David Price - please....dont get hurt

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
So he is courting the "nearly man" narrative, but it is clear his handlers dont give a shit about him, as he has been matched up against another big puncher(and it doest take a big puncher to get Price out of there).

They have switched his opponent at the last minute(WTF are his management team doing?) so he not fighting an average fighter, to build him up again, but another fighter who is going to hurt him.

I think he is managed by Hatton now, and Hatton is probably not the wisest person to take advice off considering his alcohol and drug abuse, and his stupid decisions in his own career.

Even if he wins, it needs to be his last fight, Price can clearly punch, but he should not be fighting anyone decent anymore.

Yep, it's sad. If he keeps on fighting too long he's going to be left with permanent brain damage because the guy will keep on getting KOd. He might have already suffered badly in that department and symptoms just aren't showing yet.

He could also be completely fine. A few nasty looking KOs may not affect the brain as badly as a 25 year boxing career and the sheer accumulation of punches

He could also be completely fine. A few nasty looking KOs may not affect the brain as badly as a 25 year boxing career and the sheer accumulation of punches
Exactly. He dies from one punch every time he just isn't good at boxing.

His addiction to getting iced is kind of disturbing.

If hes not learned from the 5 recent KO losses he never will. I don't like seeing fighters badly hurt or putting themselves at risk of serious injury. Id rather he retired after Povetkin and fear for his health as he gets older if he carries on. I watch his fights from behind the sofa nowadays

Last edited:
I don't understand why his family or friends haven't stepped in at this point

C'mon price.

Though the more he goes the more I think he will die one day from a brutal knock out. Man that big falling that hard, if the KO doesn't give him CTE hitting the ring that hard from that height will.

He may well get KO'd again. But equally don't be surprised if Price wins this fight handily either.

I dont think he has ever earned good money to be fair.
He's a big name in British Boxing and has been for a few years. I reckon he's earnt a decent chunk of change. More than plumbing anyway

He's a big name in British Boxing and has been for a few years. I reckon he's earnt a decent chunk of change. More than plumbing anyway
depends what they mean by good money..

He fought tony Thompson twice and at that point i think he was making a few hundred thousand.. at this point I think he'd be lucky to bank 100k

I think price can win this fight though.

He’s heavily odds on to get KO’d again. That is not a good sign.

What i hate about this situation, is that he was clearly being given a fight to get him back on track, and it has changed at the last minute so he is fighting someone with a decent punch.

Even if he has the shittiest family in the world, surely it is a job of the trainer/mamanger to step in and tell him he needs to walk away or he will really suffer later in life, and it seems that they are doing the exact opposite and telling him he can still make it.....

It's not going to end well this story

Back