC cards.

Maybe it's still not yet worth the trade for you, but I know for what I watch, there is a major cost savings by cutting the cord and just buying streaming services that apply to me. Plus cable not offering so many of the MMA events live is kind of a deal breaker for me. They are falling way behind as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Back