David (Tank) Abbott at age 30

Tank was one of the first gifts the just bleed gods blessed us with...

How do you propose they faked it then? There were no special effects or ways to edit video back then.
There were no special effects or ways to edit video back then?

I knew Star Wars was real!!!!

The Thing, too.

Special and practical effects are as old as film.

Older, actually, if you consider stage tricks.

There were no special effects or ways to edit video back then?

I knew Star Wars was real!!!!

The Thing, too.

Special and practical effects are as old as film.

Older, actually, if you consider stage tricks.

One of my favorite horror films of all time, The Thing (1982)

tank-abbott.jpg

Why did he ever grow his hair back? and why did he style it like this?

He actually looked in really good shape the first time we saw him. His beer belly grew over time and he started to slow down.

A lot of what we remember is a severely past prime Tank. Early Tank was fast, explosive and vicious.

He was one of the first mma fighters with any personality at all. That's why the fans loved him,he poked fun at what was going on,and the humanoids in the crowd could relate to the fat street fighter with heavy hands more than a lifelong traditional martial artist.

Didn't he admit that was fake?
Yeah I don't know if he did or not but I have heard it was fake. And I do think it is fake. He is a big strong dude, but I don't think he was 600lb bench strong

Bro, how is everybody just ignoring his epic run with the Hart Foundation?
jim-anvil-neidhart.jpg

He was one of the first mainstream MMA fighters, he even appeared in Friends when the show was at its peak.

Last edited:
Look tank has definitely declined but his hair game has gotten better and better. tank_awards_final.jpg no one can compete with tanks hair game nowadays.

Tank sucks
His first couple appearances he was in good shape and could move really fast.

He gained weight really quickly and became less effective at landing his bombs. Most people just remember when he was past his prime but at age 30 he was a beast.

You scared the shit out of me. I thought Tank died or something.

This one hits me right in the feels. I started watching with UFC 1 and was like "Holy fuck!" when I first saw BJJ and then I was like "Holy fuck!" when I saw Tank for the first time in UFC 6. Not sure how many of you guys were old enough to have watched this event back then but Tank was really the first guy in the UFC that had crazy punching power, it was like Shane Carwin like crazy in my eyes at the time. Sure, by today's standards he is a total dinosaur and would get destroyed by most every HWT in the division but at the time he was the badest mofo on the block.

OG right here.

Watched UFC 1 with my dad. We where both hooked and still fans today.

Back