David Simon Officially Apologizes For Killing Off You-Know-Who In The Wire, But...

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...there's a catch: You have to pay him $1,000 in political donations before he will do so. (If you wish, he'll apologize for the death of another character instead if that's what you want.)

https://slate.com/arts/2018/01/in-e...y-apologize-for-killing-omar-on-the-wire.html

Btw, the timeline for this has expired, since Simon was doing it to personally help raise $100,000 for Democratic candidates by the end of 2017, but still pretty cool regardless.

Funny way to raise funds.

Pretty sure Simon said most of the Wire's major characters including Omar are based on historical Baltimore rogues... in that case I'm sure Omar's life and death were all plotted out intentionally.

No need to apologize. He had it coming for killing Savino, plus the way he went out was poetic.

Wallace. Where the fuck is Wallace, String?

...there's a catch: You have to pay him $1,000 in political donations before he will do so. (If you wish, he'll apologize for the death of another character instead if that's what you want.)

https://slate.com/arts/2018/01/in-e...y-apologize-for-killing-omar-on-the-wire.html

Btw, the timeline for this has expired, since Simon was doing it to personally help raise $100,000 for Democratic candidates by the end of 2017, but still pretty cool regardless.

Explain this avatar you low-life mutt:

BAE39D85-7AC9-4042-885B-95E5FCF10837.png

Unknown fact

John C Reiley was who David Simon wanted to play McNulty but John never returned his call

The way he died kind of made sense tho. So many really good tie ins and tie ups in that show imo. Most shows struggle to end things properly and I thought this show did a pretty solid job with a lot of this.

Becides, Omar was supposed to die right away but the character stuck and ended up becoming a big part of the show.

Last edited:
I believe the guy who Omar was based on was actually on the show, in a minor role.

He was the henchmen that butchie sent to keep him safe in prison. He was with him up until the trap in the hotel room. He really did that jump out the window.

Funny way to raise funds.

Pretty sure Simon said most of the Wire's major characters including Omar are based on historical Baltimore rogues... in that case I'm sure Omar's life and death were all plotted out intentionally.

Nah, the four people that Omar was based on all made it out of "the game" alive, ironically enough.

The way he died kind of made sense tho. So many really good tie ins and tie ups in that show imo. Most shows struggle to end things properly and I thought this show did a pretty solid job with a lot of this.

Becides, Omar was supposed to die right away but the character stuck and ended up becoming a big part of the show.

That was actually a misunderstanding on the actor's (Michael K. Williams) part. He thought because they told him they only needed him for a certain number of episodes that he was meant to die, but in actuality it was because that was all they needed him for that season, and they didn't know they would be green lit for another season.

A major character was meant to parish in season one though before they changed their minds, but it was Kima, not Omar.

That was actually a misunderstanding on the actor's (Michael K. Williams) part. He thought because they told him they only needed him for a certain number of episodes that he was meant to die, but in actuality it was because that was all they needed him for that season, and they didn't know they would be green lit for another season.

A major character was meant to parish in season one though before they changed their minds, but it was Kima, not Omar.

TBH, i thought Kima should've died, particularly after that ambush.

Back on topic, Simon doesn't need to apologize to me over Omar's death. Omar lived by the sword, only fitting for him to die by the sword. I was okay with how and who was responsible.
Wallace though.....

Only problem I had with Omar's death was that fucking scrub Michael taking over his role.

Back