Days out and crickets on Bellator...

DAZN may have been a great deal financially, but in the long-term, this will further reinforce Bellator's existing market penetration problems.

If you couldn't grow your audience on a cable TV station accessible to 93 million homes, then good luck doing it on a paid streaming service with <500,000 subscribers.

I agree. Streaming may be the future, but Bellator lacks the brand recognition of UFC / ESPN, and moving their content online is a riskier move for them than for UFC/ESPN. I want them to succeed, but I don’t think thst this is a good move.

Lol. What did you expect? They put all their best fights on a paid streaming service.

CelebratedFlickeringKentrosaurus-max-1mb.gif

I doubt I subscribe to this but I don't wanna miss the card anyone know of any bars that are going to air it?

I think Dave and Busters play all the Bellator cards live. I’d double check if there is one close to you, but D&B had a sponsorship with Bellator the past few years.

I'm signing up for Dazn. I'm an MMA fan, I'm a boxing fan, and I'd like to see them pull more content. Very excited about this card, even though I think the main event is kind of a stupid match up.

I'm excited for it, but really football steals my attention right now from prefight buildups. Not even Khabib vs Conor really captures my interest right now (it will on fight day) but unless people are literally fighting its all about fantasy football.

I agree. Streaming may be the future, but Bellator lacks the brand recognition of UFC / ESPN, and moving their content online is a riskier move for them than for UFC/ESPN. I want them to succeed, but I don’t think thst this is a good move.
According to Bob Arum all fights will be exclusively streamed by 2023.

My interest in Bellator is almost nonexistent due to the DAZN deal. I just assume the fights I want to see are going to be on DAZN, and I don't care.

this is exactly what I was saying. This is only going to shrink Bellators fanbase. Whoever signs up to dazn will just watch all the events on dazn commercial free since every event is simulcast and whoever doesnt sign up to dazn will lose interest in bellator because they wont get the dazn exclusive events. Either way paramount is losing viewers on its programming.

the last 2 bellator events drew less than 400k viewers (305k viewers and 340k viewers). The bleeding has already started. If these numbers arent good enough on primetime paramount network and viacom decides to move it to cmt the fanbase will shrink even more and even faster.

I dont know how viacom thought this deal would be good for bellator unless they are trying to sell it.

Last edited:
Hold up...this card isn't on Paramount Network (spike TV)?

I guess the Sherdog play by play will have to do.

They might as well put the title on David Arquette, because WCW is about to go under.

If you subscribe today you'll also get Fedor vs. Chael.

Where are you getting this from? DAZN only has Bellator 206 on their schedule. And Bellator's site is absolutely devoid of any details on how to watch their upcoming events. Last event I had to manually type bellator.com/live because they didn't even have a link to the live prelims on their site.

What's worse is whenever I click the menu button that chat/help box pops up. It does this when I try to scroll through the fight schedule.

Hold up...this card isn't on Paramount Network (spike TV)?

I guess the Sherdog play by play will have to do.

i thought i heard they would show events on both, then long term only on DAZN? either way i'm looking forward to their welterweight tournament!

Signed up last weekend for the joshua fight

Bellator are absolutely terrible at things like social media trailers and promos, shoulder programming in the form of short videos to build an event, putting free fights on YouTube, viral media, and so on. Basically, they do very little to go out and hook the fans or capture their attention. This is supposed to be a monster card, and it looks incredible on paper - so where is the promotion for it?!

Also - the poster emphasises Rampage vs Wanderlei far more than the actual main event. Typical Coker/Viacom approach.

Well, make a thread about the event that isn’t the typical armchair promoter/UFC shill shit and we can talk.

What do you want? Nobody on this card made their own whiskey.

That is the problem in a nutshell. Little to no promotion of what is one of Bellator's better cards to date, a headliner that any fan of MMA should want to watch, and launching a new platform. Call it whatever you want but it's hard to talk or get people to talk about an event that is completely flying under the radar and its the 2nd largest MMA org in the world.

They aren't even getting hardcore MMA fans to even care. Just look around the internet at the forums at the lack of any buzz and that is sign of complete failure. I think this event will do just awful numbers.

I guess my question is why isn't Bellator/Viacom and DAZN going all in on promoting this card/new platform?

DAZN makes it so that fans on the west coast will be able to watch the fights live. Outside of attending live events, I’ve never been able to watch Bellator live since the large majority of cards are on tape delay. Viacom has failed on this since day 1, which is why Bellator was never able to compete with the UFC. I don’t think DAZN is the answer, but at least people have the ability to watch live from all around the world. Too bad Viacom didn’t try making a deal with FOX since the UFC is leaving. FOX would have been able to put the events live on FS1/FS2, which will have significantly more viewership than DAZN.

So there is a free trial and people are still complaining about not being able to watch it?

Sounds like people complaining about it being difficult to watch PFL prelims.

So there is a free trial and people are still complaining about not being able to watch it?

Sounds like people complaining about it being difficult to watch PFL prelims.

Exactly. All the people complaining about wanting to watch this fight can just do the month trial and cancel after the first month. MMA fans can be the biggest complainers...

i thought i heard they would show events on both, then long term only on DAZN? either way i'm looking forward to their welterweight tournament!
7 cards exclusively on DAZN. Looks like this is one of them. I'm out for this one, I imagine this is the start of the end for Bellator, all the fans I know personally are just casuals who like the old guy fights. They aren't gonna get a separate service for this.

Last edited:
Back