David Haye v Tony Bellew

Started watching from round 3. From what I seen, it was a great fight with two great boxers and all I see is people nitpicking at everything they done wrong, too many keyboard warriors here.
Lol what? Hayes blow out his achilles and bellew still was getting tagged clean by him. How is pointing that out being a keyboard warrior?

That left an incredibly sour taste in the mouth. I think the presence and reaction of Hearn made it even worse, rather classless.

Not sure if Bellew should take any satisfaction from that, given how compromised Haye was, for so long. Incidentally, if a rematch were made I'd still pick Haye to win. Ultimately, I think both of their bank accounts would appreciate that - The significance of which was evidenced by their post-fight interview.

agree with this! Even though he lost I actually think he still comes out with more credit. Ridiculous that he fought for almost half the fight on one leg. Tony gets the w but haye would've either got the late stoppage, of wide points margin. Fairly confident on that

Hopefully he hasn't made the injury far worse by continuing. He should've been pulled out of the fight, but bellew said he'd make him quit! In reality it was an unfortunate injury but that's possibly why haye kept fighting

Yeah exactly.
Sometimes whem I'm tired in boxing, MMA, or basketball I start limping even if it doesnt hurt just out of fear it will snap again.
So you would recommend PRP????????

Yeah sure whats there to lose other than a bit of cash. I tried just resting and bits of rehab but my elbow would flare up again and again. In theory it sounds right with getting the blood into the area where there's very little bloodflow

Yeah sure whats there to lose other than a bit of cash. I tried just resting and bits of rehab but my elbow would flare up again and again. In theory it sounds right with getting the blood into the area where there's very little bloodflow
Thats how im looking at it now.
At first my physical therapist and surgeon both claimed it wasnt worth the money from the studies they looked at. Plus it seems like everyone I talked to who has had it says its just "ok." Haven't heard too many people that were 100% convinced it made a huge difference. Its pretty expensive and im guessing it probably requires more than one treatment @ like $800 a pop. I know somebody who had a micro tear and after one PRP treatment they were still having issues.

If they market it right, this might actually go in Haye's favour for getting a better fight (but not with any kind of leverage in negotiations).

Nobody comes back 100% from that kind of injury and Haye is now no longer the high risk low reward potential banana skin he was before. Keep his arrogant mouth shut, eat humble pie, sell him as a gritty underdog hero who got unlucky and we brits will lap up a UK/UK fight with AJ or Fury. We brits really are that easy to please.

Thats how im looking at it now.
At first my physical therapist and surgeon both claimed it wasnt worth the money from the studies they looked at. Plus it seems like everyone I talked to who has had it says its just "ok." Haven't heard too many people that were 100% convinced it made a huge difference. Its pretty expensive and im guessing it probably requires more than one treatment @ like $800 a pop. I know somebody who had a micro tear and after one PRP treatment they were still having issues.

Fuck thats expensive. I just got it done once about 4-5 years ago, and it cost the equivalent of $200 (Ireland). But I suppose altogether with getting the diagnosis and then the fee of the actual consultation when getting the injection it came to around $600.

The achilles probably needs more than the tendons in the elbow. Its hard enough doing the rehab properly. Miss a day here or there and its kinda half assed. I think thats a problem for a lot of people

Fuck thats expensive. I just got it done once about 4-5 years ago, and it cost the equivalent of $200 (Ireland). But I suppose altogether with getting the diagnosis and then the fee of the actual consultation when getting the injection it came to around $600.

The achilles probably needs more than the tendons in the elbow. Its hard enough doing the rehab properly. Miss a day here or there and its kinda half assed. I think thats a problem for a lot of people
Ok that makes sense. Yeah i actually went to the hospital 4x a week for rehab and PT. I also had my own morning rehab for like 15-20 mins everyday. I was religions with it. It helped a lot though. Plus my PT was smoking hot. Lol but she was married.

If they market it right, this might actually go in Haye's favour for getting a better fight (but not with any kind of leverage in negotiations).

Nobody comes back 100% from that kind of injury and Haye is now no longer the high risk low reward potential banana skin he was before. Keep his arrogant mouth shut, eat humble pie, sell him as a gritty underdog hero who got unlucky and we brits will lap up a UK/UK fight with AJ or Fury. We brits really are that easy to please.

lol aren't we just!

Bellew's chin surprised me

Why didn't his corner stop the fight after the end of the round where the injury occurred, the moment haye said his leg was fucked ?

He could have gotten knocked out by bellow which would have been really embarrassing and worsen his injury. He showed a heart of lion but also took alot of unnecessary shots, what was his corner thinking ?

Bellew said he would make haye quit! I think that was in the back of his mind when The injury happened. Ridiculous that he carried on for another 6 rounds. the fight was over at that point but maybe haye felt he had a point to prove. He's lucky that there's no further damage to his Achilles

Bellew's chin surprised me
I don't know about you guys, but Haye seemed off from the get go... It's like he WANTED a finish in the first round, he looked desperate...His balance was a joke..

I don't know about you guys, but Haye seemed off from the get go... It's like he WANTED a finish in the first round, he looked desperate...His balance was a joke..

very likely, but bellew held up well and even rocked him

Back