David Haye v Tony Bellew

Also worth remembering that Bellew took some hard shots from Haye early on and dealt with them.

I feel your pain man. Well mine was just a micro tear near the point if insertion into the heel bone. Took months of rehabilitation to get back to 'normal' and still have to look after it
Thank goodness it was a micro tear.
Mine was a complete rupture. They wouldnt let me leave the hospital. They wanted to cut mine out completely and graft in one from a dead person. I refused that and hopped out of there...lol. I did this experimental air cast and extreme PT from a sports orthopedic surgeon . I retore it the same week I ditched the cast. They cleared me to do treadmill. I was doing like 5 miles a day. I figured i could easily play basketball since it held up to that. It retore the first play of the game. Im going to try PRP next.

Because he lost. Injuries and durability count in boxing. Plus before the tear he was in the fight and giving Haye trouble.
It counts as a loss on the records it counts as a loss to the bookies and Vegas. It is what it is. Thats boxing. Stuff like this happens ALL the time.
Robberies count as losses but do you accept them? No of course not. Bellew wasn't giving Haye trouble he was losing every single bloody round. Yes Haye didn't look as good as he has in the past but he was still winning that fight comfortably when the injured occurred. Only way you count this as a real loss is if you hate Haye.

Also worth remembering that Bellew took some hard shots from Haye early on and dealt with them.
What does that matter? Can you conclusively say he would survive a few more of them? No you can't. He himself said he couldn't take many more of Hayes shots. Why are people so reluctant to label this for what it is, A FLUKE WIN.

A fluke win in which I won't give Bellew any credit for.

Robberies count as losses but do you accept them? No of course not. Bellew wasn't giving Haye trouble he was losing every single bloody round. Yes Haye didn't look as good as he has in the past but he was still winning that fight comfortably when the injured occurred. Only way you count this as a real loss is if you hate Haye.
-Bellew won at the very least 1 round pre injury...so that kills "losing every single bloody round."
-Im on record saying Haye decapitates Bellew. So that kills "you hate Haye." I was and have always rooted for him
- I dont call a lot of fights "robberies" like a lot of people on here too. Scoring is subjective. A lot of people love calling extremely close and subjective fights "robberies."

Thank goodness it was a micro tear.
Mine was a complete rupture. They wouldnt let me leave the hospital. They wanted to cut mine out completely and graft in one from a dead person. I refused that and hopped out of there...lol. I did this experimental air cast and extreme PT from a sports orthopedic surgeon . I retore it the same week I ditched the cast. They cleared me to do treadmill. I was doing like 5 miles a day. I figured i could easily play basketball since it held up to that. It retore the first play of the game. Im going to try PRP next.

Ouch! But its worth a shot. I got PRP on the tendons in my elbow a few years ago and it seemed to help along with the rehab. The achilles though, doing that eccentric loading on a box with weights and the feeling you're going to snap it, sucks!

What does that matter? Can you conclusively say he would survive a few more of them? No you can't. He himself said he couldn't take many more of Hayes shots. Why are people so reluctant to label this for what it is, A FLUKE WIN.
Because the rules for boxing and official results matter more than your assumptions and opinion. Injuries change fights on every boxing card. It sucks. Its not ideal. Its tainted. But they still count. Is it the same as winning a legit decision or by KO/TKO?...No

Because the rules for boxing and official results matter more than your assumptions and opinion. Injuries change fights on every boxing card. It sucks. Its not ideal. Its tainted. But they still count. Is it the same as winning a legit decision or by KO/TKO?...No
You're last line is enough for me to say I AGREE. That's all I've been trying to say.

Ouch! But its worth a shot. I got PRP on the tendons in my elbow a few years ago and it seemed to help along with the rehab. The achilles though, doing that eccentric loading on a box with weights and the feeling you're going to snap it, sucks!
Yeah exactly.
Sometimes whem I'm tired in boxing, MMA, or basketball I start limping even if it doesnt hurt just out of fear it will snap again.
So you would recommend PRP????????

Why didn't his corner stop the fight after the end of the round where the injury occurred, the moment haye said his leg was fucked ?

He could have gotten knocked out by bellow which would have been really embarrassing and worsen his injury. He showed a heart of lion but also took alot of unnecessary shots, what was his corner thinking ?

Why didn't his corner stop the fight after the end of the round where the injury occurred, the moment haye said his leg was fucked ?

He could have gotten knocked out by bellow which would have been really embarrassing and worsen his injury. He showed a heart of lion but also took alot of unnecessary shots, what was his corner thinking ?

If they had been against a higher level of opponent I think they would have.

Pretty embarrassing loss for Haye. His corner should have stopped it a round or two earlier.

lol...did you not watch the fight?
Started watching from round 3. From what I seen, it was a great fight with two great boxers and all I see is people nitpicking at everything they done wrong, too many keyboard warriors here.

I'm happy with the result!

rXGfWnZ.jpg

I honestly am in shock.

Bellew is worse than i thought. He literally was losing against a man on one leg..
Haye should retire but it looks like their building a rematch. Ah well onto Garcia-Thur

Bellew obviously isn't a career HW and that was evident in the match.

Bellew took a round from Haye before the injury. And Bellew won every single round against Haye post injury.

Haye clearly isn't the same fighter. He couldn't even blast a LHW in Bellew. Haye was expected to run through Bellew and he couldn't.

Props to Bellew for finishing him off. Please no rematch!

Black t shirt spotted.

Back