David (Tank) Abbott at age 30

War Tank. He got screwed badly at UFC 6.. because Oleg Takatarov vs Anthony Macias was a fixed fight, it was a 100% work.. Oleg got a free pass to the final and Tank did not. So unfair.

I love all the legend fighters you are doing recently Glove, keep it up. Yeah that 600 Ibs bench press is insane, I had read on the UG in the past that people were there at another time when he did 620 Ibs max bench press and many people were in the room to witness it. Tank was crazy strong!!
I do wanna say that Oleg deserved what he got here. He looked absolutely disgusted when Macias didn't try to fight him, if looks could kill...
Also, he did have to win another tough fights to get to the finals, so not quite a free pass.
The final of UFC 6 is the first "deep water" fight in UFC history in my opinion. Severn vs Gracie had that feel at UFC 4, but was really more of a stalemate. This was the first time two fighters both took incredible damage and kept fighting until Tank couldn't anymore and gave up the RNC.
Also, love the old school threads!!!! I watch that shit all the time, even now. Something so bad ass, it truly was "anything could happen"

I saw Tank get his shit pushed in at the strip club by the bouncer back in the day. Mind you, Tank was hammered and the bouncer was most likely sober.

Cheating, it clearly bounced off his massive tits. Not impressed, amateur bodybuilders life more.
Dude shut the fuck up ! let's see you bounce 600 lbs off your chest than rack it

The UFC was so bad then.
Prime Tank vs Prime Roy Nelson.... Nelson would have killed him via not gassing after 30s.

Roy Nelson is not really a marvel of fitness.

Yeah you can tell by his record. 6 ko wins from 25 fights and 1 win in a fight that went over 3 minutes.
I hate watching UFCs from that era again now. At the time I thought it was great but now it's barely recognisable as the same sport and I guess with the rule changes it isn't.
I've loved this sport since the mid to late 90's but you are absolutely right most of the old fights are unbearable to watch these days I have ufc 1 -76 on DVD

War Tank. He got screwed badly at UFC 6.. because Oleg Takatarov vs Anthony Macias was a fixed fight, it was a 100% work.. Oleg got a free pass to the final and Tank did not. So unfair.

I love all the legend fighters you are doing recently Glove, keep it up. Yeah that 600 Ibs bench press is insane, I had read on the UG in the past that people were there at another time when he did 620 Ibs max bench press and many people were in the room to witness it. Tank was crazy strong!!
Oleg also gave up 40m plus lbs lol
And it's also know that Frye got a pass apparently against Hall to fight in the Ultimate Ultimate 96 finals

Dude shut the fuck up ! let's see you bounce 600 lbs off your chest than rack it
giphy.gif

Amazing, his chin was granite and he was a really tough guy too. I loved that event, one of the best events by UFC.. I used to love how everything flowed, no ads and long breaks, everything was back to back, so easy to watch unlike now
I was watching some early UFC today, probably the most fun MMA events ever.

@Glove You should do Keith Hackney next - The giant killer, the Nut cracker - Legend.

hackney_yarborough-gif.1790
206yl3l.gif

I do wanna say that Oleg deserved what he got here. He looked absolutely disgusted when Macias didn't try to fight him, if looks could kill...
Also, he did have to win another tough fights to get to the finals, so not quite a free pass.
The final of UFC 6 is the first "deep water" fight in UFC history in my opinion. Severn vs Gracie had that feel at UFC 4, but was really more of a stalemate. This was the first time two fighters both took incredible damage and kept fighting until Tank couldn't anymore and gave up the RNC.
Also, love the old school threads!!!! I watch that shit all the time, even now. Something so bad ass, it truly was "anything could happen"
Yeah that final fight with Tank and Oleg was awesome, do you remember that Tank was fish-hooking Olegs mouth? haha. I love Tank but lets be honest he was easy for a rear naked choke.

Yeah I remember Oleg looks very angry after the fight and Macias just shrugging his shoulders, you could see from the walk out he didn't want to be in there. I used to love that period in UFC like 1995 - 1999, some epic events. UFC 6, UFC 8, UFC Ultimate Ultimate 2 and UFC 19 were so good

Its fake lol...I am not denying Tank was a strong guy, but this was nowhere near 600 lbs.
What ? why do you say that look at the bar bend 12 45lb plates plus the bar is 585 lbs

If we are doing threads about old school fighters, Enson Inoue deserves one.

Dude is the embodiment of what martial arts was meant to be.

Thanks for all your concerns guys. I'm A - OK. I wasn't actually knocked out in the fight. Tank hit me in an area of the brain that controls motor function, (after I tapped him). I went down and could not move at all, but I never lost consciousness.
It was a very strange feeling at first, but then I realized I could move; only not in the old way, but in a beautiful new way. I floated above the octagon, and could see in all directions at once. I saw my body below, and it was glowing like a star. I wept tears of joy. Yes friends, I feel more alive than ever.

Gumby Nelmark.

Tank was responsible for some of the earliest WTF moments which still stand the test of time even today when most are desensitized to the brutality of this sport.

I had watched MMA for years before I ever went back and watched Tank's fight. I was like WTF, this is too brutal.

If we are doing threads about old school fighters, Enson Inoue deserves one.

Dude is the embodiment of what martial arts was meant to be.

That's a good one Bobby, and i will do my best for that tomorrow night. He's one of my favorite fighters actually.

CT Fletcher is more crazy waaaar

UkY4DaZ.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a good one Bobby, and i will do my best for that tomorrow night. He's one of my favorite fighters actually.
He is my favorite fighter EVA!

And you're my new favorite TS.

Oleg also gave up 40m plus lbs lol
And it's also know that Frye got a pass apparently against Hall to fight in the Ultimate Ultimate 96 finals
Yeah I heard the same that Hall vs Frye was a work, lol poor Tank. Wasn't they training partners or something? and had been in the locker room training together

Back