David Rickels should be ashamed of himself

Any news on the severity of the injury? If you feel your orbital explode, then a verbal submission is understandable. This is a career and a badly damaged orbital can become a career ender if it gets hit with another power shot, which no doubt MVP was soon to land.

If he just submitted due to recognizing he was totally outclassed, then wow. MVP should be tremendously proud, because criticize Rickels all you want, but he has proven in his career up to this point to be a game, tough fighter. To make him quit means that MVP is legitimately scary to his opponents.

Rickels isn’t a great fighter, but he is good enough to be a real test. That said, he didn’t test MVP. Everyone knew MVP was the better striker. What we all wonder is how MVP will do when he is pressed against the cage or forced to the mat. So I was a little disappointed to not see Rickels even attempt that. Especially because the one and only thing Rickels did well was cutoff the ring and force MVPs back to the cage. I was anticipating Rickels throwing a feint or two or a real cross and then going for a body lock.

Anyway, I like MVP. I think he’s legit. But we haven’t even seen him tested against even a very good striker. I hope this was his last grooming fight. It’s time.

Any news on the severity of the injury? If you feel your orbital explode, then a verbal submission is understandable. This is a career and a badly damaged orbital can become a career ender if it gets hit with another power shot, which no doubt MVP was soon to land.

If he just submitted due to recognizing he was totally outclassed, then wow. MVP should be tremendously proud, because criticize Rickels all you want, but he has proven in his career up to this point to be a game, tough fighter. To make him quit means that MVP is legitimately scary to his opponents.

Rickels isn’t a great fighter, but he is good enough to be a real test. That said, he didn’t test MVP. Everyone knew MVP was the better striker. What we all wonder is how MVP will do when he is pressed against the cage or forced to the mat. So I was a little disappointed to not see Rickels even attempt that. Especially because the one and only thing Rickels did well was cutoff the ring and force MVPs back to the cage. I was anticipating Rickels throwing a feint or two or a real cross and then going for a body lock.

Anyway, I like MVP. I think he’s legit. But we haven’t even seen him tested against even a very good striker. I hope this was his last grooming fight. It’s time.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO POST NICE!!!

Rickels best chance was to strike just enough to get him to back up against the cage and try and grind him for the takedown or dirty box like nah shon did to mvp.Was pretty posses he decided to try an out showboat MVP rather then outclass him technically.

Crazy to see the transformation happen live as Rickels just wilted......started fight dancing ended it waving off the fight.

I agree ppl should chill on calling him a bitch until we find out if he was injured cuz that coulda tore his retina or broke a bone. But if he just gave up then free game lol.

I used to like Rickels, until I realized he really is just a clown being carefully curated by Bellator in the mold of professional wrestling. The formula has been the same for years: give Rickels a few tomato cans to put a few wins in a row on his record, then have him job to whoever you're promoting as a superstar, so Rickels can 'put him over' by losing. Of course, Rickels never tries to lose, they just pretend he's of the same class as the fighter they're matching him with after giving him the cans to crush. The cans allow the sanctioning body to believe that Rickels is in the same class so they will allow the fight to take place. The guy goes from fighting Chandler to some nobody named Aaron Derrow just to pad his record up enough to make the MVP fight look like a legit matchup. But of course it wasn't. It never is with Rickels; either he's over-matched or under-matched... Now that the tournament format is gone, they can play with him like it's the WWF. Coker is a joker.

I want to know what MVP said to him after the last shot landed. I think Rickles thought his brain was leaking out of his ear or something lol.
Looked like "you're fucked" and some MF'ers.

I think David figured his orbital bone was crushed, and that he couldn’t see shit out of that eye.

Never go full f-tard.

Conor McGregor quote of course. Who else?
Typical Conor fan.
I’m not saying Conor hasn’t said it, because he did but...

Fun fact....most of the shit that comes out of Conor’s mouth is recycled. He’s a schtick environmentalist.

Had no answer to Page. No need to keep getting hurt. Fight another day.

