Daycare at highschools | Page 2

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Mark Hunts FIST, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Bloodworth Double Yellow Card

Bloodworth
    These girls were like Between 11 and 18.
    Probably abused by the male staff.
    School was eventually shut down. This was a long time ago. I should Google it.
    Something like the wayside school for girls in valley stream.

freakyfarley and ripskater like this.
  2. Bloodworth Double Yellow Card

Bloodworth
    freakyfarley, Giblert and ripskater like this.
  3. m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

m52nickerson
    Thing is those "punishments" were not better for everyone. It did not teach the other kids lessons as when removing pregnant teen girls was the only response you continued to have increased in teen pregnancy. Out of sight, out of mind. For the girl and her child it normally meant an end to her education and less potential to support her child after birth.

4. panamaican Senior Moderator

panamaican
    For society? Probably free daycare.

Chick's already pregnant - either she gets an abortion or society steps in to help ensure that kid grows up to be productive member of society.

Otherwise, you have teenager with no job and no education raising a person who will eventually have an impact on adult society.

5. panamaican Senior Moderator

panamaican
    Which would be wrong. Hiding them away actually does nothing for society where as leaving them front and center makes other kids aware of how difficult it will make their lives.

There's an interesting study (I'll try to find it) that showed that in areas where MTV's "16 and Pregnant" was widely watched there was a larger drop off in teen pregnancies in the following years than in areas where MTV was less likely to be watched.

Exposure to the consequences of teen pregnancy is a strong preventative measure for other kids.

6. panamaican Senior Moderator

panamaican
  7. KILL KILL Gold Belt

KILL KILL
    You're assuming that a 15 year old girl is taking consequence into consideration before getting pregnant which is obviously not the case or else they wouldn't have gotten knocked up in the first place.

Instead, what you're doing is making it even more difficult on a newborn that is already fighting an uphill battle for having a mother that hasn't even reached adulthood.

freakyfarley, A_bomb47 and ShinkanPo like this.
  8. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    We've had both approaches, and which one has been proven to be more successful? Teenage pregnancies are at an all-time low now, are they not? I don't see how you can possibly argue that your approach of "punish the children whose parents made a bad choice" works better. Now if you want to argue that you get personal satisfaction from knowing that people who made important decisions rashly and their children are suffering, that's more of a matter of different values.

It really is a matter of putting sadism before what rationally can be expected to make society better for everyone in a lot of cases.

Swing, freakyfarley, bad seed and 3 others like this.
  9. FacePunch Double Yellow Card

FacePunch
    Forced sterilization.

10. PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

PainIsLIfe
    They didn't send kids off to punish them, they sent them off to save embarrassment for the family.

But to your question - I think it's better to have "free" day care so the teen can finish school. Without an education they aren't going to be very productive in life.

11. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

No no. The left says 'how can we help make others fix this for you, don't forget to vote'

12. Pwent Guest

Pwent
    I'm very right wing and push personal accountability but I think we should help those 16 and pregnants just because otherwise you are also punishing their children who have done nothing wrong

Raising a child at 16 is punishment enough

A better and more practical way to """punish""" if you really want, would be for men to have common sense and stop dating or marrying such girls so that it stops becoming normalized in our culture

lifelessheap and ShinkanPo like this.
  13. HomeCheese Brown Belt

HomeCheese
    The more we educate people the better off our society will be. I would think it's a pretty stupid option to give up on a 16 year old, probably would cost society much more to do this. Spend the money on the front end and save it on the back end.

Also, give these children access to birth control, planned parenthood and abortions.

14. VivaRevolution Double Yellow Card

VivaRevolution
    Considering we will all have to pay for the incarceration of that 16 year olds' child later, or we can reduce the chance of that by allowing the kids to stay in school and have a chance to still succeed, and there for their child to succeed, I agree with the daycare.

You want to punish the 16 year old, lets do that, forced abortion. That should be the punishment. IT should be done in a mock horror movie type scene. Bloody surgical equipment laying around, recorded screams in the background.

I mean if we are going to do scared straight, lets not half step.

Mark Hunts FIST and ShinkanPo like this.
  15. superpunch Red Belt

superpunch
    Do you seriously think that teens won't have unprotected sex because you charge them for daycare? wow

AnGrYcRoW likes this.
  16. VivaRevolution Double Yellow Card

VivaRevolution

Look at that bump in the early 90's.

17. Kafir-kun Gold Belt

Kafir-kun
    I think free daycare is good since it helps alleviate the negative effects on children's outcomes when it comes to teen moms and punishing a teen mom seems like it would only hurt her and her kid in the long run. But that said I think there should still be a strong social stigma against teen pregnancy. If you get pregnant at that age you're sort of shooting your kid in the foot most likely given what we know about the outcomes of teen(usually single) mothers.

Devout Pessimist and ShinkanPo like this.
  18. Mark Hunts FIST Brown Belt

Mark Hunts FIST
    Just got back from camping with the fam. Didn't mean to leave the convo.

Everyone had great points. Well shit, if teen birthrates are lower and dropping....pretty much fucks my whole unresearched idea. :)

I do wonder though....daycare at high schools are a newer idea. Could they reverse the trend of lower birthrates?

19. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

Fawlty
    When a person's moral compass starts spinning at the most simple proposition on the education of teen mothers, I don't know how that person can be reached by any appeal to reason or compassion.

20. ultramanhyata Silver Belt

ultramanhyata
    My lack of sexual activity in my early teens was a result of a combination of factors. First, my concern over the cost of potential daycare. Second, my inability to get laid.