David Reilly/Undisputed Tucson?

TheJewBear

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys. I may be moving to Tucson in the near future and am looking at David Reilly's MMA gym, Undisputed.

I've never heard of him, but I'm also not the best-learned guy with MMA names. Can anyone tell me anything about the gym, the area or David Reilly? Lineage, reputation/credibility etc. Just wondering if this is the best place in the area to set up shop and train.

Thanks,

Jewbear

I train there, any specific questions?

I have trained a couple different places in town and I think this is easily the best. We have a huge mat space w/ 3-4 classes per day. Also we have a large group of people w/ a solid competition team. If you aren't interested in competition there are plenty of people that don't and just train hard for fun.

There are early morning classes, 7am. Morning classes at 1030am. Also note we do Gi and Nogi (I do both everyday) everyday. Nogi is from 6-700, and Gi is from 7-8 everyday.

Being a part of the BJJ group is good too, bc we have an ENTIRE gym/work out equipment (tires, ropes etc) you can use anytime. (Some people pay just to use the facility as a gym). The facility is basically open from 530am-9/930 pm every weekday. The gym is also open on Saturday - Sunday as well.

People meet up all the time on off hours to drill or work out together. A lot of good MMA fighters and BJJers come through all the time to train w/ us too. In fact we recently had a Jt Torres seminar that David paid for meaning it was free for anyone to go to, even if you weren't a part of our team.

The price is reasonable for all this and everyone trains hard but we have a great friendly atmosphere.

As for David he is a legit black belt instructor who still competes and is a great, knowledgeable guy. David never minds helping anyone w/ any questions. He is a great coach and friend. He is a black belt under Shawn Hammonds. Currently we are part of TAC Team BJJ under Jared Weiner.

Last edited:
Think you basically covered it bjjaz, thanks! I just hadn't heard anything from anybody about the place, didn't recognize any names etc.

I trained under Jared when I lived in Philly for a few months. That's awesome that your gym is under the new TAC Team. Guess I can keep my BJJU patch on my gi.

Especially love the fact that you guys have a full weight gym there too so I don't have to get a regular gym membership in addition. Everything looks great.

I'll hit you up if/when I move down there. Hope everything works out.

I train there, any specific questions?

I have trained a couple different places in town and I think this is easily the best. We have a huge mat space w/ 3-4 classes per day. Also we have a large group of people w/ a solid competition team. If you aren't interested in competition there are plenty of people that don't and just train hard for fun.

There are early morning classes, 7am. Morning classes at 1030am. Also note we do Gi and Nogi (I do both everyday) everyday. Nogi is from 6-700, and Gi is from 7-8 everyday.

Being a part of the BJJ group is good too, bc we have an ENTIRE gym/work out equipment (tires, ropes etc) you can use anytime. (Some people pay just to use the facility as a gym). The facility is basically open from 530am-9/930 pm every weekday. The gym is also open on Saturday - Sunday as well.

People meet up all the time on off hours to drill or work out together. A lot of good MMA fighters and BJJers come through all the time to train w/ us too. In fact we recently had a Jt Torres seminar that David paid for meaning it was free for anyone to go to, even if you weren't a part of our team.

The price is reasonable for all this and everyone trains hard but we have a great friendly atmosphere.

As for David he is a legit black belt instructor who still competes and is a great, knowledgeable guy. David never minds helping anyone w/ any questions. He is a great coach and friend. He is a black belt under Shawn Hammonds. Currently we are part of TAC Team BJJ under Jared Weiner.

Thanks for the very detailed info. What are the prices, exactly? Does pricing depend on number or types of classes taken? Is there a monthly/annual contract?

Thanks for the very detailed info. What are the prices, exactly? Does pricing depend on number or types of classes taken? Is there a monthly/annual contract?

Hey there! Well the previous post was about 5 years ago. We now have about 7 black belts at the school (me included), including Nic Gregoriades teaching classes. As for the exact pricing I'm not entirely sure, because as you said, depends on what kind of membership you are looking for.

Back