David Teymur went from winning FOTN in a Vegas PPV to fighting a UFC newcomer on a UK undercard.

Rankings don't matter

Last year, David Teymur beat Lando Vannata in the co-main event of UFC 209, it was a fantastic fight and was awarded FOTN.

Back in December he was then relegated to the prelims of UFC 208 where he beat the then undefeated prospect Drakkar Klose, it wasn't a great fight but that was because Klose was being whiny and refused to engage.

Now he's fighting Don Madge, a 7-3 UFC newcomer on the undercard of a UK Fight Night.

It's ridiculous, Teymur is 4-0 in the UFC and not only can he not a ranked opponent, but he can't even get of the many higher profile unranked Lightweights in the UFC.

After Teymur beat Lando, Lando got Bobby Green who is a bigger name than Klose or Madge.
Don't hate the playerz... hate the game.

Look though... I don't know Don Madge... but I'm going to assume he's going to be a lower quality fighter than Green. So it's not such a bad thing for Teymur if he gets to crush another can & add an impressive 5 - 0 record to his UFC resume. Khabib made a career out of it & after beating his first top ranked fighter in RDA, he started demanding his title shot based on his record.

Just saying, it all bad news if they want to throw you back to the pre-lim. Pad that record & keep winning.

Last year, David Teymur beat Lando Vannata in the co-main event of UFC 209, it was a fantastic fight and was awarded FOTN.

Back in December he was then relegated to the prelims of UFC 208 where he beat the then undefeated prospect Drakkar Klose, it wasn't a great fight but that was because Klose was being whiny and refused to engage.

Now he's fighting Don Madge, a 7-3 UFC newcomer on the undercard of a UK Fight Night.

It's ridiculous, Teymur is 4-0 in the UFC and not only can he not a ranked opponent, but he can't even get of the many higher profile unranked Lightweights in the UFC.

After Teymur beat Lando, Lando got Bobby Green who is a bigger name than Klose or Madge.
It's all about having a good manager and David, clearly doesn't.

This is backwards , this is treatment saved for JBG Blasphemer's who practice the art of the hump , or maybe it was the only slot open , weird though .

That's some freaky threats.

<30>
That's probably a bit to do with why he's on the pre-lims... lol....

Lets get real here... the only reason most people are aware of him is because of that threat & his fight with Groovy. He's got some skills but his fan magnatism is a bit lacking.

He has been touched with the groove though... so maybe it will sync in for him eventually.

That's probably a bit to do with why he's on the pre-lims... lol....

Lets get real here... the only reason most people are aware of him is because of that threat & his fight with Groovy. He's got some skills but his fan magnatism is a bit lacking.

He has been touched with the groove though... so maybe it will sync in for him eventually.

Watch it.. better have 2 pairs of underwear for a few days just to be safe.

he wouldn't of been the comain event of that card if that card hadn't falling apart so bad the closer it got to fight time.

Its because they think he is Muslim when in fact he is a really legit kickboxer.

its sad lol teymur probably called them and said hey give me anyone i just wanna be active. teymur has top 10-top 5 skills from what ive seen

UFC is definitely fucked when it comes to matchmaking lately, rarely do you see a fight nowadays and go "damn, that sure is a good fight that makes alot of sense".

I don't know who the hell Don Madge even is, he sounds like some old school baseball hall of famer or something. I know who Teymur is, and he's beaten 2 highly ranked prospects consecutively. Thought for sure he'd get a fight in the top 15 with a guy like Pettis, not Don fucking Madge.

The UFC going full PRIDE with the matchmaking lately

please, don't be stupid. Pride had some weird stuff going on but, this is just pathetic as has the UFC matchmaking since WME took over.

Not sure... Let me call Sean Shelby. But in the end... can or not. Keep winning and your time will come.

From what I've heard, fighters ranked above Take care of your underwears have declined fighting him.

He is underrated, very tough, not a well known name, and its a big risk to fight him because there is a very good possibility he can beat most the guys in his division and no ranked fighter wants to lose to someone unknown to the casuals

...Back in December he was then relegated to the prelims of UFC 208 where he beat the then undefeated prospect Drakkar Klose, it wasn't a great fight but that was because Klose was being whiny and refused to engage...

I remember that fight; herbed ian really should have been censured after that shit. He was threatening to take a point from teymur because his opponent was being a whiny bitch.

I remember that fight; herbed ian really should have been censured after that shit. He was threatening to take a point from teymur because his opponent was being a whiny bitch.
Yeah it was a bizarre situation, in the first few minutes Teymur was landing at ease and all Klose was doing was taunting him and whining to the ref that he wasn't just standing right in front of him, and then Herb warned Teymur for timidity despite the fact than only Teymur had landed anything.

Back