David Haye v Tony Bellew

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Any interest in this fight from people not in the UK?

This is a good fight for us and the trash talk has built up nicely for the fight. I favour haye by more speed and power but wouldnt be to upset if bellew KO's him.

If haye wins then he might get a crack at the joshua v klitcko winner. Haye v AJ would be huge in the UK.

As much as I'd like to see Bellew make a fight of it, I cant see what he will have for Haye at heavyweight - Bellew lacked power at LHW and moving to Cruiser didnt do much for him except allow him to eat more it seems.

He's surprised us all before though, and he's definately got that underdog appeal. I'll be rooting for Bellew.

Haye is the most annyoing heavyweight contender in history. As entertaining as he is in the ring, he always looks for the easiest path to a title shot. Look at his opponent since he returned to the ring last year ...and even back when he chased Klitschko, he wouldn't fight someone like Povetkin.

Haye has fought disgraceful opposition since he came back, but i still think he will win inside 2 rounds

Bellew ran like a girl from Stevenson, and Haye hits a LOT harder than him

i fully expect a hesitant Bellew to get caught in a corner and knocked flat out inside 6 minutes

What the last two people said. The only way Bellew has any chance is if Haye has regressed massively. Otherwise, it's Haye any time he wants.

American here and I'm interested. I've watched Bellew and Haye's last few fights and the press conferences and face off videos for this bout. As a bettor I couldn't stop myself from betting Bellew to upset at +550, but I hedged with Haye winning in round 1-3. If this is as much of a mismatch as some people say and Haye KOs Bellew quickly, I'll still make a few bucks. I'm rooting for the upset and a big payday though.

Haye's an utter cock, but he wins this whenever he decides, ala Audley.

This has highlight knockout written all over it.

Bellew is cashing out. I guess the top guys in his division are heavy favorites to stop him. But they have no following or drawing power.
At least hes going to get paid and not look as bad by getting slept from a heavyweight.

Haye is bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, more power, better footwork, better movement, bettet conditioning, more durable.
This is one of the bigger mismatches in some time

Last edited:
I can't argue with most of this but Haye doesn't really look that much bigger than Bellew to me in the face offs.

As much as I'd like to see Bellew make a fight of it, I cant see what he will have for Haye at heavyweight - Bellew lacked power at LHW and moving to Cruiser didnt do much for him except allow him to eat more it seems.

He's surprised us all before though, and he's definately got that underdog appeal. I'll be rooting for Bellew.

Nah, Tony's problem isn't a lack of power, its being too easy to hit and facing a huge puncher.
Haye's been out of competitive competition for a number of years though.

It's the dismissive demeanour of Haye that bugs me, will also be rooting for Bellew.

Can't see Bellew having much of a shot.

This has highlight knockout written all over it.

Bellew is cashing out. I guess the top guys in his division are heavy favorites to stop him. But they have no following or drawing power.
At least hes going to get paid and not look as bad by getting slept from a heavyweight.

Pretty much this. Who is he going to beat at Cruiser weight beyond what he's already done? He's picked the most overripe fruit already

I like this fight. I think the longer it goes the worse it will be for Haye. But Haye is the bigger guy, harder hitting, and more used to the weight class and shots from bigger men. He may just wade through Bellew's punches and clobber him. I think Bellew has some decent boxing, he is the rightful underdog here, but I think he might be able to surprise us and I am looking forward to seeing whatever happens.

Anything else than an easy win for Haye would be surprising. If he gets a shot at Joshua/Klitchko after that, it would be bullshit but i suppose in boxing it's even more all about making the money than in the ufc

I would love to see Haye smash Bellew, I think Bellew is a complete classless twat

Haye hasn't fought a live opponent in about 5 years. Who knows where he is at? I think that is the big question mark on this fight. If haye hasn't regressed in his time out of the ring due to injury/age, then he'll smash the scouse twat and KO him whenever he likes. If he has then who knows?

I like this fight. I think the longer it goes the worse it will be for Haye. But Haye is the bigger guy, harder hitting, and more used to the weight class and shots from bigger men. He may just wade through Bellew's punches and clobber him. I think Bellew has some decent boxing, he is the rightful underdog here, but I think he might be able to surprise us and I am looking forward to seeing whatever happens.

I tend to agree with this

Back