David Lemieux's Manager Would Love To Secure Miguel Cotto

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The one fighter Lemieux's manager Camille Estephan would love to secure is former four division world champion Miguel Cotto, who returns to the ring in late June or early July. But even Estephan doubts Cotto would even consider such a dangerous fight at this point in his career. Cotto wants to retired by the end of 2017. "[I would like to get] Cotto, Miguel Cotto.

I do not know if he's going to want to [fight Lemieux], because he's at the end of his career. It would be a really nice fight," Estephan said. "All of the doors are open for David and he deserves it. His international fame is higher than any other Quebec boxer in history - be it Bute, Pascal, Lucas or Gatti. David is at that point and overtakes all of them." - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/david-le...ure-miguel-cotto--116528#sthash.tYSTLgtn.dpuf

David wins via stoppage.

Last edited:
David wins inside 3 rounds or gets wrecked.

I like him overall as a fighter but it's so odd how he looks perfectly fine in some rounds and washed up in others within the same damn fight. How do you go from sturdy legs to semi-punch drunk wobble sticks over and over again without even getting hit clean? Like he's got multiple personalities or something. Dr Jekyll and Mr shot.

Cotto won't do it though. No chance at all. He is an absolute diva when it comes to getting paid these last few years(good for him)and there is no way the Canadian version of Corrie Sanders generates enough to pay Cotto what he usually gets. He made over 7 million for putting an already shot Sergio out of his misery. Minimum of 10 million for fighting Mayweather. At the very least he got 15 million for going at it with Gingersnaps. Pepe Lemieux cannot generate that kind of revenue regardless of his opponent.

I bet he would but it's not happening.

Eh Just going for the name I guess , I wish I could see him against Jacobs

Cotto and his management:
post-23747-Oprah-shaking-head-NO-gif-Imgu-SO8b.gif

Easy win for Cotto.

Lemieux is getting a lot of hype right now because he has power, but thats all he has. Any elite level fighters are going to school him.

Lemi gets boxed to pieces.

Easy win for Cotto.

Lemieux is getting a lot of hype right now because he has power, but thats all he has. Any elite level fighters are going to school him.

I don't know about that , cotto is really past his best. I agree elite level fighters should school him I don't know if cotto is still in the realm of the elite.

I don't know about that , cotto is really past his best. I agree elite level fighters should school him I don't know if cotto is still in the realm of the elite.
I think his drop off would need to be a lot more dramatic than when he fought Canelo.

One big thing that keeps this from happening is weight. Lemieux probably can't even make 160 anymore. Cotto won't fight at 160.

Cotto is still one of the best in the business. He gave Canelo a good scrap and before that fight we were saying this may be the best Cotto has ever looked. He would take Lemi to school.

If they could come to an agreement in weight I'd think Cotto should win. Lemieux hasn't beaten anyone the caliber of Cotto. That said, if Cotto is retiring at the end of the year, Lemieux is a dangerous match that Cotto's management will probably avoid.

Back