David Lemiuex vs James Kirkland or Hugo Centeno on HBO Dec 16

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cotto ducked him and BJ Saunders priced himself out.

Cotto apparently had some concerns about meeting Lemieux (38-3, 33 KOs) at the middleweight limit of 160-pounds.

The Montreal Journal reports that two of the opponents being mentioned for Lemieux include Hugo Centeno (26-1, 14 KO) and James Kirkland (32-2, 28 KO). Regarding Kirkland, that would be a hard sell for an HBO headliner. Kirkland has been inactive since getting brutally knocked out by Canelo Alvarez in May of 2015. Centeno is another matter, after scoring a brutal knockout of undefeated Immanuwel Aleem in August.
http://www.boxingscene.com/david-le...-121226?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Kirkland vs Lemiuex would be ok I guess.

Centeno is the better fight so hopefully that happens.

There's going to be much heading punching in this fight.

Kirkland hasn't fought in 2 and a half years since getting KO'd. It will probably be fun but hopefully it's Centeno instead. Kirkland should look for an easier fight.

I'm not sure that I'd want to see Kirkland killed by Lemieux. Kirklands chin is in shambles... he'd get stopped in 1 round.

Please don't be Kirkland ! He has no business being the headliner against Lemieux

Live look into Kirkland's brain

sunnysideupapr500_2.jpg

Kirkland's brain after the Lemi fight;

perfectly-burnt-fried.jpg

This is not healthy for Kirkland. He probably isn't getting paid all that much if he does end up getting the fight, anyway.

With Anne Wolf in James' corner....why not?

I doubt him and Wolf get back together after their last falling out, whatever happened (really the only thing I ever thought she brought to Kirkland was consistency and discipline). Given his KO losses and the fact that he's got to shake off two years of ring rust (and he's never been the best at self motivation) this all smells bad to me. Kirkland is going to get badly hurt again.

I doubt him and Wolf get back together after their last falling out, whatever happened (really the only thing I ever thought she brought to Kirkland was consistency and discipline). Given his KO losses and the fact that he's got to shake off two years of ring rust (and he's never been the best at self motivation) this all smells bad to me. Kirkland is going to get badly hurt again.
I kinda agree. Anne wolf as an actual trainer is unimpressive. She just was on kirkland a shit load and put him thru a boot camp in training. So he was sharp and ready to go come fight time. the only times he has lost is without anne, not because anne is eddie futch reincarnated, but because he lacks focus and doesn't really seem to train the right way without her

She's definitely still a terrifying woman no doubt though

Last edited:
I kinda agree. Anne wolf as an actually trainer is unimpressive. She just was on kirkland a shit load and put him thru a boot camp in training. So he was sharp and ready to go come fight time. the only times he has lost is without anne, not because anne is eddie futch reincarnated, but because he lacks focus and doesn't really seem to train the right way without her

She's definitely still a terrifying woman no doubt though

Yeah I don't want to take anything away from her, because I don't really know of any other pupils she's had besides Kirkland (which could mean something or might not). I just don't think Kirkland is that trainable. I think the most you can do with him is get him in shape, and even that's a struggle.

I'm not sure that I'd want to see Kirkland killed by Lemieux. Kirklands chin is in shambles... he'd get stopped in 1 round.

The whole fight is basically a hostage situation.

David is saying if someone with a name doesn't fight him he's going to kill Kirkland.

We need a Bruce Willis or Liam Neeson type fighter to step in and combat the Canadian Terror.

The whole fight is basically a hostage situation.

David is saying if someone with a name doesn't fight him he's going to kill Kirkland.

We need a Bruce Willis or Liam Neeson type fighter to step in and combat the Canadian Terror.

I really want to steal that and put it on Twitter.

Breaking News: David Lemieux involved in hostage situation; demands A-list bout or he's going to kill Kirkland. #boxing #LemieuxKirkland

I really want to steal that and put it on Twitter.

Breaking News: David Lemieux involved in hostage situation; demands A-list bout or he's going to kill Kirkland. #boxing #LemieuxKirkland

Permission granted!

Permission granted!

I wasn't really going to, but I think that's just a solid joke that people should see. Let's kick our feet up and see if it resurfaces here in a few days.

Permission granted!

I wasn't really going to, but I think that's just a solid joke that people should see. Let's kick our feet up and see if it resurfaces here in a few days.

As you guys probably know, I'm the self proclaimed best poster in the boxing forum 3 years running, so suffice it to say I know a good post when I see one. That was a hilarious post/tweet. Deserves myriad likes and retweets, but then again sometimes greatness goes unrecognized, hence why Jennifer Aniston has never bothered to have sex with me.

lol at "Cotto ducked him."

Back