A part of me feels it was what Chael was talking about. The fear of having something done to him similar to what happened to Cyborg. He had no answers and as the fight went on he felt he was getting closer and closer to getting his skull caved in so he quit.

Yeah, Barnett tapping to Mirko the 3rd time comes to mind as well and you wouldn't call him mentally weak.

Talked all that crap, then folded as soon as he found an escape. They should have locked the cage and forced him to fight until he shits himself. I have never seen such a quick shift from "confidence" to scared as soon as he realised there is levels to this and that MVP is his daddy.

Hopefully he sticks to cleaning the matts at the gym and stops fighting.

You know who should be ashamed of themselves? Michael Venom Page, the guys obviously a coward himself. He has the gumption to talk shit and showboat in fights, but seemingly refuses to fight anyone decent, he hasn't even beaten a legitimate prospect yet. We're talking about a 31 year old man, who's been fighting in pro MMA for going on 7 years, is 13-0. People foolishly claim this guy to be gods gift to striking and he's fighting a washed up, never was, Lightweight in David Rickels who never had the skills to even be top 100 at 155lbs....and Page is a huge Welterweight. I mean what gives? This guy's career is beyond a joke, he's fighting opponents at such a low caliber no wonder they give up, they were never supposed to be a threat in the first place.

You know who should be ashamed of themselves? Michael Venom Page, the guys obviously a coward himself. He has the gumption to talk shit and showboat in fights, but seemingly refuses to fight anyone decent, he hasn't even beaten a legitimate prospect yet. We're talking about a 31 year old man, who's been fighting in pro MMA for going on 7 years, is 13-0. People foolishly claim this guy to be gods gift to striking and he's fighting a washed up, never was, Lightweight in David Rickels who never had the skills to even be top 100 at 155lbs....and Page is a huge Welterweight. I mean what gives? This guy's career is beyond a joke, he's fighting opponents at such a low caliber no wonder they give up, they were never supposed to be a threat in the first place.

Fernando Gonzales was on a 5 fight streak over good competition before losing to MVP. Fight wasn't a barn burner but to say he hasn't beaten any decent fighters is just not true.

That said he NEEDS RANKED COMPETITION!!!

Paul princess Daley won't fight him so give him anyone else that's ranked pretty sure his next fight is the last on his contract so will be interesting to see which way they go.

I dont get why he' stand with MVP. Makes no sense.

I was screaming like BJ Penn when he cornered Andy Wang in the Ultimate Fighter...

"Take him down! TAKE HIM down!"

Meh. Looked like his eyebrow exploded, he immediately got blood in his eyes and said fuck it, this is only gonna get worse. Kind of a pussy move, but also just realistic. Already getting hit at will and now you can't see it coming? Fuck it. Page should have swarmed to finish in the first anyway. It's seriously time for Page to get some real competition. If not a good wrestler, at least a better striker. I love watching him, but we have the highlight reels now. Let's see what he can do.

Pretty sure it was DC before he starched Volkan that started the whole "there's levels to this young man" meme.

I've been watching David Rickels for years and not once have I ever got the impression he was remotely close to being one of Bellator's premier guys, just a clown and a hometown guy they could throw in the Kansas Star Arena whenever Bellator was in the midwest.

Rickels will never be one of those Bellator guys you sit and think "could he hack it in the UFC?" Like Michael Chandler, the Pitbull bros, MVP, Shlemenko, Lima, Dantas, etc. He isn't that guy and in my opinion the cartoon-esque walk-outs with the cheap props only hurt him being taken seriously as a professional fighter, not helped him.

I'm sure Bellator will feed Rickels a couple tomato cans for him to beat and then give him someone good again and rinse & repeat. He's been around since the Bjorn days, and I doubt he's going anywhere for the moment.

What's next for MVP? I say make a big deal in cage about Daley's Bellator beef than have Coker say he has a present for him if he stays. At this point bring out Koscheck and MVP (two guys he has beef with), make it all pro wrestle promo like.

Daley v Koscheck (this first since Daley will win and it will hype things)

Next

Daley v MVP

Back